Upvote Upvoted 29 Downvote Downvoted
FPS Config Tool
posted in Customization
27 Frags +

There it is

Mouseover labels to find more info/default value of a certain cvar.
Much cooler stuff to come on this site :)

Features:
? WORKS. Oh yeah
? Different backgrounds
? Easy/Advanced Modes
? Bad easter eggs
? Free hats
? Every page is being monitored by Gaben
? Get into Gaben's mind when breaking the tool

To-do:
- Downloads
- Add more cvars
- Update cvar infos/default values
- Add new cool stuff, eh

Still needs some work and help from the community - some cvars are lacking information or could use updated info. Feel free to add your suggestions.
Feel free to leave feedback.
Don't forget to leave your suggestion to make it even cooler.

Have fun :)

[url=http://tf2cfg.info]There it is[/url]

Mouseover labels to find more info/default value of a certain cvar.
Much cooler stuff to come on this site :)

[b]Features:[/b]
? WORKS. Oh yeah
? Different backgrounds
? Easy/Advanced Modes
? Bad easter eggs
? Free hats
? Every page is being monitored by Gaben
? Get into Gaben's mind when breaking the tool

[b]To-do:[/b]
- Downloads
- Add more cvars
- Update cvar infos/default values
- Add new cool stuff, eh

Still needs some work and help from the community - some cvars are lacking information or could use updated info. Feel free to add your suggestions.
Feel free to leave feedback.
Don't forget to leave your suggestion to make it even cooler.

Have fun :)
0 Frags +

This is a really cool idea. One suggestion is to say which option gives more fps in the advanced mode or which option is the more preferable. I think some people wouldn't understand what values would improve performance on certain commands(they could probably search it up but it wouldn't be as convenient).

This is a really cool idea. One suggestion is to say which option gives more fps in the advanced mode or which option is the more preferable. I think some people wouldn't understand what values would improve performance on certain commands(they could probably search it up but it wouldn't be as convenient).
1 Frags +

This is really cool. I agree with Gek about including a little more info on what each command does, but as of right now I think it's pretty intuitive for those of us who've fiddled with configs before. Great work!

This is really cool. I agree with Gek about including a little more info on what each command does, but as of right now I think it's pretty intuitive for those of us who've fiddled with configs before. Great work!
0 Frags +

This is definitely very very useful. I'll keep it bookmarked and I'm sure I'll meet some people who will need it

This is definitely very very useful. I'll keep it bookmarked and I'm sure I'll meet some people who will need it
0 Frags +

I actually thought about that, but it's hard to tell what gives extra fps and how much extra fps it gives, especially for me because I never have stable fps. I'm happy to hear suggestions on cvar updates tho. Right now most cvars use simple info taken from TF2 console cvarlist.

I actually thought about that, but it's hard to tell what gives extra fps and how much extra fps it gives, especially for me because I never have stable fps. I'm happy to hear suggestions on cvar updates tho. Right now most cvars use simple info taken from TF2 console cvarlist.
0 Frags +

http://1.1.1.2/bmi/cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/613899348247220641/3F24DADB4AFE3B12E8578C24FE1EA228E1237AD3/1024x575.resizedimage

Anyway I could disable all these black stains from splash on the ground?
Overall bune triabe! (my written Romanian is a bit rusty).
I use the Competitive - High quality.

[img]http://1.1.1.2/bmi/cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/613899348247220641/3F24DADB4AFE3B12E8578C24FE1EA228E1237AD3/1024x575.resizedimage[/img]
Anyway I could disable all these black stains from splash on the ground?
Overall bune triabe! (my written Romanian is a bit rusty).
I use the Competitive - High quality.
2 Frags +

What you meant is 'bun? treab?'! Thanks a lot!

The black stains are actually decals.
When creating your config you can set the "How many decals should be drawn?" to a lower value such as 9. When you're playing on a server you won't be able to see as many, but when you're alone you're the only one creating decals.

Keep in mind that by lowering decals you also lower the amount of bullets you see on the walls for example after you fire a hitscan weapon.

Decals aren't really important for the average player, so it won't matter much if you use a small value. They're usually turned up by players who want to draw their names on walls. That's what made decals awesome in first place according to Gaben.

What you meant is 'bun? treab?'! Thanks a lot!

The black stains are actually decals.
When creating your config you can set the "How many decals should be drawn?" to a lower value such as 9. When you're playing on a server you won't be able to see as many, but when you're alone you're the only one creating decals.

Keep in mind that by lowering decals you also lower the amount of bullets you see on the walls for example after you fire a hitscan weapon.

Decals aren't really important for the average player, so it won't matter much if you use a small value. They're usually turned up by players who want to draw their names on walls. That's what made decals awesome in first place according to Gaben.
0 Frags +

nice :3

nice :3
0 Frags +

Cool idea, I'd agree with Yankee. I think you should add some info as to what some of the things are. Overall its a nice tool :)

Cool idea, I'd agree with Yankee. I think you should add some info as to what some of the things are. Overall its a nice tool :)
0 Frags +

easy tool to use, nice

easy tool to use, nice
0 Frags +

Great work. Will be very useful to new people.

Great work. Will be very useful to new people.
0 Frags +

this is like a godsend to me thanks

this is like a godsend to me thanks
0 Frags +

AWESOME!, already replaced mine.

AWESOME!, already replaced mine.
2 Frags +

Hi guys :)
Back with an update:

http://tf2cfg.info/

New stuff:
- Pub Server Config Generator
* Includes basic server dedicated config, with options to enable replays, mvm, register with steam etc.
- Added a new page, cvarlist, for those of you who are willing to experiment.
- Updated help page with a better tutorial for installing config
- Added my real-time steam status on about page

Planned features:
* Tournament/Comp server configs.

Hi guys :)
Back with an update:

http://tf2cfg.info/

New stuff:
- Pub Server Config Generator
* Includes basic server dedicated config, with options to enable replays, mvm, register with steam etc.
- Added a new page, cvarlist, for those of you who are willing to experiment.
- Updated help page with a better tutorial for installing config
- Added my real-time steam status on about page

Planned features:
* Tournament/Comp server configs.
3 Frags +

Needs more popularity :)

In other news, I'm working on a tool for class configs. You can see a WIP here http://tf2cfg.info/classcfg.php - Please note that it is NOT functional, it's just the frontend. Please let me know if you have any suggestions with it. It'll be done next week, probably.

Also let me know what else you'd like to see (besides config stuff) as a tf2-releated website, and maybe one day it'll become reality :D

Needs more popularity :)

In other news, I'm working on a tool for class configs. You can see a WIP here [url]http://tf2cfg.info/classcfg.php[/url] - Please note that it is [b]NOT functional[/b], it's just the frontend. Please let me know if you have any suggestions with it. It'll be done next week, probably.

Also let me know what else you'd like to see (besides config stuff) as a tf2-releated website, and maybe one day it'll become reality :D
0 Frags +

awesome job dude :3

awesome job dude :3
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.