Upvote Upvoted 91 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3
4Plug
posted in Customization
37 Frags +

What is this?
4Plug is a tool to manage plugins for team fortress 2. It supports multiple types of plugins (huds, hitsounds, VPKs, .dll Addons, unsupported) and can update them. Plugin developers can also script settings windows and make theirs plugins easily configurable, settings will be applied after an update!

You can drag 'n' drop .zip plugins onto 4Plug and it'll install them for you!

Steam group for all my tf2 releated projects
My new twitter in case someone wants to message me.

Screenshot:
Main window.

https://fourtf.com/4plug/screenshot.png

Download:
download page

This is a Windows application but can be run on other systems via the mono framework. You can install it here or using the package manager on linux distros. The application will look emulated but works perfectly fine.

Double-click the run.sh if you're using linux and run.command if you are using a mac.

[b]What is this?[/b]
4Plug is a tool to manage plugins for team fortress 2. It supports multiple types of plugins (huds, hitsounds, VPKs, .dll Addons, unsupported) and can update them. Plugin developers can also script settings windows and make theirs plugins easily configurable, settings will be applied after an update!

You can drag 'n' drop .zip plugins onto 4Plug and it'll install them for you!

[url=http://steamcommunity.com/groups/4stuff]Steam group for all my tf2 releated projects[/url]
[url=https://twitter.com/fourtf_xd/]My new twitter in case someone wants to message me.[/url]

[b]Screenshot:[/b]
Main window.
[img]https://fourtf.com/4plug/screenshot.png[/img]

[b]Download:[/b]
[url=https://fourtf.com/4plug/]download page[/url]

This is a Windows application but can be run on other systems via the mono framework. You can install it [url=https://www.mono-project.com/download/stable/]here[/url] or using the package manager on linux distros. The application will look emulated but works perfectly fine.

Double-click the run.sh if you're using linux and run.command if you are using a mac.
3 Frags +

Looks amazing! :) Hope to see hud editors and plugin makers jumping in and supporting this.

The only suggestion I have atm is to change the name :D Need something with more flair and impact to it.

Looks amazing! :) Hope to see hud editors and plugin makers jumping in and supporting this.

The only suggestion I have atm is to change the name :D Need something with more flair and impact to it.
3 Frags +

It instantly crashed when I want to open it.

It instantly crashed when I want to open it.
5 Frags +
SolidSpeerlaiyeIt instantly crashed when I want to open it.

Can you maybe add some information?

OS?
Service Pack?
AntiVirus used?
Did you change your default installation path?
etc

[quote=SolidSpeerlaiye]It instantly crashed when I want to open it.[/quote]
Can you maybe add some information?

OS?
Service Pack?
AntiVirus used?
Did you change your default installation path?
etc
1 Frags +
SolidSpeerlaiyeIt instantly crashed when I want to open it.

This might be because your computer does not have the .net framework 2.0 installed. I thought that it was installed on every Windows PC by default but maybe it's not in some cases. I made a small program only containing an empty window, if it crashes instantly then the issue is that you don't have the .net framework installed http://puu.sh/4Yn1m.zip

[quote=SolidSpeerlaiye]It instantly crashed when I want to open it.[/quote]

This might be because your computer does not have the .net framework 2.0 installed. I thought that it was installed on every Windows PC by default but maybe it's not in some cases. I made a small program only containing an empty window, if it crashes instantly then the issue is that you don't have the .net framework installed [url=http://puu.sh/4Yn1m.zip]http://puu.sh/4Yn1m.zip[/url]
1 Frags +

Service Pack: 1
AntiVirus: Avast! (already tried disabling it but that didn't help)
I did not change the default installation path becuase I didn't even get to install it

@four: The programm you linked doesn't crash.

Service Pack: 1
AntiVirus: Avast! (already tried disabling it but that didn't help)
I did not change the default installation path becuase I didn't even get to install it

@four: The programm you linked doesn't crash.
1 Frags +

Crashes on startup

Edit:

fourSolidSpeerlaiyeIt instantly crashed when I want to open it.
This might be because your computer does not have the .net framework 2.0 installed. I thought that it was installed on every Windows PC by default but maybe it's not in some cases. I made a small program only containing an empty window, if it crashes instantly then the issue is that you don't have the .net framework installed http://puu.sh/4Yn1m.zip

The program doesn't crash

Crashes on startup

Edit:
[quote=four][quote=SolidSpeerlaiye]It instantly crashed when I want to open it.[/quote]

This might be because your computer does not have the .net framework 2.0 installed. I thought that it was installed on every Windows PC by default but maybe it's not in some cases. I made a small program only containing an empty window, if it crashes instantly then the issue is that you don't have the .net framework installed [url=http://puu.sh/4Yn1m.zip]http://puu.sh/4Yn1m.zip[/url][/quote]

The program doesn't crash
0 Frags +

I am not sure why the program crashed for some people but it works now for morky so I'm assuming that it's fixed.
dl

I am not sure why the program crashed for some people but it works now for morky so I'm assuming that it's fixed.
[url=http://yuhrney.square7.ch/TF2/Plug.zip]dl[/url]
0 Frags +
fourI am not sure why the program crashed for some people but it works now for morky so I'm assuming that it's fixed.
dl

Yup, fixed it for me aswell :)

[quote=four]I am not sure why the program crashed for some people but it works now for morky so I'm assuming that it's fixed.
[url=http://yuhrney.square7.ch/TF2/Plug.zip]dl[/url][/quote]

Yup, fixed it for me aswell :)
0 Frags +

I had written something similar to this (not nearly as finished, of course), and my idea was to have two separate applications. One for the everyday user, and another for those who create HUDs/plugins ect. The plan was that it would require almost no effort from me after release by having those who create the HUD do things such as upload the name/description/screenshots/ect, the only thing I would do is give them their own login account (to prevent needless spamming).

No idea if you have a better system or what, just figured i'd post it. Looks nice, good job ^_^

edit: welp, looks like you covered this. didn't notice the 'documentation for devs' button.

I had written something similar to this (not nearly as finished, of course), and my idea was to have two separate applications. One for the everyday user, and another for those who create HUDs/plugins ect. The plan was that it would require almost no effort from me after release by having those who create the HUD do things such as upload the name/description/screenshots/ect, the only thing I would do is give them their own login account (to prevent needless spamming).

No idea if you have a better system or what, just figured i'd post it. Looks nice, good job ^_^

edit: welp, looks like you covered this. didn't notice the 'documentation for devs' button.
1 Frags +

This is amazing thank you!:D can't wait to see more of your future projects! good luck :)

This is amazing thank you!:D can't wait to see more of your future projects! good luck :)
2 Frags +

What is this magic, how did it detect that my HUD with no plugin metadata was a HUD?

Also, windows thinks it's an installer and goes WAIT WHAT HAPPENED when I close it the first time.

What is this magic, how did it detect that my HUD with no plugin metadata was a HUD?

Also, windows thinks it's an installer and goes WAIT WHAT HAPPENED when I close it the first time.
1 Frags +
wareyaWhat is this magic, how did it detect that my HUD with no plugin metadata was a HUD?

Well, I check if some "key" files exist, so if the file "\sound\ui\hitsound.wav" exists it's a hitsound, if "\resource\clientscheme.res" exists it's a hud. If neither is true I check if the folder "\addons\" exists and it has a file that ends with .dll. Finally I check the custom and custom_ folder if there are any .vpk files. :)

wareyaAlso, windows thinks it's an installer and goes WAIT WHAT HAPPENED when I close it the first time.

I noticed this problem, Windows checks if the assembly of the file if the product/title of the tool contains "instal" and shows this message if the program does not write a registry entry for a uninstall path. It doesn't show up anymore after compiling but I guess it does when launched properly. The best fix would be to find a better name >.>

sp33dy1018This is amazing thank you!:D can't wait to see more of your future projects! good luck :)

Thanks <3

[quote=wareya]What is this magic, how did it detect that my HUD with no plugin metadata was a HUD?[/quote]

Well, I check if some "key" files exist, so if the file "\sound\ui\hitsound.wav" exists it's a hitsound, if "\resource\clientscheme.res" exists it's a hud. If neither is true I check if the folder "\addons\" exists and it has a file that ends with .dll. Finally I check the custom and custom_ folder if there are any .vpk files. :)

[quote=wareya]Also, windows thinks it's an installer and goes WAIT WHAT HAPPENED when I close it the first time.[/quote]

I noticed this problem, Windows checks if the assembly of the file if the product/title of the tool contains "instal" and shows this message if the program does not write a registry entry for a uninstall path. It doesn't show up anymore after compiling but I guess it does when launched properly. The best fix would be to find a better name >.>

[quote=sp33dy1018]This is amazing thank you!:D can't wait to see more of your future projects! good luck :)[/quote]
Thanks <3
0 Frags +

I can't think of a better name, does someone else have one that preferably does not contain the word install?

I can't think of a better name, does someone else have one that preferably does not contain the word install?
0 Frags +

TF2PlugHub

TF2PlugHub
5 Frags +
fourI can't think of a better name, does someone else have one that preferably does not contain the word install?

4Plug? keep the theme with your other programs with the "4" at the beginning
also HOLY SHIT THIS IS GREAT

[quote=four]I can't think of a better name, does someone else have one that preferably does not contain the word install?[/quote]
4Plug? keep the theme with your other programs with the "4" at the beginning
also HOLY SHIT THIS IS GREAT
0 Frags +

lel

TF2CustomFource

Also brilliant program! I'd really like to see the ability to choose HUD's from a list or something for those HUD's that the creator has uploaded his content for.

lel

TF2CustomFource

Also brilliant program! I'd really like to see the ability to choose HUD's from a list or something for those HUD's that the creator has uploaded his content for.
0 Frags +

I would go for 4plug as well or 4Manager, much easier to brand and make it stand out from other stuff.

Are you working towards a centralized server where all hud makers will be able to upload new version information or something like that? that would be the absolute max, being able to update and install any hud on demand.

I would go for 4plug as well or 4Manager, much easier to brand and make it stand out from other stuff.

Are you working towards a centralized server where all hud makers will be able to upload new version information or something like that? that would be the absolute max, being able to update and install any hud on demand.
2 Frags +
KanecoI would go for 4plug as well or 4Manager, much easier to brand and make it stand out from other stuff.

Yeah it sounds good, I wanted to make the name self explanation but 4Plug just sounds better.

KanecoAre you working towards a centralized server where all hud makers will be able to upload new version information or something like that? that would be the absolute max, being able to update and install any hud on demand.

I'm currently cooperating with someone else and I hope we can make that happen!

[quote=Kaneco]I would go for 4plug as well or 4Manager, much easier to brand and make it stand out from other stuff.[/quote]
Yeah it sounds good, I wanted to make the name self explanation but 4Plug just sounds better.

[quote=Kaneco]Are you working towards a centralized server where all hud makers will be able to upload new version information or something like that? that would be the absolute max, being able to update and install any hud on demand.[/quote]
I'm currently cooperating with someone else and I hope we can make that happen!
2 Frags +

Update v1.02
- Added 2 controls and a new scripting system to the settings to make more advanced options. They are not completely finished, I'm also gonna update the documentation when it is! You can see them in action in Goat_ hud 2.0 which will be released later tonight!

The linux/mac version will be ready in a couple of days as well!

note that the name of the executable was changed from TF2PlugInstaller.exe to 4Plug.exe

Update v1.02
- Added 2 controls and a new scripting system to the settings to make more advanced options. They are not completely finished, I'm also gonna update the documentation when it is! You can see them in action in [url=http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/10839]Goat_ hud 2.0[/url] which will be released later tonight!

The linux/mac version will be ready in a couple of days as well!

note that the name of the executable was changed from TF2PlugInstaller.exe to 4Plug.exe
0 Frags +

Goat_ Hud 2.0 is now available, everything is set up correctly which means drag+drop installation works without problems and it has a great number of scripted settings!

[url=http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/10839]Goat_ Hud 2.0[/url] is now available, everything is set up correctly which means drag+drop installation works without problems and it has a great number of scripted settings!
0 Frags +

Looks interesting, I hope maybe later on in time, this can be used as a main collection spot/program for most of the customisable stuff :)

Looks interesting, I hope maybe later on in time, this can be used as a main collection spot/program for most of the customisable stuff :)
2 Frags +

v1.03

• Added support for linux/mac with mono!

v1.031

• Removed read-only parameter of the filename textboxes of the path selector dialog. This allows users that can't properly select the custom folder with the dialogs to use the tool as well.
v1.03
[list]
[*] Added support for linux/mac with mono!
[/list]

v1.031
[list]
[*] Removed read-only parameter of the filename textboxes of the path selector dialog. This allows users that can't properly select the custom folder with the dialogs to use the tool as well.
[/list]
3 Frags +

how is this not +fragged to heaven?

amazing work!

i hope this becomes the only tool u need to setup tf2.

how is this not +fragged to heaven?

amazing work!

i hope this becomes the only tool u need to setup tf2.
3 Frags +

Changed the title as requested.

Changed the title as requested.
2 Frags +
huhyChanged the title as requested.

thanks a lot :)

[quote=huhy]Changed the title as requested.[/quote]
thanks a lot :)
4 Frags +

Nice work four :)

Nice work four :)
1 Frags +

v1.032
Fixed some stuff for the mac/linux version

I'm not sure yet how I'm gonna implement auto updates for 4Plug for the mac/linux versions.

v1.032
Fixed some stuff for the mac/linux version

I'm not sure yet how I'm gonna implement auto updates for 4Plug for the mac/linux versions.
1 Frags +

could you please elaborate on the mac instructions for the non-coders here? like how do you "change "4Plug.exe" to the direct path to 4Plug.exe?"

could you please elaborate on the mac instructions for the non-coders here? like how do you "change "4Plug.exe" to the direct path to 4Plug.exe?"
0 Frags +

Open the

Workshardcould you please elaborate on the mac instructions for the non-coders here? like how do you "change "4Plug.exe" to the direct path to 4Plug.exe?"
  • Open the file run.sh in a text editor
  • Select the file "4Plug.exe" in finder and press cmd + i on the keyboard
  • Now copy the full path of the file. (Where)
  • In the text editor there is a line with the text "mono 4Plug.exe" -> replace 4Plug.exe by the path you copied.
  • Save
  • Rename run.sh to run.command so it will be opened in the terminal instead of a text editor

NOT NEEDED ANYMORE

Open the[quote=Workshard]could you please elaborate on the mac instructions for the non-coders here? like how do you "change "4Plug.exe" to the direct path to 4Plug.exe?"[/quote]

[list]
[*] Open the file run.sh in a text editor
[*] Select the file "4Plug.exe" in finder and press cmd + i on the keyboard
[*] Now copy the full path of the file. (Where)
[*] In the text editor there is a line with the text "mono 4Plug.exe" -> replace 4Plug.exe by the path you copied.
[*] Save
[*] Rename run.sh to run.command so it will be opened in the terminal instead of a text editor
[/list]

[b]NOT NEEDED ANYMORE[/b]
1 2 3
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.