Upvote Upvoted 5 Downvote Downvoted
Stutter when loading the next backpack page
4 Frags +

Hey!
In this thread :http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/14894-weird-inventory-thing-that-crashes-my-game
me and some other people had this exact same issue:

The game Stutters for like 2 Seconds when pressing the forward button in the the tf2 backpack
or also when you want to choose a other loadout or equip other weapons.
But after scrolling trough all the pages in my backpack everything works fine again.

A other guy also has a problem that he has to load his whole backpack or sometimes bad frame rate occurs.Im not really sure though that problem is related to the backpack.

Whats the cause of this?And how to fix it?

Hey!
In this thread :http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/14894-weird-inventory-thing-that-crashes-my-game
me and some other people had this exact same issue:

The game Stutters for like 2 Seconds when pressing the forward button in the the tf2 backpack
or also when you want to choose a other loadout or equip other weapons.
But after scrolling trough all the pages in my backpack everything works fine again.

A other guy also has a problem that he has to load his whole backpack or sometimes bad frame rate occurs.Im not really sure though that problem is related to the backpack.

Whats the cause of this?And how to fix it?
3 Frags +

I have this same problem, honestly its just a minor inconvenience.

I have this same problem, honestly its just a minor inconvenience.
11 Frags +

it's just a thing tf2 does, nothing you can really do to fix it.

it's just a thing tf2 does, nothing you can really do to fix it.
3 Frags +

Yeah I think it does that for everybody.

Yeah I think it does that for everybody.
0 Frags +

Same thing happens to me. I've just learned to live with it...kind of assumed the network loading was happening on the UI thread for some reason which was causing it to hang..but that's a completely unintelligent guess

Same thing happens to me. I've just learned to live with it...kind of assumed the network loading was happening on the UI thread for some reason which was causing it to hang..but that's a completely unintelligent guess
-13 Frags +

Defrag your HDD.

Defrag your HDD.
9 Frags +

^ Happens to me on an SSD, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.

^ Happens to me on an SSD, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.
0 Frags +
stabbyDefrag your HDD.

YEP that was exactly the same reason I thought it would be.
So i fired the defrag up ,and my HDD was (still is )defraged as shit couldnt defrag it tho because it was costing like 30 gb for -4% of the fragmentation.
Installed on my second drie (SSD) and had still the same problem.

[quote=stabby]Defrag your HDD.[/quote]

YEP that was exactly the same reason I thought it would be.
So i fired the defrag up ,and my HDD was (still is )defraged as shit couldnt defrag it tho because it was costing like 30 gb for -4% of the fragmentation.
Installed on my second drie (SSD) and had still the same problem.
0 Frags +

That's because tf2 doesn't load all the backpack data at once but every time you enter a page that hasn't been accessed yet. Hard drive fragmentation isn't a problem when a program loads a single file but no backpack data is stored on the hard drive anyways.

That's because tf2 doesn't load all the backpack data at once but every time you enter a page that hasn't been accessed yet. Hard drive fragmentation isn't a problem when a program loads a single file but no backpack data is stored on the hard drive anyways.
0 Frags +
hooky^ Happens to me on an SSD, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.

Odd, switching to an SSD got rid of it for me.

[quote=hooky]^ Happens to me on an SSD, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.[/quote]
Odd, switching to an SSD got rid of it for me.
0 Frags +
stabbyhooky^ Happens to me on an SSD, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.Odd, switching to an SSD got rid of it for me.

I'm not sure but maybe it lagged when the images of the weapons got loaded but that should only happen when you open the backpack for the first time if it happens at all.

[quote=stabby][quote=hooky]^ Happens to me on an SSD, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.[/quote]
Odd, switching to an SSD got rid of it for me.[/quote]

I'm not sure but maybe it lagged when the images of the weapons got loaded but that should only happen when you open the backpack for the first time if it happens at all.
5 Frags +

Oh nice Valve finally fixed this

Improved loading of item information panels to prevent hitches when cycling through backpack pages

Use the convar tf_time_loading_item_panels to control how much time is spent per frame loading item panel data.

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=12360

Oh nice Valve finally fixed this

[i]Improved loading of item information panels to prevent hitches when cycling through backpack pages

Use the convar tf_time_loading_item_panels to control how much time is spent per frame loading item panel data.[/i]

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=12360
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.