Upvote Upvoted 17 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3 4
Fully charged #21 -- ask infinite/Fornaught stuff:
16 Frags +

Just confirmed UGC bigwigs infinite and Fornaught (who owns the league) to be guests on Fully Charged this week. With the usual vitriol aside -- questions for them?

Just confirmed UGC bigwigs infinite and Fornaught (who owns the league) to be guests on Fully Charged this week. With the usual vitriol aside -- questions for them?
11 Frags +

Baked or Fried wings?

Baked or Fried wings?
10 Frags +

oh, a third UGC admin -- the head admin xarlor will also join us

oh, a third UGC admin -- the head admin xarlor will also join us
1 Frags +

Why can't I come up with anything good, someone link that HL drama thread, that'll get the brain going

Why can't I come up with anything good, someone link that HL drama thread, that'll get the brain going
2 Frags +

Will 8v8 ever come back?

Will 8v8 ever come back?
9 Frags +
DunderBroWhy can't I come up with anything good, someone link that HL drama thread, that'll get the brain going

here you go

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/1522-invite-player-rule-lifting-made-any-difference/

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/235-pre-season-highlander-gossip/

[quote=DunderBro]Why can't I come up with anything good, someone link that HL drama thread, that'll get the brain going[/quote]
here you go

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/1522-invite-player-rule-lifting-made-any-difference/

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/235-pre-season-highlander-gossip/
22 Frags +

Ask about the freemium, and why they chose not to take it.

Ask about the freemium, and why they chose not to take it.
10 Frags +

Ratio of good maps to shitty maps next season?

Discuss bad / flawed cutoff lines between divisions?

Ratio of good maps to shitty maps next season?

Discuss bad / flawed cutoff lines between divisions?
10 Frags +

discuss infinite being a dingus

jk dont

discuss infinite being a dingus

jk dont
18 Frags +

Discuss how UGC was started.

How do they feel about the generally negative reception to anything they do/say?

Discuss how UGC was started.

How do they feel about the generally negative reception to anything they do/say?
6 Frags +

will you guys always include swiftwater?

will you guys always include swiftwater?
3 Frags +

ask how/if cevo's return will change their approach

ask how/if cevo's return will change their approach
10 Frags +

Note: My only excursions into UGC consist of like 2 999 ping heavy games in steel (no iron that season), the lurking of the UGC forums from time to time, and watching streams/vods of matches of various divisions of Highlander and some 6v6.

1) I saw a lot of posts that follow along the lines of that the forum isn't populated enough to form opinions of what the league wants. Are there plans in motion to get a better representation of the league from players who don't post on the forums, or to make the people who post on what they think of maps/rules factor more into decisions?

2) There have been plenty of maps that have received a lot of criticism. In the case of the admin pick, would these be forced into the seasons again without changes being made to them?

3) What is the opinion on a more 'standard' map list for the main season? It seems weird that there can be so much variation between main seasons.

4) Can CTF be retired until a CTF map that is generally agreed upon to be at least decent is made, or changes to the CTF gamemode is made? There doesn't really seem to have been a CTF map that is agreed upon to be good (turbine/turbine_pro, vitalism/haunt) in general so the continuing of the game mode seems a bit off.

More may come.

Note: My only excursions into UGC consist of like 2 999 ping heavy games in steel (no iron that season), the lurking of the UGC forums from time to time, and watching streams/vods of matches of various divisions of Highlander and some 6v6.

1) I saw a lot of posts that follow along the lines of that the forum isn't populated enough to form opinions of what the league wants. Are there plans in motion to get a better representation of the league from players who don't post on the forums, or to make the people who post on what they think of maps/rules factor more into decisions?

2) There have been plenty of maps that have received a lot of criticism. In the case of the admin pick, would these be forced into the seasons again without changes being made to them?

3) What is the opinion on a more 'standard' map list for the main season? It seems weird that there can be so much variation between main seasons.

4) Can CTF be retired until a CTF map that is generally agreed upon to be at least decent is made, or changes to the CTF gamemode is made? There doesn't really seem to have been a CTF map that is agreed upon to be good (turbine/turbine_pro, vitalism/haunt) in general so the continuing of the game mode seems a bit off.

More may come.
9 Frags +

why are you always hostile toward top 6s players?

why are you always hostile toward top 6s players?
-1 Frags +
cefyrinwhy are you always hostile toward top 6s players?

A fair amount of top 6s players bash Highlander, so it just seems mutual is how I see it. Why can't we all just get along?

[quote=cefyrin]why are you always hostile toward top 6s players?[/quote]
A fair amount of top 6s players bash Highlander, so it just seems mutual is how I see it. Why can't we all just get along?
-7 Frags +
TheMedicTF2Deservescefyrinwhy are you always hostile toward top 6s players?A fair amount of top 6s players bash Highlander, so it just seems mutual is how I see it. Why can't we all just get along?

There's a difference between thinking something is a joke and bashing it.

[quote=TheMedicTF2Deserves][quote=cefyrin]why are you always hostile toward top 6s players?[/quote]
A fair amount of top 6s players bash Highlander, so it just seems mutual is how I see it. Why can't we all just get along?[/quote]
There's a difference between thinking something is a joke and bashing it.
23 Frags +

why haunt

why haunt
11 Frags +

what is your favorite thing about 6v6

what is your favorite thing about 6v6
3 Frags +

What sort of things are you actively doing to try and improve the tf2 competitive scene? Not specifically highlander or 6v6, but in general. Are you looking to improve on anything UGC does to help the overall tf2 competitive community?

What sort of things are you actively doing to try and improve the tf2 competitive scene? Not specifically highlander or 6v6, but in general. Are you looking to improve on anything UGC does to help the overall tf2 competitive community?
5 Frags +
huhywhy haunt

or better: why haunt after everyone hated vitalism in s7?

[quote=huhy]why haunt[/quote]
or better: why haunt after everyone hated vitalism in s7?
0 Frags +

When will koth_highpass join the maplist

Or, what maps are they potentially looking at including in the next season?

When will koth_highpass join the maplist

Or, what maps are they potentially looking at including in the next season?
20 Frags +

Why are you going to kill solid Platinum teams by forcing them to play a season of "fun" (summer) maps that no one in the division wants to play?

Why are you going to kill solid Platinum teams by forcing them to play a season of "fun" (summer) maps that no one in the division wants to play?
8 Frags +

are there any plans to adress commonly held complaints about UGC? I am very very uninvolved with highlander but my friends who play it and the general consensus I've seen from these forums seem to suggest that people think UGC as a league is a bit slow with dealing with and implementing change. Is there anything in the pipeline to make player-preference oriented decisions more likely? Or, in other words, are players ever going to have a greater say in the league than they do presently?

are there any plans to adress commonly held complaints about UGC? I am very very uninvolved with highlander but my friends who play it and the general consensus I've seen from these forums seem to suggest that people think UGC as a league is a bit slow with dealing with and implementing change. Is there anything in the pipeline to make player-preference oriented decisions more likely? Or, in other words, are players ever going to have a greater say in the league than they do presently?
1 Frags +

how do you test the new maps that are voted in? also, waste and haunt: WHY?

how do you test the new maps that are voted in? also, waste and haunt: WHY?
12 Frags +

What vision do the admins have for the future of UGC?
Which do they value more: creating a positive, fun environment for newer level teams or setting up competitive challenges that ask the most out of teams in their coordination, mechanics, and map knowledge?

I feel like a lot of the criticism pointed towards UGC would be alleviated if people could better understand what the admins' goals for the league were. It could also allow for more creative solutions (e.g. different maplists for different divisions) to solve specific problems.

What vision do the admins have for the future of UGC?
Which do they value more: creating a positive, fun environment for newer level teams or setting up competitive challenges that ask the most out of teams in their coordination, mechanics, and map knowledge?

I feel like a lot of the criticism pointed towards UGC would be alleviated if people could better understand what the admins' goals for the league were. It could also allow for more creative solutions (e.g. different maplists for different divisions) to solve specific problems.
10 Frags +

Why in the hell was my team put in Plat?

Why in the hell was my team put in Plat?
18 Frags +

Why the hell was my team put in Gold when we requested to be placed in Silver and then delete my posts on the forums about the issue as well, along with blocking me when I tried to add you to my friends list to talk about it.

Why the hell was my team put in Gold when we requested to be placed in Silver and then delete my posts on the forums about the issue as well, along with blocking me when I tried to add you to my friends list to talk about it.
5 Frags +

Why does infinite not acknowledge that UGC 6v6 will never be anything other then ESEA Free.

Why does infinite not acknowledge that UGC 6v6 will never be anything other then ESEA Free.
8 Frags +

Who do I have to contact for a 6s south american division? :D

Who do I have to contact for a 6s south american division? :D
1 Frags +

What do they think about reducing the number of different gamemodes played each season to make spectating and playing easier (you don't have to learn new rules for each match)? Let's say there were a map contest to create new A/D and PL maps, and plenty of competitive-ready maps were submitted. Would they consider a stopwatch-only season for the sake of consistency and ease of understanding what's going on? I feel like these are the easiest to spectate and are some of the most popular maps among 9v9 players, as well as the most highlander-oriented ones. The role of each class on stopwatch maps is very clear and it is rare for a stopwatch map to handicap a particular class (ie. what haunt does to snipers) or favor a particular class (ie. what haunt does to scouts and soldiers).

Being that PL is already the most popular gamemode in pubs (possibly second to ctf_2fort), I think this would bring in more new people and keep them in the league season after season because they know that the maps each season won't vary too much and they don't have a couple weeks each season that they want to skip/forfeit because a gamemode few people like was forced in on a bad map.

This would obviously be a very radical change but I'd be interested to know how the admins feel about something like this.

What do they think about reducing the number of different gamemodes played each season to make spectating and playing easier (you don't have to learn new rules for each match)? Let's say there were a map contest to create new A/D and PL maps, and plenty of competitive-ready maps were submitted. Would they consider a stopwatch-only season for the sake of consistency and ease of understanding what's going on? I feel like these are the easiest to spectate and are some of the most popular maps among 9v9 players, as well as the most highlander-oriented ones. The role of each class on stopwatch maps is very clear and it is rare for a stopwatch map to handicap a particular class (ie. what haunt does to snipers) or favor a particular class (ie. what haunt does to scouts and soldiers).

Being that PL is already the most popular gamemode in pubs (possibly second to ctf_2fort), I think this would bring in more new people and keep them in the league season after season because they know that the maps each season won't vary too much and they don't have a couple weeks each season that they want to skip/forfeit because a gamemode few people like was forced in on a bad map.

This would obviously be a very radical change but I'd be interested to know how the admins feel about something like this.
1 2 3 4
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.