Upvote Upvoted 19 Downvote Downvoted
froghud v1.0 ---> interested?
18 Frags +

Heyo people,

So some time ago, I used to use the Garm3n 4mp HUD, and while I did love the cool font and all, I decided to start editing it to my liking. So after months of work I feel really satisfied with the result. Then I thought of making it public, but before I do so I'd like to see if there is any interest in me releasing it.

Here are some screenshots of froghud v1.0:
http://imgur.com//a/GGoJb#0

This HUD is NOT made from scratch, it is simply a heavily edited Garm3n 4mp HUD so all credits go to Garm3n as well as Omp (from which I took the scoreboard, spectator hud and a few other things).

I don't essentially plan on adding new requested features as it is simply a HUD made for myself, but if people are interested enough I might make it public. Ofcourese I'll update it if anything becomes broken since I use it myself.

Leave a comment with thoughts and if you're interested or not.

Heyo people,

So some time ago, I used to use the Garm3n 4mp HUD, and while I did love the cool font and all, I decided to start editing it to my liking. So after months of work I feel really satisfied with the result. Then I thought of making it public, but before I do so I'd like to see if there is any interest in me releasing it.

Here are some screenshots of [b]froghud v1.0[/b]:
http://imgur.com//a/GGoJb#0

[b]This HUD is NOT made from scratch[/b], it is simply a heavily edited Garm3n 4mp HUD so [i]all credits go to Garm3n as well as Omp[/i] (from which I took the scoreboard, spectator hud and a few other things).

I don't essentially plan on adding new requested features as it is simply a HUD made for myself, but if people are interested enough I might make it public. Ofcourese I'll update it if anything becomes broken since I use it myself.

Leave a comment with thoughts and if you're interested or not.
2 Frags +

No links :(

Edit: looks pretty cool :D

No links :(

Edit: looks pretty cool :D
1 Frags +

I like the look

I like the look
2 Frags +

Forgot to add it :P should be working now though.

Forgot to add it :P should be working now though.
1 Frags +

Definitely a clean look, I dig it. Go for it man! Love testing out new huds that are in early stages, and this one looks great :]

Definitely a clean look, I dig it. Go for it man! Love testing out new huds that are in early stages, and this one looks great :]
0 Frags +

Oh yeah this is pretty sharp. Release it!

Oh yeah this is pretty sharp. Release it!
2 Frags +

I have a friend who's testing it right now, so might upload this soon! Keep your eyes open for a release.

I have a friend who's testing it right now, so might upload this soon! Keep your eyes open for a release.
0 Frags +

frog1 will enjoy this hud, thank you.

frog1 will enjoy this hud, thank you.
0 Frags +

Looks pretty good! Love the font and the color scheme. Gives it kind of a retro look.

Looks pretty good! Love the font and the color scheme. Gives it kind of a retro look.
1 Frags +

pretty

pretty
0 Frags +

It would take a mean hud to get me to try something other than rays but this one might do it, really nice work.

It would take a mean hud to get me to try something other than rays but this one might do it, really nice work.
1 Frags +

I saw the name and I was like "this is gonna be good"
and it was good
+1

I saw the name and I was like "this is gonna be good"
and it was good
+1
0 Frags +

0 Frags +

Release it please! Very nice.

Release it please! Very nice.
1 Frags +

Added some new screenshots showing the KOTH HUD, Damage numbers, CTF HUD and the Payload Race HUD. Thanks for the kind words, it seems I will release it since there is some interest atleast, so a release will be pushed when everything is done!

Added some new screenshots showing the KOTH HUD, Damage numbers, CTF HUD and the Payload Race HUD. Thanks for the kind words, it seems I will release it since there is some interest atleast, so [b]a release will be pushed when everything is done![/b]
0 Frags +

I might be seeing things, but the ubercharge bar looks a bit too far to the left. The kill feed looks like it might be too low also, unless something's going on that I can't notice. Otherwise this looks really simplistic and nice. Good job!

I might be seeing things, but the ubercharge bar looks a bit too far to the left. The kill feed looks like it might be too low also, unless something's going on that I can't notice. Otherwise this looks really simplistic and nice. Good job!
0 Frags +
kirbyI might be seeing things, but the ubercharge bar looks a bit too far to the left. The kill feed looks like it might be too low also, unless something's going on that I can't notice. Otherwise this looks really simplistic and nice. Good job!

I'm quite sure that the ubercharge is pretty centered, if you take into account both the ubercharge digit and the percentage sign, but I'll have a closer look. Also thanks for pointing out the thing with the killfeed, in the original HUD it was put this low so that it did not overlap with for instance the KOTH timepanel, but since I've moved stuff around (ex the KOTH timepanel which was moved to the bottom of the screen) I can now move the killfeed a bit higher, so it takes up less space.

[quote=kirby]I might be seeing things, but the ubercharge bar looks a bit too far to the left. The kill feed looks like it might be too low also, unless something's going on that I can't notice. Otherwise this looks really simplistic and nice. Good job![/quote]

I'm quite sure that the ubercharge is pretty centered, if you take into account both the ubercharge digit and the percentage sign, but I'll have a closer look. Also thanks for pointing out the thing with the killfeed, in the original HUD it was put this low so that it did not overlap with for instance the KOTH timepanel, but since I've moved stuff around (ex the KOTH timepanel which was moved to the bottom of the screen) I can now move the killfeed a bit higher, so it takes up less space.
0 Frags +

Oh I think I understand what you meant kirby, that the bar itself is too far to the left and not the digits etc, but thanks for pointing it out, I'll have a closer look.

Oh I think I understand what you meant kirby, that the bar itself is too far to the left and not the digits etc, but thanks for pointing it out, I'll have a closer look.
0 Frags +

Looks like how I wanted Garm3n 4mp to look. Not a fan of the damage number's colour but that can easily by me when I download it.

Good Job.

Looks like how I wanted Garm3n 4mp to look. Not a fan of the damage number's colour but that can easily by me when I download it.

Good Job.
0 Frags +

Pink damage numbers = dabes
But you're right, it's personal preference and it's really easy to change. Might just release it with like standard green or yellow text.

Pink damage numbers = dabes
But you're right, it's personal preference and it's really easy to change. Might just release it with like standard green or yellow text.
1 Frags +

Nice hud!

Would removing the class icons at the bottom left be simple?

Nice hud!

Would removing the class icons at the bottom left be simple?
1 Frags +

It looks very good actually. I'd probably use it. The class icon on the bottom left is really unnecessary though.

It looks very good actually. I'd probably use it. The class icon on the bottom left is really unnecessary though.
0 Frags +

The class icon is to me just something I find cool, however it is really simple to remove so no worries regarding that. Might just remove it when releasing.

The class icon is to me just something I find cool, however it is really simple to remove so no worries regarding that. Might just remove it when releasing.
1 Frags +

any updates on this?

any updates on this?
0 Frags +

I haven't been working on it lately, haven't had time, but I might release a beta version if people are interested. There are a few things that has to be fixed, for instance the MvM HUD and the vaccinator, but I can still release the current version as it is definately playable!

I haven't been working on it lately, haven't had time, but I might release a beta version if people are interested. There are a few things that has to be fixed, for instance the MvM HUD and the vaccinator, but I can still release the current version as it is definately playable!
1 Frags +

I never play MvM or use the vaccinator anyway, a beta version would be very nice

I never play MvM or use the vaccinator anyway, a beta version would be very nice
-11 Frags +

i think tf2 has enough huds already lol

i think tf2 has enough huds already lol
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.