Upvote Upvoted 9 Downvote Downvoted
DCI 2013!
posted in Off Topic
8 Frags +

Does anybody here follow Drum Corps International? The season is officially kickstarting in Akron, OH. The following groups are performing:

- Bluecoats
- Phantom Regiment
- The Cadets
- Boston Crusaders
- The Cavaliers
- Spirit of Atlanta

I almost literally lose so much of my life during the summer watching DCI videos day in and day out. It's an unhealthy addiction. I'm particularly looking out for the Bluecoats, my favorite drumline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSXsCyb1p78

So, any favorites or predictions for the season, assuming anybody here even knows DCI exists? I know there are a couple!

Does anybody here follow Drum Corps International? The season is officially kickstarting in Akron, OH. The following groups are performing:

- Bluecoats
- Phantom Regiment
- The Cadets
- Boston Crusaders
- The Cavaliers
- Spirit of Atlanta

I almost literally lose so much of my life during the summer watching DCI videos day in and day out. It's an unhealthy addiction. I'm particularly looking out for the Bluecoats, my favorite drumline.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSXsCyb1p78[/youtube]

So, any favorites or predictions for the season, assuming anybody here even knows DCI exists? I know there are a couple!
1 Frags +

cadets all the way
my high school drumline's instructor played snare on the Cadets in the early 90's, so i'm a little biased

cadets all the way
my high school drumline's instructor played snare on the Cadets in the early 90's, so i'm a little biased
1 Frags +

My instructor marched/ is the brass instructor for Phantom :3. The whiteee

My instructor marched/ is the brass instructor for Phantom :3. The whiteee
1 Frags +

0 Frags +

Just a heads up that the DCI movie event is happening in U.S. theaters TODAY at 18:30 central time. See if your local theater is showing it!

If I had to make a real prediction I would say that the Blue Devils are going to see themselves in the top 3 again. I have an instructor that marched Phantom Regiment, so Phantom has a special place in my heart, plus I love the classical music they play. However, Bluecoats are my home boys, so I'm hoping to see them do well this year. They're massively underscored every year.

Just a heads up that the DCI movie event is happening in U.S. theaters TODAY at 18:30 central time. See if your local theater is showing it!

If I had to make a real prediction I would say that the Blue Devils are going to see themselves in the top 3 again. I have an instructor that marched Phantom Regiment, so Phantom has a special place in my heart, plus I love the classical music they play. However, Bluecoats are my home boys, so I'm hoping to see them do well this year. They're massively underscored every year.
0 Frags +
anjirocoolcadets all the way

Cadets took first by almost a good three points, but Bluecoats and Phantom Regiment took the next two places with only a .05 point spread between each other, so it looks like it's going to be a pretty tight season all around. I have yet to see any other groups yet.

[quote=anjirocool]cadets all the way
my high school drumline's instructor played snare on the Cadets in the early 90's, so i'm a little biased[/quote]
Cadets took first by almost a good three points, but Bluecoats and Phantom Regiment took the next two places with only a .05 point spread between each other, so it looks like it's going to be a pretty tight season all around. I have yet to see any other groups yet.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.