Upvote Upvoted 19 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3 4 ⋅⋅ 8
Your most special/memorable TF2 moments?
10 Frags +

In my time playing TF2, I had some really "special" moments where the joy of winning is particularly memorable, I am sure almost everyone here has the same feeling in this game. I wanted to know some other people's most special/memorable TF2 moments. Might not even be about winning, might just be having a huge play or just sharing a fun moment with friends.

For me though, this week my team managed to win a Prem Playoff in a really close 3 map game against Last Man Standing in ETF2L, we got promoted to Premiership in season 16. It was special for me as this team has been together for over a year and we did it with a lot of the same people we've had over time. It is extra special because we had missed 3 or 4 great opportunities to get promoted in the past by losing / choking / playing poorly so to win in Golden Cap has gone down as my favourite moment playing this game to date, even though we're gonna likely get wrecked in Prem, but it was a great feeling.

Before that there was beating a Division 2 team when my team was in Division 5 and playing Highlander with uBs, so many great times achieved at every level of TF2.

What are yours?

In my time playing TF2, I had some really "special" moments where the joy of winning is particularly memorable, I am sure almost everyone here has the same feeling in this game. I wanted to know some other people's most special/memorable TF2 moments. Might not even be about winning, might just be having a huge play or just sharing a fun moment with friends.

For me though, this week my team managed to win a Prem Playoff in a really close 3 map game against Last Man Standing in ETF2L, we got promoted to Premiership in season 16. It was special for me as this team has been together for over a year and we did it with a lot of the same people we've had over time. It is extra special because we had missed 3 or 4 great opportunities to get promoted in the past by losing / choking / playing poorly so to win in Golden Cap has gone down as my favourite moment playing this game to date, even though we're gonna likely get wrecked in Prem, but it was a great feeling.

Before that there was beating a Division 2 team when my team was in Division 5 and playing Highlander with uBs, so many great times achieved at every level of TF2.

What are yours?
4 Frags +

On my first team in div 4 twl, I remember we were in overtime on yukon and one of our scouts, cizitensynpes or something like tht went sniper and got a 2k followed by a backcap to win the game

On my first team in div 4 twl, I remember we were in overtime on yukon and one of our scouts, cizitensynpes or something like tht went sniper and got a 2k followed by a backcap to win the game
49 Frags +

I'll come back to you as soon as I get out of open.

I'll come back to you as soon as I get out of open.
13 Frags +

I think it might've actually been on a pub.

I was defending upward last as engineer standing at the balcony above spawn. My sentry got destroyed and an overhealed heavy was just rolling through and couldn't be stopped. Then some soldier shot a rocket at me.
I crouchjumped, got propelled like 10m high into the air flying over the hole. In mid-air I pulled out my glowing frontier justice and demolished the heavy with it as I landed right in his face.
After that I fell into the hole but we defended.

Not sure if #1 tf2 moment but it must've looked like fucking vin diesel.

I think it might've actually been on a pub.

I was defending upward last as engineer standing at the balcony above spawn. My sentry got destroyed and an overhealed heavy was just rolling through and couldn't be stopped. Then some soldier shot a rocket at me.
I crouchjumped, got propelled like 10m high into the air flying over the hole. In mid-air I pulled out my glowing frontier justice and demolished the heavy with it as I landed right in his face.
After that I fell into the hole but we defended.

Not sure if #1 tf2 moment but it must've looked like fucking vin diesel.
17 Frags +

The entirety of playing on Indust we Trust was pretty memorable. I felt like I was amazing at this game because of how well we did during the regular season, and it was only my 3rd season in open. After we proceeded to get stomped and failed to finish first, It sort of hit me that I wasn't as good as I thought I was, and how much I had to learn about this game. Really good motivation for me to keep playing and keep getting better.

The entirety of playing on Indust we Trust was pretty memorable. I felt like I was amazing at this game because of how well we did during the regular season, and it was only my 3rd season in open. After we proceeded to get stomped and failed to finish first, It sort of hit me that I wasn't as good as I thought I was, and how much I had to learn about this game. Really good motivation for me to keep playing and keep getting better.
0 Frags +

The most funny moment was a friend was pocketing me in a pub and he walked through a door and straight into a sniper and dropped to a headshot. My most memorable moment (as of now) is when we came back from being down 0-2 and half to winning by our demo getting a 3 (maybe 4 k) on mid to turn the tide of the round.

The most funny moment was a friend was pocketing me in a pub and he walked through a door and straight into a sniper and dropped to a headshot. My most memorable moment (as of now) is when we came back from being down 0-2 and half to winning by our demo getting a 3 (maybe 4 k) on mid to turn the tide of the round.
10 Frags +

playing in shoot the medic with animalmother and his endless ways to call something being low

i miss you man

playing in shoot the medic with animalmother and his endless ways to call something being low

i miss you man
12 Frags +

playing heavy and completely locking down/air suspending rando in both of the matches against AG was pretty hilariously fun to me for some reason

playing heavy and completely locking down/air suspending rando in both of the matches against AG was pretty hilariously fun to me for some reason
8 Frags +

Dodging 2 bombing soldiers and juking out a scout and escaping with 100% uber with only 3 health left and then capping last to win the round :D. I tell you my heart was beating and idk how I manged to do it but I did.

Dodging 2 bombing soldiers and juking out a scout and escaping with 100% uber with only 3 health left and then capping last to win the round :D. I tell you my heart was beating and idk how I manged to do it but I did.
4 Frags +

One time i stunned an enemy over the house in badwater as a scout coming out of respawn. I accidentally hit that guy with my sandman in 1 try and even after trying it so many times i haven't managed to do it since.

Once in a 6v6 lobby on my favorite map (cp_fastlane) i was playing demo with shield and my friend on medic with kritskrieg. After like 10 minutes i had 4 dominations, 1 guy ragequit and 2 guys joined the enemy team. Now we played 4v7. While defending the last point i managed to land a 11 man kill streak by decapitating 7 people and killing 4 with pipes.

One time i stunned an enemy over the house in badwater as a scout coming out of respawn. I accidentally hit that guy with my sandman in 1 try and even after trying it so many times i haven't managed to do it since.

Once in a 6v6 lobby on my favorite map (cp_fastlane) i was playing demo with shield and my friend on medic with kritskrieg. After like 10 minutes i had 4 dominations, 1 guy ragequit and 2 guys joined the enemy team. Now we played 4v7. While defending the last point i managed to land a 11 man kill streak by decapitating 7 people and killing 4 with pipes.
-6 Frags +

i was in a twl turbine match which was being casted and the guys casting it kept talking about something cool that i did. first time in a match of any sort and i get some type of praise for something. felt pretty good man.

downpourplaying heavy and completely locking down/air suspending rando in both of the matches against AG was pretty hilariously fun to me for some reason

ya but when we ran heavy it wasn't cool was it???

i was in a twl turbine match which was being casted and the guys casting it kept talking about something cool that i did. first time in a match of any sort and i get some type of praise for something. felt pretty good man.

[quote=downpour]playing heavy and completely locking down/air suspending rando in both of the matches against AG was pretty hilariously fun to me for some reason[/quote]

ya but when we ran heavy it wasn't cool was it???
1 Frags +

My team all joined the same team in a pub once and had four pomson engies (back when it penetrated) and two kritzs meds.
Really fun times.

My team all joined the same team in a pub once and had four pomson engies (back when it penetrated) and two kritzs meds.
Really fun times.
1 Frags +

Just the old RAGE and early Y2FC arena server community in general. Made a lot of friends and it was probably last time I played TF2 without ever getting angry and just having fun.

Just the old RAGE and early Y2FC arena server community in general. Made a lot of friends and it was probably last time I played TF2 without ever getting angry and just having fun.
4 Frags +

I liked this year ETS even if we lost

I liked this year ETS even if we lost
11 Frags +

I got a 7k in a match on roamer. It was viaduct week. We had the point, I killed a scout early, and by the time I killed the 6th player the first scout came back into the fight and I killed him again.

I got a 7k in a match on roamer. It was viaduct week. We had the point, I killed a scout early, and by the time I killed the 6th player the first scout came back into the fight and I killed him again.
6 Frags +

in one of our first scrims as a team,(we were in steel) there was a game where we finally came together, and pushed well, flank was strong, nobody was doing stupid shit, and it was awesome. even though our team broke up, i still remember it

in one of our first scrims as a team,(we were in steel) there was a game where we finally came together, and pushed well, flank was strong, nobody was doing stupid shit, and it was awesome. even though our team broke up, i still remember it
14 Frags +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UXaM5yKR7Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UXaM5yKR7Y
18 Frags +
GeknaiirI'll come back to you as soon as I get out of open.

I'll come back to you as soon as i get into open.

[quote=Geknaiir]I'll come back to you as soon as I get out of open.[/quote]

I'll come back to you as soon as i get into open.
4 Frags +

When I managed to get on my first team in Open just barely making it before the deadline. Also winning 6 out of my first 7 games was awesome. Losing the next four was less so...

When I managed to get on my first team in Open just barely making it before the deadline. Also winning 6 out of my first 7 games was awesome. Losing the next four was less so...
7 Frags +

Playing competitive tf2 and being apart of the community.

Playing competitive tf2 and being apart of the community.
12 Frags +

6v6 viewer lobby during the Tip of the Hats charity stream. Also hearing Panzer yell most of his comms.

6v6 viewer lobby during the Tip of the Hats charity stream. Also hearing Panzer yell most of his comms.
32 Frags +

When I got a 15 kill streak against emg s9 on viaduct

When I got a 15 kill streak against emg s9 on viaduct
5 Frags +

Giving a friend a Lange signed Strange RL while on a skype call with him.

Giving a friend a Lange signed Strange RL while on a skype call with him.
6 Frags +

walking onto gray in the open grand finals and being mowed down by the surprise heavy on flank

walking onto gray in the open grand finals and being mowed down by the surprise heavy on flank
8 Frags +

These aren't in-game moments but whenever I've had my movies played on larger streams (extv and tip of the hats) it's pretty cool to watch all the comments coming out of the chat window. As far as in-game moments the only one I can distinctly remember was actually in a pub arena game when I was still fairly new to tf2 (so I think back in 2008/2009). It was 16vs16 and I managed to get all 16 kills against the enemy team as a scout. That may have also been the moment I decided competitive tf2 might be a good option aha.

These aren't in-game moments but whenever I've had my movies played on larger streams (extv and tip of the hats) it's pretty cool to watch all the comments coming out of the chat window. As far as in-game moments the only one I can distinctly remember was actually in a pub arena game when I was still fairly new to tf2 (so I think back in 2008/2009). It was 16vs16 and I managed to get all 16 kills against the enemy team as a scout. That may have also been the moment I decided competitive tf2 might be a good option aha.
3 Frags +

My very first PUG with my old pub "clan", somehow getting picked for the PUG.NA draft cup and winning posters for that, and winning my first IM match (though I mostly got carried).

My very first PUG with my old pub "clan", somehow getting picked for the PUG.NA draft cup and winning posters for that, and winning my first IM match (though I mostly got carried).
0 Frags +

I beat tictac in regular's once.

Also probably playing ammomod spire with ww

I beat tictac in regular's once.

Also probably playing ammomod spire with ww
5 Frags +

playing a great game against experiment and beating them S10

http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=stats&d=match&id=2479561

playing a great game against experiment and beating them S10

http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=stats&d=match&id=2479561
8 Frags +
dabesWhen I got a 15 kill streak against emg s9 on viaduct

you're not welsh(((

[quote=dabes]When I got a 15 kill streak against emg s9 on viaduct[/quote]
you're not welsh(((
16 Frags +

My favorite Tf2 moment came back before I even got into ESEA, 4-5 seasons ago, when we were still playing in UGC platinum.

It was our first playoff match, it was tied 4-4, it was over time. We had got put on our last, battled back, and were now ready to push the enemy's last. We failed the push, and they were capping second - a "here we go again" feeling swept over the mumble. But then Iarerobot, very calmly said "I'm spy on their last, I've got it." (He had died during hte push extremely early and had thus already spawned). At which point you see a spy kill icon, and last go down just milliseconds from second being capped. I've never heard so much joy explode in a mumble since lol.

My favorite Tf2 moment came back before I even got into ESEA, 4-5 seasons ago, when we were still playing in UGC platinum.

It was our first playoff match, it was tied 4-4, it was over time. We had got put on our last, battled back, and were now ready to push the enemy's last. We failed the push, and they were capping second - a "here we go again" feeling swept over the mumble. But then Iarerobot, very calmly said "I'm spy on their last, I've got it." (He had died during hte push extremely early and had thus already spawned). At which point you see a spy kill icon, and last go down just milliseconds from second being capped. I've never heard so much joy explode in a mumble since lol.
1 2 3 4 ⋅⋅ 8
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.