Upvote Upvoted 8 Downvote Downvoted
To Snipers on Unusuals
-3 Frags +

Do certain unusual effects or hats worn by enemy players affect your aim at all? Which ones hinder and which assist? Which ones block hitboxes and obscure heads and which ones help you pick out targets easier?

Assist:
Unusuals with clouds above them (raincloud, knife rain, etc.)

Hinder:
Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head
Towering Pillar of Hats
Gibus Variations
Monoculus
shitty servers so Pyro heads disappear

oh hey this is back. hello friends

Do certain unusual effects or hats worn by enemy players affect your aim at all? Which ones hinder and which assist? Which ones block hitboxes and obscure heads and which ones help you pick out targets easier?

Assist:
Unusuals with clouds above them (raincloud, knife rain, etc.)

Hinder:
Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head
Towering Pillar of Hats
Gibus Variations
Monoculus
shitty servers so Pyro heads disappear

oh hey this is back. hello friends
-39 Frags +

I don't think particle effects will help boost your accuracy.

I don't think particle effects will help boost your accuracy.
-44 Frags +

Oh yea my aim got much better with a hat

Oh yea my aim got much better with a hat
58 Frags +

I think he is talking about other people wearing them, otherwise it would be stupid

I think he is talking about other people wearing them, otherwise it would be stupid
20 Frags +

He's asking which effects obscure/distract from the head hitbox most.

He's asking which effects obscure/distract from the head hitbox most.
15 Frags +

39 Frags +

pumpkin head hat

pumpkin head hat
eXtelevision
18 Frags +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr1rM6UvBys

Bold sniper for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr1rM6UvBys

Bold sniper for me.
8 Frags +

Jake used to complain on mumble all the time about people wearing the gibus or the pile of hats (except the modest pile).

Fairly certain he got over it but he complained about it for the longest time and would say that a sure fire way to not get headshot was wearing those.

Personally I just have trouble hitting the pumpkin head, everything else isn't particularly easier or harder

Jake used to complain on mumble all the time about people wearing the gibus or the pile of hats (except the modest pile).

Fairly certain he got over it but he complained about it for the longest time and would say that a sure fire way to not get headshot was wearing those.

Personally I just have trouble hitting the pumpkin head, everything else isn't particularly easier or harder
5 Frags +

All sniper unusuals are a big "shoot me first" sign.

All sniper unusuals are a big "shoot me first" sign.
6 Frags +

i never understood why people say a hat would change anything like im not suddenly going to aim above the head because of a hat they were wearing

i never understood why people say a hat would change anything like im not suddenly going to aim above the head because of a hat they were wearing
7 Frags +

the pumpkin and monoculus hat are the worst to try and headshot. i also have trouble hitting the apparitions aspect for pyro especially with an energy or plasma effect.

the pumpkin and monoculus hat are the worst to try and headshot. i also have trouble hitting the apparitions aspect for pyro especially with an energy or plasma effect.
6 Frags +

i have a hard time seeing smoking effect on darker maps, especially when playing against snipers who only like to peak from the very top of the hill or painted their entire hat black as well

i always shoot too early because the smoke particle effect appears before their head does lmfao

that's why i ended up getting a hat that does the same thing, and it works a lot better when not playing with any of my other hats

also some of those other hats could work as mindgames if you're working with your teammates because the other players get distracted by staring at you since they can see you behind the fence, and you can send other people to pick them off while they're focused on your position lol

it works in pubs anyways ?_?

i have a hard time seeing smoking effect on darker maps, especially when playing against snipers who only like to peak from the very top of the hill or painted their entire hat black as well

i always shoot too early because the smoke particle effect appears before their head does lmfao

that's why i ended up getting a hat that does the same thing, and it works a lot better when not playing with any of my other hats

also some of those other hats could work as mindgames if you're working with your teammates because the other players get distracted by staring at you since they can see you behind the fence, and you can send other people to pick them off while they're focused on your position lol

it works in pubs anyways ?_?
12 Frags +

i just shoot their head regardless

i just shoot their head regardless
0 Frags +

Anything except smoking, fetti, flies (and planets to a smaller extent) is a fuck off "shoot me" sign.

As for hats that are hard to headshot. Pumpkin and Eyeball. The rest don't affect me personally.

Anything except smoking, fetti, flies (and planets to a smaller extent) is a fuck off "shoot me" sign.

As for hats that are hard to headshot. Pumpkin and Eyeball. The rest don't affect me personally.
4 Frags +
downpourpumpkin head hat

Fuck that so hard.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/thumb/c/cf/Horseless_Headless_Horsemann's_Head.png/250px-Horseless_Headless_Horsemann's_Head.png?t=20111125151118

The fuck am I supposed to shoot?

[quote=downpour]pumpkin head hat[/quote]

Fuck that so hard. [img]http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/thumb/c/cf/Horseless_Headless_Horsemann's_Head.png/250px-Horseless_Headless_Horsemann's_Head.png?t=20111125151118[/img] The fuck am I supposed to shoot?
0 Frags +

I've head players say orbiting effects, like peace and tf logo for example can distract well enough to set off the aim. Just from what i hear though, i cant hit heads regardless :D

I've head players say orbiting effects, like peace and tf logo for example can distract well enough to set off the aim. Just from what i hear though, i cant hit heads regardless :D
7 Frags +

i use the no hat mod, and it also blocks most unusual effects. I found it helps FPS a bit too.

i use the no hat mod, and it also blocks most unusual effects. I found it helps FPS a bit too.
1 Frags +

I don't think any unusual you are wearing will help. I view an unusual on a sniper more of a "Here I am, shoot me" lol

I don't think any unusual you are wearing will help. I view an unusual on a sniper more of a "Here I am, shoot me" lol
2 Frags +

1 Frags +
nobelharvardsApologies about necroing a thread, but I am interested to find out what aspects/elements/properties of a hat make it hard to headshot?

Is it height? Is it width?

It is harder to headshot someone when their head hitbox is not obvious when you see them with the hat on. That's the issue for the pumpkin head and the monoculus eye.

Some people also just instinctively aim for the highest thing. This makes the towering pillar annoying for some.

[quote=nobelharvards]Apologies about necroing a thread, but I am interested to find out what aspects/elements/properties of a hat make it hard to headshot?

Is it height? Is it width?[/quote]
It is harder to headshot someone when their head hitbox is not obvious when you see them with the hat on. That's the issue for the pumpkin head and the monoculus eye.

Some people also just instinctively aim for the highest thing. This makes the towering pillar annoying for some.
5 Frags +
nobelharvardsApologies about necroing a thread, but I am interested to find out what aspects/elements/properties of a hat make it hard to headshot?

Is it height? Is it width?

I'd imagine it'd be misleading hitboxes for the most part.

[quote=nobelharvards]Apologies about necroing a thread, but I am interested to find out what aspects/elements/properties of a hat make it hard to headshot?

Is it height? Is it width?[/quote]
I'd imagine it'd be misleading hitboxes for the most part.
3 Frags +

Supposedly people find it hard to headshot the large hats because they give out more of a "My head is somewhere inside this giant sphere lol." feeling towards everyone looking at it.

Most players can probably still guess where the head should be but on a moving target this could be a pain in the dick to hit.

Supposedly people find it hard to headshot the large hats because they give out more of a "My head is somewhere inside this giant sphere lol." feeling towards everyone looking at it.

Most players can probably still guess where the head should be but on a moving target this could be a pain in the dick to hit.
7 Frags +

the bug where pyro's heads disappeared was surprisingly annoying as sniper, who would have thought

the bug where pyro's heads disappeared was surprisingly annoying as sniper, who would have thought
2 Frags +
downpourthe bug where pyro's heads disappeared was surprisingly annoying as sniper, who would have thought

invisible players bug still is annoying as any class :(

[quote=downpour]the bug where pyro's heads disappeared was surprisingly annoying as sniper, who would have thought[/quote]
invisible players bug still is annoying as any class :(
0 Frags +

the Apparition's Aspect with the Bubble pipe for pyro was something my friend used, and it was pretty funny to hear reactions on it. Only applies to the one class though so not a big deal.

the [url=https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Apparition%27s_Aspect]Apparition's Aspect[/url] with the [url=https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Bubble_Pipe]Bubble pipe[/url] for pyro was something my friend used, and it was pretty funny to hear reactions on it. Only applies to the one class though so not a big deal.
0 Frags +

The bee net + apparition's aspect is pretty nice

The bee net + apparition's aspect is pretty nice
0 Frags +

Any hat that isn't something like a baseball cap or something similar to the Team Captain often tricks me into believing I can shoot it and get a hit.

Any hat that isn't something like a baseball cap or something similar to the Team Captain often tricks me into believing I can shoot it and get a hit.
0 Frags +

I also use the no hat mod and have got comments when I use to have my smoking unusual that I was hard to see on some maps.

I also use the no hat mod and have got comments when I use to have my smoking unusual that I was hard to see on some maps.
0 Frags +

Being a public lighting isnt an issue if you can straff

Being a public lighting isnt an issue if you can straff
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.