Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3 4 ⋅⋅ 9
TeamFortress.TV ZOWIE Invitational
posted in News
BLoodSire
December 2, 2013

Never draw conclusions when you can yet draw blood. As the Invite season comes to a close, you may be taking a step back, scratching your head in disillusion as you add up all the numbers and proclaim the winners and losers. Yes, the season is ending, and with its final whimpering cry goes the last chance to see any high-tier 6v6 action. Doesn't it seem hard to believe? Where is that final LAN implicating grudge-match? Where is the fight for first? The team standings have gone down in the books without so much as a thrown match or a "You're not sorry." Instead, these last days linger, falling away listless and empty, as your malnourished hearts plead, "More. More. More."

More is what you need. More is what you crave. The very best TF2 teams, clashing in meaningful hard-fought, push-n-pull matches is what you deserve. So more of it is what you'll get.

TeamFortressTV, alongside sponsor ZOWIE, is proud to announce the first ever TFTV 8-team Invitational Tournament to take place this Sunday, December 8th at 12:00 PST / 3:00 PM EST. This will be a one day, double-elimination event with a best of three finals, wherein the upper-bracket winners determine the 1st and 3rd map. For your viewing pleasure, eight of North America's very best teams will clash heads on TragicServers for community dominance and your invaluable admiration with the added bonus of 6 ZOWIE FK mice for 1st place, and a consolation prize of 6 ZOWIE GT-F Rough mousepads for second. You are invited to join casters DJC and bLoodSire, alongside cameraman mthsad, as they try and wash that bad Season 15 taste from everyone's mouths.

Yes, yes, dubiously handsome man, we got all that, but tell us . . . who are the teams?

Tournament Invites:

• iT - b4nny, xalox, rr, indust, lansky, shrugger
  • Classic Mixup - enigma, A Seagull, TLR, Harbleu, Platinum, Squid
  • Lost in Translation - clockwork, dummy, Ma3la, alfa, Tagg, YouMustMike
  • WELOVEANIME - Jav, Phrakture, Mangachu, WirelessFox, SS, Stratovarius
  • Show Me the Monet - Ggglygy, ranga, milehighmilitia, ninjanick, grape, SteveC
  • 6cuties - Br0nze, Pharaoh, Ricky, Sakura, Tone-Pot, snailboat
  • Where is SureShot - chaaz, ctrlmuffin, shootist, Eldritch, Paddie, SureShot
  • Rent-a-Homies - fuzion, serv0, John_Milter, goku, Caspian, shrt

Brackets:

That's seven Invite teams, four LAN teams (with improvements), and the first place Main team, battling it out on TragicServers in a marathon-showdown this Sunday for bragging rights, kick-ass ZOWIE gear, and TF2 glory. Too good to be true? I know what you are thinking. "Will I need Pay-Per-View? Is there a fee? Do I need my mom's credit card?" No. You need only a mouse and your butt. Click http://www.twitch.tv/teamfortresstv with your mouse, and get ready to hold on to your butts.

(whatever, so you'll need hands too ...)

62 Frags +

holy shit

holy shit
36 Frags +

tf2 is esports

tf2 is esports
23 Frags +

Am I dreaming

Am I dreaming
60 Frags +
Lost in Translation - clockwork, dummy, Ma3la, alfa, milo, blaze

dat roster.

[quote]Lost in Translation - clockwork, dummy, Ma3la, alfa, milo, blaze[/quote]
dat roster.
25 Frags +

gotta say this was the last thing I was expecting.
then again they sponsored a quake tourney too so

gotta say this was the last thing I was expecting.
then again they sponsored a quake tourney too so
6 Frags +

Thank god I picked EU first for the bball cup, or else the date would clash terribly, also hope we can finish our event before this starts.

And this is really great news!

Thank god I picked EU first for the bball cup, or else the date would clash terribly, also hope we can finish our event before this starts.

And this is really great news!
19 Frags +

lost in translation is more Watch This then not. heh.

lost in translation is more Watch This then not. heh.
6 Frags +

oh my fucking god yes

oh my fucking god yes
7 Frags +

I'm excited to watch :^)

I'm excited to watch :^)
5 Frags +

So pumped.

So pumped.
6 Frags +

praise the lawd we have arrived

praise the lawd we [i]have arrived[/i]
3 Frags +

oh shit

it begins

oh shit

it begins
24 Frags +
SteveC

thank you based god

[quote]SteveC[/quote]

thank you based god
3 Frags +

Dayuum. I'm hype.

Dayuum. I'm hype.
3 Frags +

Mix^'s revenge before LAN?
Can't wait for the tounrey! will watch as much as possible, hope to see VODs for us Euros

Mix^'s revenge before LAN?
Can't wait for the tounrey! will watch as much as possible, hope to see VODs for us Euros
31 Frags +

Need a new mouse, guess im gettin a zowie. Thanks for supporting our community zowie.

Need a new mouse, guess im gettin a zowie. Thanks for supporting our community zowie.
29 Frags +

zowie fk is the best mouse

zowie fk is the best mouse
17 Frags +
PrototypesNeed a new mouse, guess im gettin a zowie. Thanks for supporting our community zowie.

exactly where I stand

[quote=Prototypes]Need a new mouse, guess im gettin a zowie. Thanks for supporting our community zowie.[/quote]
exactly where I stand
11 Frags +

we esports now

we esports now
8 Frags +

what the fuck

this is actually amazing

what the fuck

this is actually amazing
3 Frags +

excited!

excited!
1 Frags +

YEE BABY LET'S DO THIS

YEE BABY LET'S DO THIS
26 Frags +

wow root+6 not invited, fucking heretical

wow root+6 not invited, fucking heretical
11 Frags +

just got a zowie fk yesterday, great mouse, thanks for doing this. cant wait to see!

just got a zowie fk yesterday, great mouse, thanks for doing this. cant wait to see!
12 Frags +

tf2 is ded

http://www.chatslang.com/images/shortcuts/twitch/admins/kappa.png

tf2 is ded [img]http://www.chatslang.com/images/shortcuts/twitch/admins/kappa.png[/img]
11 Frags +

Zowie is the fucking greatest.

Zowie is the fucking greatest.
44 Frags +

why did the top im team get an invite but not top main?

Nonetheless I am really excited for this.

why did the top im team get an invite but not top main?

Nonetheless I am really excited for this.
27 Frags +

with improvements? it says harbleu is still on the mix^ roster..

with improvements? it says harbleu is still on the mix^ roster..
4 Frags +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBduNcf1eQc

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBduNcf1eQc[/youtube]
2 Frags +

YES

YES
1 2 3 4 ⋅⋅ 9
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.