Its not blocky anymore it really reduce its fps before my fps is 70-100
now its 40-50 i cant even play because of this. Valve should fix this

Anyone Can help me to send this to valve
because i post a discussion in steamcommunity 2 days ago no one replied
7 Frags +

guys?

guys?
2 Frags +

Hmmm, I'd like to know aswell. If anyone does know.

Hmmm, I'd like to know aswell. If anyone does know.
7 Frags +

In my autoexec I have mat_filtertextures 0 and mat_filterlightmaps 0.
I also have four keys bound to mat_filtertextures 1, mat_filterlightmaps 1, mat_filtertextures 0, and mat_filterlightmaps 0.
Whenever a map reloads I just press the keys bound to mat_filtertextures/lightmaps 1 then the keys bound to mat_filtertextures/lightmaps 0 and the blocks appear.

In my autoexec I have mat_filtertextures 0 and mat_filterlightmaps 0.
I also have four keys bound to mat_filtertextures 1, mat_filterlightmaps 1, mat_filtertextures 0, and mat_filterlightmaps 0.
Whenever a map reloads I just press the keys bound to mat_filtertextures/lightmaps 1 then the keys bound to mat_filtertextures/lightmaps 0 and the blocks appear.
5 Frags +

https://chrisdown.name/tf2/

I stopped playing competitive TF2 in early 2012 to focus on other things, and slowly over time I became less and less in touch with the TF2 community, and the technical details of TF2’s implementation of Source. Valve frequently releases updates which change the way that game internals work, and being so out of touch with what was going on affected the quality of these configs.

Valve likely changed something in the game engine that affected Chris's configs, and he's not updating them anyone.

You could email the TF2 team, but I don't think they can help because they don't have anything to do with performance configs - They never intended TF2 to look like that. If it's not a setting you can adjust from the game menu, I don't think they feel the need to look after it.

As far as I can tell, Chris did all the config work himself, so fixing it would require someone else to find out what changed in the latest version of the game engine (Source 2013 Multiplayer), and then determine if it's now even possible to replicate the effect Chris acheived with his config.

delpo might be that guy :)

https://chrisdown.name/tf2/

[quote]I stopped playing competitive TF2 in early 2012 to focus on other things, and slowly over time I became less and less in touch with the TF2 community, and the technical details of TF2’s implementation of Source. Valve frequently releases updates which change the way that game internals work, and being so out of touch with what was going on affected the quality of these configs.[/quote]

Valve likely changed something in the game engine that affected Chris's configs, and he's not updating them anyone.

You could email the TF2 team, but I don't think they can help because they don't have anything to do with performance configs - They never intended TF2 to look like that. If it's not a setting you can adjust from the game menu, I don't think they feel the need to look after it.

As far as I can tell, Chris did all the config work himself, so fixing it would require someone else to find out what changed in the latest version of the game engine (Source 2013 Multiplayer), and then determine if it's now even possible to replicate the effect Chris acheived with his config.

delpo might be that guy :)
-11 Frags +

Use m0res

Use m0res
2 Frags +

Filter light maps dont work straight from autoexec anymore
I emailed valve about this 5 months ago but no reply

Filter light maps dont work straight from autoexec anymore
I emailed valve about this 5 months ago but no reply
5 Frags +

-7 Frags +

delpoIn my autoexec I have mat_filtertextures 0 and mat_filterlightmaps 0.

would you mind posting your configs please? i'd like to have this. <3

[size=12][/size][quote=delpo]In my autoexec I have mat_filtertextures 0 and mat_filterlightmaps 0.
Whenever a map reloads I just press the keys bound to mat_filtertextures/lightmaps 1 then the keys bound to mat_filtertextures/lightmaps 0 and the blocks appear.[/quote]
3 Frags +
Saltysally1delpoIn my autoexec I have mat_filtertextures 0 and mat_filterlightmaps 0.

bind o "toggle mat_filtertextures; toggle mat_filterlightmaps"

[quote=Saltysally1][size=12][/size][quote=delpo]In my autoexec I have mat_filtertextures 0 and mat_filterlightmaps 0.
Whenever a map reloads I just press the keys bound to mat_filtertextures/lightmaps 1 then the keys bound to mat_filtertextures/lightmaps 0 and the blocks appear.[/quote]
would you mind posting your configs please? i'd like to have this. <3[/quote]
bind o "toggle mat_filtertextures; toggle mat_filterlightmaps"
7 Frags +

tnx guys

tnx guys
0 Frags +

Does putting the commands in my autoexec beneath maxframes work?

Does putting the commands in my autoexec beneath maxframes work?
-12 Frags +

Plss guys give me link of maxframes
NEED IT FAST

Plss guys give me link of maxframes
NEED IT FAST
10 Frags +

It's on Chris page, if you have enough time to post on a thread, why wouldn't you have enough time to find his page ? Literally.. googling Chris TF2 Configs gets you it straight away

It's on Chris page, if you have enough time to post on a thread, why wouldn't you have enough time to find his page ? Literally.. googling Chris TF2 Configs gets you it straight away
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.