Upvote Upvoted 21 Downvote Downvoted
1 2
New Quake Instagib Server
19 Frags +

Hey everyone, we over at eGO just put up a new server for the public to enjoy. Were running a 24/7 Instagib server which is very similar to the Quake Live Instagib mode. You are restricted to scouts only with a sniper rifle and are unable to scope. Everything is one hit kills, and bhopping is also enabled.

Come check out the new server, hope you guys enjoy it and if you have any feedback feel free to post it!

Server IP: 174.36.38.41:27015

Thanks

Hey everyone, we over at eGO just put up a new server for the public to enjoy. Were running a 24/7 Instagib server which is very similar to the Quake Live Instagib mode. You are restricted to scouts only with a sniper rifle and are unable to scope. Everything is one hit kills, and bhopping is also enabled.

Come check out the new server, hope you guys enjoy it and if you have any feedback feel free to post it!

Server IP: 174.36.38.41:27015

Thanks
1 Frags +

where is the server located? excited to try this out tomorrow

where is the server located? excited to try this out tomorrow
2 Frags +

I believe it is located in chicago.

some commands by the way for everyone if you try it out,

!fov 50-170 can be used
holding spacebar uses the bhopping.
and you can rocket jump with your explosion without taking dmg.

I believe it is located in chicago.

!fov 50-170 can be used
8 Frags +

This is ridiculously fun.

This is ridiculously fun.
6 Frags +

Just played for like 45 minutes, this is amazingly fun. I'd definitely change up some of the maps though, koth_nucleus was kinda boring.

Just played for like 45 minutes, this is amazingly fun. I'd definitely change up some of the maps though, koth_nucleus was kinda boring.
1 Frags +

you may notice delay in shots and scoping in/out, at least compared to quake.

you may notice delay in shots and scoping in/out, at least compared to quake.
9 Frags +

Hey there guys,
I'm the one who set this server up and will be configuring things for it for the foreseeable future, any and all suggestions will be looked at and discussed amongst eGO leadership.

Some suggestions we've already received and will be implementing

• Quake Sounds
  • Quake Maps (If anyone has any specific maps they want on the server, feel free to post links in this thread I'll be regularly checking for any more suggestions)
SeniorsodaJust played for like 45 minutes, this is amazingly fun. I'd definitely change up some of the maps though, koth_nucleus was kinda boring.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it :3

Koth_Nucleus has been removed from the rotation (As has every map with a potential "pitfall") this is due to a bug causing you not to die when you fall into any pits that would cause instant death.

vileyou may notice delay in shots and scoping in/out, at least compared to quake.

Your "scoping" in this mode isn't actually scoping (Then again, neither is quakes) all this is doing is changing your fov. Yes there is bound to be some minor delay, this is due to server latency and the fact that the fov change cannot be made "smooth" like quakes, it's a sudden change.

Sincerely,
Your friendly neighbourhood server monkey

Hey there guys,
I'm the one who set this server up and will be configuring things for it for the foreseeable future, any and all suggestions will be looked at and discussed amongst eGO leadership.

Some suggestions we've already received and will be implementing
[list]
[*]Quake Sounds
[*]Quake Maps (If anyone has any specific maps they want on the server, feel free to post links in this thread I'll be regularly checking for any more suggestions)
[/list]

[quote=Seniorsoda]Just played for like 45 minutes, this is amazingly fun. I'd definitely change up some of the maps though, koth_nucleus was kinda boring.[/quote]
Glad to hear you're enjoying it :3

Koth_Nucleus has been removed from the rotation (As has every map with a potential "pitfall") this is due to a bug causing you not to die when you fall into any pits that would cause instant death.

[quote=vile]you may notice delay in shots and scoping in/out, at least compared to quake.[/quote]
Your "scoping" in this mode isn't actually scoping (Then again, neither is quakes) all this is doing is changing your fov. Yes there is bound to be some minor delay, this is due to server latency and the fact that the fov change cannot be made "smooth" like quakes, it's a sudden change.

Sincerely,
Your friendly neighbourhood server monkey
2 Frags +
WilsonI believe it is located in chicago.

!fov 50-170 can be used

To correct this,
Our servers are all (all of our tf2 servers at least) located in Dallas, Texas.

The !fov command takes 2 parameters, the first being your desired fov and the second being your "zoomed" fov, I recommend setting your zoomed fov to a lower value than your desired fov (personally I use !fov 120 90) so you actually get the zoomed effect.

[quote=Wilson]I believe it is located in chicago.

!fov 50-170 can be used
and you can rocket jump with your explosion without taking dmg.[/quote]

To correct this,
Our servers are all (all of our tf2 servers at least) located in Dallas, Texas.

The !fov command takes 2 parameters, the first being your desired fov and the second being your "zoomed" fov, I recommend setting your zoomed fov to a lower value than your desired fov (personally I use !fov 120 90) so you actually get the zoomed effect.
16 Frags +

Forget 6v6, I'm playing this for the rest of my TF2 career.

Forget 6v6, I'm playing this for the rest of my TF2 career.
3 Frags +

The movement is so much fun. If you use your second jump while you're already going fast you go FLYING

The movement is so much fun. If you use your second jump while you're already going fast you go FLYING
0 Frags +

Really fun.

can u post this plugin? (updated and working) pls

Really fun.

1 Frags +

Needs this map: http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/76916
Also bhopping wasn't working when I tried it just now, but I'm extremely glad somebody decided to host one of these servers again.

Needs this map: http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/76916
Also bhopping wasn't working when I tried it just now, but I'm extremely glad somebody decided to host one of these servers again.
4 Frags +
AloSecForget 6v6, I'm playing this for the rest of my TF2 career.

Ohdeargod, now that would be something..

TerraThe movement is so much fun. If you use your second jump while you're already going fast you go FLYING

Glad to hear you're enjoying it :)

industNeeds this map: http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/76916

Will definitely look into playtesting and adding this map sometime tomorrow (My time, GMT+10), I just tested and the bhopping appears to be working. (Albeit a little bit delayed due to my connection).

marc0Really fun.

Of course I can, the plugin(s) we're using can be found here.

[quote=AloSec]Forget 6v6, I'm playing this for the rest of my TF2 career.[/quote]
Ohdeargod, now that would be something..

[quote=Terra]The movement is so much fun. If you use your second jump while you're already going fast you go FLYING[/quote]

Glad to hear you're enjoying it :)

[quote=indust]Needs this map: http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/76916
Also bhopping wasn't working when I tried it just now, but I'm extremely glad somebody decided to host one of these servers again.[/quote]

Will definitely look into playtesting and adding this map sometime tomorrow (My time, GMT+10), I just tested and the bhopping appears to be working. (Albeit a little bit delayed due to my connection).

[quote=marc0]Really fun.

can u post this plugin? (updated and working) pls[/quote]

Of course I can, the plugin(s) we're using can be found [url=https://github.com/thraaawn/tInstagib]here[/url].
3 Frags +

Sounds awesome!! Someone with EU server pls host this <3

Sounds awesome!! Someone with EU server pls host this <3
5 Frags +

would prefer dm spawns or something similar spawning in reg room is kinda eh

would prefer dm spawns or something similar spawning in reg room is kinda eh
2 Frags +

someone please make this a thing for EU people.

someone please make this a thing for EU people.
1 Frags +

This is the best thing ever.

This is the best thing ever.
0 Frags +
industNeeds this map: http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/76916

the crouchjump script or whatever it is stops it, maybe thats what it is

Overall fun server, this is already on my favorites and i will be sure to play it often ^~^

[quote=indust]Needs this map: http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/76916
Also bhopping wasn't working when I tried it just now, but I'm extremely glad somebody decided to host one of these servers again.[/quote]
the crouchjump script or whatever it is stops it, maybe thats what it is

Overall fun server, this is already on my favorites and i will be sure to play it often ^~^
1 Frags +

It was really fun when it's populated.

Also is there a way to make the fov plugin reset less often. I keep forgetting to change my fov after each map change :P

It was really fun when it's populated.

Also is there a way to make the fov plugin reset less often. I keep forgetting to change my fov after each map change :P
2 Frags +

just played it. loved

just played it. loved
2 Frags +

Its amazing until i fuck up and double jump by accident

Its amazing until i fuck up and double jump by accident
0 Frags +

hella fun

also, the bunnyhop issue is caused by the crouchjump script, as stated earlier

hella fun

also, the bunnyhop issue is caused by the crouchjump script, as stated earlier
1 Frags +
Loronixwould prefer dm spawns or something similar spawning in reg room is kinda eh

Will look into adding DM spawns to the server :)

FafoThis is the best thing ever.hiijust played it. loved

Glad everyone's enjoying it :D

GeknaiirIt was really fun when it's populated.

Invite your friends!
I'll look into adding the ability for the plugin to save your FOV and set it on connect.

Notes for today:
Quake sounds will be added when the server empties out (have to reboot)
The Quake map linked earlier in this thread will be added at the same time
Some testing will be done later today in regards to implementing DM spawns
Maps with a pitfall in them will be added back to the rotation if my tests result in them working again.

[quote=Loronix]would prefer dm spawns or something similar spawning in reg room is kinda eh[/quote]
Will look into adding DM spawns to the server :)

[quote=Fafo]This is the best thing ever.[/quote]
[quote=hii]just played it. loved[/quote]

Glad everyone's enjoying it :D

[quote=Geknaiir]It was really fun when it's populated.

Also is there a way to make the fov plugin reset less often. I keep forgetting to change my fov after each map change :P[/quote]

Invite your friends!
I'll look into adding the ability for the plugin to save your FOV and set it on connect.

Notes for today:
Quake sounds will be added when the server empties out (have to reboot)
The Quake map linked earlier in this thread will be added at the same time
Some testing will be done later today in regards to implementing DM spawns
Maps with a pitfall in them will be added back to the rotation if my tests result in them working again.
-2 Frags +

Double jumping mid-air can be kinda OP I felt like. Other than that it was awesome 8)

Double jumping mid-air can be kinda OP I felt like. Other than that it was awesome 8)
0 Frags +

I felt like the hulk rail jumping from our side of koth_king into the enemy spawn while going approximately 8 million miles an hour. I approve of this mod.

I felt like the hulk rail jumping from our side of koth_king into the enemy spawn while going approximately 8 million miles an hour. I approve of this mod.
0 Frags +

It's fun, but laggy for me. I usually have decent ping to Chicago servers, but with this one I get 100+
Still fun though!

It's fun, but laggy for me. I usually have decent ping to Chicago servers, but with this one I get 100+
Still fun though!
0 Frags +

http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/83654

http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/83654
0 Frags +

Is there are server running this mod/plugins/whatever in Australia?

Is there are server running this mod/plugins/whatever in Australia?
0 Frags +
toothI felt like the hulk rail jumping from our side of koth_king into the enemy spawn while going approximately 8 million miles an hour. I approve of this mod.

:D

trollmanjoeIt's fun, but laggy for me. I usually have decent ping to Chicago servers, but with this one I get 100+
Still fun though!

Server is in Dallas.

Cryptohttp://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/83654

Will playtest this tomorrow

AoshimaIs there are server running this mod/plugins/whatever in Australia?

None that I know of, I'm Australian myself but I don't mind playing on the NA servers

Notes for today:
This map has been added to the server.
Quake sounds have been added.
DM spawns will be worked on tomorrow as will fixing pitfalls.

[quote=tooth]I felt like the hulk rail jumping from our side of koth_king into the enemy spawn while going approximately 8 million miles an hour. I approve of this mod.[/quote]
:D

[quote=trollmanjoe]It's fun, but laggy for me. I usually have decent ping to Chicago servers, but with this one I get 100+
Still fun though![/quote]
Server is in Dallas.

[quote=Crypto]http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/83654[/quote]
Will playtest this tomorrow

[quote=Aoshima]Is there are server running this mod/plugins/whatever in Australia?[/quote]
None that I know of, I'm Australian myself but I don't mind playing on the NA servers

Notes for today:
[url=http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/76916]This[/url] map has been added to the server.
Quake sounds have been added.
DM spawns will be worked on tomorrow as will fixing pitfalls.
1 Frags +

Played on it a little bit and was very fun :)

Played on it a little bit and was very fun :)
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.