Upvote Upvoted 22 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3 4 ⋅⋅ 6
milk
posted in Off Topic
14 Frags +

i love milk

personally, i buy 1% milk because i feel pretty good about myself after a cup because i know im being healthy. 2% doesnt feel healthy enough and with whole milk i just feel fat. skim is ok but a little too much like water.

1% is the perfect blend of watery/milky/healthy.

what do you think tftv

i love milk

personally, i buy 1% milk because i feel pretty good about myself after a cup because i know im being healthy. 2% doesnt feel healthy enough and with whole milk i just feel fat. skim is ok but a little too much like water.

1% is the perfect blend of watery/milky/healthy.

what do you think tftv
12 Frags +

Since i am not watching my weight at least yet, i prefer whole/2% I feel that 1% doesn't have enough calories from fat or w/e

skim is expensive water

Since i am not watching my weight at least yet, i prefer whole/2% I feel that 1% doesn't have enough calories from fat or w/e

skim is expensive water
14 Frags +

I drink either 2% or whole. They're both good

I drink either 2% or whole. They're both good
cp_granary_pro
4 Frags +

it's actually good to drink 1%/2% rather than skimmed because your body requires fat in order to take in and store vitamins/nutrients

it's actually good to drink 1%/2% rather than skimmed because your body requires fat in order to take in and store vitamins/nutrients
15 Frags +

I drink almond milk :( dairy intolerant.

I drink almond milk :( dairy intolerant.
0 Frags +

if u have ever made cookies then you have used a dairy product hopefully, and milk is dairy

if u have ever made cookies then you have used a dairy product hopefully, and milk is dairy
22 Frags +

The fat content doesn't determine if it's healthy or not. Just different calorie amounts, and depending on what else you eat/drink that day, you can perfectly accommodate whole fat milk.

permabulk basically

The fat content doesn't determine if it's healthy or not. Just different calorie amounts, and depending on what else you eat/drink that day, you can perfectly accommodate whole fat milk.

permabulk basically
14 Frags +

i drink way too much 2% milk

i drink way too much 2% milk
31 Frags +

Chocolate milk master milk.

Chocolate milk master milk.
2 Frags +

chocolate milk is the best

chocolate milk is the best
-3 Frags +

Milk is a big scam. Milk in general doesn't have much of a health benefit unless you're a cow. There's little to no solid evidence that milk is beneficial for bones, or your health in any way.It's regarded as the healthy option for schools, yet it generally has more sugar and is higher in fat than coke.

Milk is a big scam. Milk in general doesn't have much of a health benefit unless you're a cow. There's little to no solid evidence that milk is beneficial for bones, or your health in any way.It's regarded as the healthy option for schools, yet it generally has more sugar and is higher in fat than coke.
37 Frags +

ded

ded
13 Frags +

Strawberry milk is best milk

Strawberry milk is best milk
8 Frags +

i never drink milk anymore, i don't even use it for coffee. i only think its good for cooking/baking but thats just me

i never drink milk anymore, i don't even use it for coffee. i only think its good for cooking/baking but thats just me
16 Frags +
pharaoh__Milk is a big scam. Milk in general doesn't have much of a health benefit unless you're a cow. There's little to no solid evidence that milk is beneficial for bones, or your health in any way.It's regarded as the healthy option for schools, yet it generally has more sugar and is higher in fat than coke.

ok so i finally talk my parents into meeting you tattoos and all and then u drop this bomb

its like i dont even know you

homewrecker

[quote=pharaoh__]Milk is a big scam. Milk in general doesn't have much of a health benefit unless you're a cow. There's little to no solid evidence that milk is beneficial for bones, or your health in any way.It's regarded as the healthy option for schools, yet it generally has more sugar and is higher in fat than coke.[/quote]

ok so i finally talk my parents into meeting you tattoos and all and then u drop this bomb

its like i dont even know you

homewrecker
9 Frags +

milk is for calves

milk is for calves
3 Frags +
puddI drink almond milk :( dairy intolerant.

Ever try coconut milk? I like almond but I found coconut to be superior.

[quote=pudd]I drink almond milk :( dairy intolerant.[/quote]

Ever try coconut milk? I like almond but I found coconut to be superior.
0 Frags +

i am very lactose intolerant so i drink lactaid i've tried almond and soy milk but they make me feel sick too

i also have to carry around lactose intolerant pill things in my wallet in case i want to eat dairy when im not at home

i am very lactose intolerant so i drink lactaid i've tried almond and soy milk but they make me feel sick too

i also have to carry around lactose intolerant pill things in my wallet in case i want to eat dairy when im not at home
2 Frags +

Milk is pretty great

Milk is pretty great
10 Frags +

soy milk up in this bitch yeaa

who here remembers nesquik choc syrup that was the shit

soy milk up in this bitch yeaa

who here remembers nesquik choc syrup that was the shit
1 Frags +

i eat way too much cereal and milk i don't know why

i eat way too much cereal and milk i don't know why
2 Frags +

Not much of a milk drinker anymore, my little brother drinks almost 3 gallons of whole milk a week. It's pretty funny

Not much of a milk drinker anymore, my little brother drinks almost 3 gallons of whole milk a week. It's pretty funny
1 Frags +

As a kid I drank a ton of milk, was like my favorite drink. I went to Spain when I was young and my family there had like the sweetest milk. I don't remember what it was called but that milk was better than any candy I've ever had.

As a kid I drank a ton of milk, was like my favorite drink. I went to Spain when I was young and my family there had like the sweetest milk. I don't remember what it was called but that milk was better than any candy I've ever had.
-2 Frags +

I drink whole milk because that's what my mom buys when she goes shopping. My school doesn't offer whole milk so i just drink 2% milk there.

I drink whole milk because that's what my mom buys when she goes shopping. My school doesn't offer whole milk so i just drink 2% milk there.
49 Frags +

Muscle Milk

Muscle Milk
49 Frags +

and Moolians

and Moolians
21 Frags +
pharaoh__Milk is a big scam. Milk in general doesn't have much of a health benefit unless you're a cow. There's little to no solid evidence that milk is beneficial for bones, or your health in any way.It's regarded as the healthy option for schools, yet it generally has more sugar and is higher in fat than coke.

That's only true if you take the artificially sweetened version of coke, otherwise the coke has more sugar (10g vs 5g per 100ml). In any case, the sugar in milk is lactose as opposed to refined high fructose corn syrup or sucrose, and it has a low glycemix index.

The fat in milk is not bad for you in moderation, and you even have a choice of which fat content to buy. In 1% fat milk, 20% of its calories come from fat, which is really the minimum amount to get the recommended ratio of fats to calories in a typical adult diet.

Milk is also a good source of protein, containing all the essential amino acids.

I could type up a list of all the vitamins and minerals milk has the a coke or soda doesn't, but I think I've said enough.

[quote=pharaoh__]Milk is a big scam. Milk in general doesn't have much of a health benefit unless you're a cow. There's little to no solid evidence that milk is beneficial for bones, or your health in any way.It's regarded as the healthy option for schools, yet it generally has more sugar and is higher in fat than coke.[/quote]

That's only true if you take the artificially sweetened version of coke, otherwise the coke has more sugar (10g vs 5g per 100ml). In any case, the sugar in milk is lactose as opposed to refined high fructose corn syrup or sucrose, and it has a low glycemix index.

The fat in milk is not bad for you in moderation, and you even have a choice of which fat content to buy. In 1% fat milk, 20% of its calories come from fat, which is really the minimum amount to get the recommended ratio of fats to calories in a typical adult diet.

Milk is also a good source of protein, containing all the essential amino acids.

I could type up a list of all the vitamins and minerals milk has the a coke or soda doesn't, but I think I've said enough.
7 Frags +

http://youtu.be/Ag7ytpdpusc

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Ag7ytpdpusc[/youtube]
8 Frags +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5FBLSFBluQ

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5FBLSFBluQ[/youtube]
8 Frags +

Healthy and non healthy foods is kind of bullshit. What makes a food "healthy" to some is a high nutrient to calorie ratio. Milk is very high calorie, but still has far more nutrients to calories than coke.
The whole milk in my fridge has 11g of sugar per cup as apposed to the 27g in coke.
Lastly, fat isn't bad. Fatty foods generally contain more nutrients than carb heavy foods. Sweden has recently adopted a low-carb, high-fat national dietary guideline.

Healthy and non healthy foods is kind of bullshit. What makes a food "healthy" to some is a high nutrient to calorie ratio. Milk is very high calorie, but still has far more nutrients to calories than coke.
The whole milk in my fridge has 11g of sugar per cup as apposed to the 27g in coke.
Lastly, fat isn't bad. Fatty foods generally contain more nutrients than carb heavy foods. Sweden has recently adopted a low-carb, high-fat national dietary guideline.
1 2 3 4 ⋅⋅ 6
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.