Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
steam overlay
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Whenever I play tf2, I cant open overlay and then in console, it tells me to enable vr mode in video which I cant. Any advice?

Whenever I play tf2, I cant open overlay and then in console, it tells me to enable vr mode in video which I cant. Any advice?
3 Frags +

I used to not be able to open the overlay because I forgot to remove -dxlevel 81 from my launch options after reinstalling maxfps.

I used to not be able to open the overlay because I forgot to remove -dxlevel 81 from my launch options after reinstalling maxfps.
-1 Frags +
AkuI used to not be able to open the overlay because I forgot to remove -dxlevel 81 from my launch options after reinstalling maxfps.

that doesnt help. Anything else? I play on dx9 if that helps

[quote=Aku]I used to not be able to open the overlay because I forgot to remove -dxlevel 81 from my launch options after reinstalling maxfps.[/quote]
that doesnt help. Anything else? I play on dx9 if that helps
4 Frags +

You'll save ~10 frames by disabling the overlay, FYI.

You'll save ~10 frames by disabling the overlay, FYI.
1 Frags +

mat_antialias 0

mat_antialias 0
0 Frags +
stabbyYou'll save ~10 frames by disabling the overlay, FYI.

Yes I realize but you need overlay for a lot of things like accessing the store or inviting people to a party for mvm.

chugsmat_antialias 0

This didn't work :(

[quote=stabby]You'll save ~10 frames by disabling the overlay, FYI.[/quote]
Yes I realize but you need overlay for a lot of things like accessing the store or inviting people to a party for mvm.
[quote=chugs]mat_antialias 0[/quote]
This didn't work :(
-2 Frags +
LinstabbyYou'll save ~10 frames by disabling the overlay, FYI.Yes I realize but you need overlay for a lot of things like accessing the store or inviting people to a party for mvm.

Try alt-tabbing. :D

[quote=Lin][quote=stabby]You'll save ~10 frames by disabling the overlay, FYI.[/quote]
Yes I realize but you need overlay for a lot of things like accessing the store or inviting people to a party for mvm.[/quote]
Try alt-tabbing. :D
1 Frags +
hookyLinstabbyYou'll save ~10 frames by disabling the overlay, FYI.Yes I realize but you need overlay for a lot of things like accessing the store or inviting people to a party for mvm.Try alt-tabbing. :D

you can't alt-tab to invite people to mvm or buy from the store, you need to be running the overlay.

[quote=hooky][quote=Lin][quote=stabby]You'll save ~10 frames by disabling the overlay, FYI.[/quote]
Yes I realize but you need overlay for a lot of things like accessing the store or inviting people to a party for mvm.[/quote]
Try alt-tabbing. :D[/quote]
you can't alt-tab to invite people to mvm or buy from the store, you need to be running the overlay.
1 Frags +

Right click Team Fortress 2 in Steam library, Properties, check the "Enable Overlay" box.

Right click Team Fortress 2 in Steam library, Properties, check the "Enable Overlay" box.
1 Frags +
stabbyYou'll save ~10 frames by disabling the overlay, FYI.

How do you go about disabling it?

[quote=stabby]You'll save ~10 frames by disabling the overlay, FYI.[/quote]

How do you go about disabling it?
0 Frags +
mthsadhookyLinstabbyYou'll save ~10 frames by disabling the overlay, FYI.Yes I realize but you need overlay for a lot of things like accessing the store or inviting people to a party for mvm.Try alt-tabbing. :Dyou can't alt-tab to invite people to mvm or buy from the store, you need to be running the overlay.

Which store, the TF2 store? I was thinking the Steam store. And I thought you could invite people to MvM using the Invite to Game function in chat, but I guess that only works if you are already connected to a server.

And that post sounds extremely dickish I'm so sorry

[quote=mthsad][quote=hooky][quote=Lin][quote=stabby]You'll save ~10 frames by disabling the overlay, FYI.[/quote]
Try alt-tabbing. :D[/quote]
you can't alt-tab to invite people to mvm or buy from the store, you need to be running the overlay.[/quote]
Which store, the TF2 store? I was thinking the Steam store. And I thought you could invite people to MvM using the Invite to Game function in chat, but I guess that only works if you are already connected to a server.

And that post sounds extremely dickish I'm so sorry
0 Frags +
Se4nRight click game in Steam library, Properties, check the Enable Overlay box

Wow thanks, that was the problem. I don't remember unticking that box but ty!!

[quote=Se4n]Right click game in Steam library, Properties, check the Enable Overlay box[/quote]
Wow thanks, that was the problem. I don't remember unticking that box but ty!!
2 Frags +

No problem. :p

No problem. :p
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.