Upvote Upvoted 2 Downvote Downvoted
How to get better FPS when using a mac?
posted in Q/A Help
1 Frags +

To start off I never chose to use a mac I was forced to so I'm stuck with a working computer instead of a gaming one.
I haven't tried using the chris' configs yet because I never actually got them to work. I'm looking for better ways to improve my fps because my maximum so far is 60 and it usually goes down to 30 or 40. I already installed the hatless mod if that helps.

To start off I never chose to use a mac I was forced to so I'm stuck with a working computer instead of a gaming one.
I haven't tried using the chris' configs yet because I never actually got them to work. I'm looking for better ways to improve my fps because my maximum so far is 60 and it usually goes down to 30 or 40. I already installed the hatless mod if that helps.
7 Frags +

would recommend boot camping and installing windows, the mac version of tf2 isnt very well optimized.

would recommend boot camping and installing windows, the mac version of tf2 isnt very well optimized.
-19 Frags +

Don't use a mac:>

Don't use a mac:>
3 Frags +

Chris' DX9 Frames are best your best bet, if you're stuck on Mac. I played via OS X for a short time and that version of his config helped my performance out, somewhat. Make sure you change your interp from the default, if you haven't already. That'll make the biggest noticeable change to your TF2 experience (not FPS-wise)

Chris' DX9 Frames are best your best bet, if you're stuck on Mac. I played via OS X for a short time and that version of his config helped my performance out, somewhat. Make sure you change your interp from the default, if you haven't already. That'll make the biggest noticeable change to your TF2 experience (not FPS-wise)
0 Frags +

I second the recommendation to use boot camp; I got reasonably good performance on a Macbook Air on Windows 7 via bootcamp for the time I had to use a laptop.

I second the recommendation to use boot camp; I got reasonably good performance on a Macbook Air on Windows 7 via bootcamp for the time I had to use a laptop.
2 Frags +

From what I learned, also make sure you get the correct drivers for bootcamp, it will run super well with a config.

From what I learned, also make sure you get the correct drivers for bootcamp, it will run super well with a config.
1 Frags +
mthsadwould recommend boot camping and installing windows, the mac version of tf2 isnt very well optimized.

I recommend this too

[quote=mthsad]would recommend boot camping and installing windows, the mac version of tf2 isnt very well optimized.[/quote]

I recommend this too
-1 Frags +

Go ahead and use cl_interp 0 , that helps a bit

Chris' configs probably didn't work for you because Mac doesn't support DirectX, only OpenGl, you should make sure your gpu drivers/kexts are installed correctly and as for Chris' configs, use the launch options, just take away dxlevel. I suggest fullscreen mode as well. highframes/maxframes are both good.

Dependent on your graphics card, you can probably change some settings on there too.

Intel: Never used one, sry.
Nvidia: simple 3d rendering quality, change to low (the thing with the rotating logo)
AMD: 3d render quality, change to low (a picture)

Go ahead and use cl_interp 0 , that helps a bit

Chris' configs probably didn't work for you because Mac doesn't support DirectX, only OpenGl, you should make sure your gpu drivers/kexts are installed correctly and as for Chris' configs, use the launch options, just take away dxlevel. I suggest fullscreen mode as well. highframes/maxframes are both good.

Dependent on your graphics card, you can probably change some settings on there too.

Intel: Never used one, sry.
Nvidia: simple 3d rendering quality, change to low (the thing with the rotating logo)
AMD: 3d render quality, change to low (a picture)
4 Frags +

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/7639-fps-improvement-compilation.
This has some good suggestions; Also try to play at a lower resolution @ fullscreen if you can!

raikuDon't use a mac:>FinnieTo start off I never chose to use a mac I was forced to so.
http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/7639-fps-improvement-compilation.
This has some good suggestions; Also try to play at a lower resolution @ fullscreen if you can!

[quote=raiku]Don't use a mac:>[/quote]
[quote=Finnie][b][size=16]To start off I never chose to use a mac I was forced to so.[/size][/b][/quote]
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.