Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
Settings won't save
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Reinstalled TF2 and now nothing is saving correctly. I have to turn off anti-aliasing or else my graphics card crashes but TF2 keeps turning it back on.

Other things aren't saving correctly either but this is the most important thing that needs fixing

Reinstalled TF2 and now nothing is saving correctly. I have to turn off anti-aliasing or else my graphics card crashes but TF2 keeps turning it back on.

Other things aren't saving correctly either but this is the most important thing that needs fixing
2 Frags +

From what I remember, having -dxlevel 95 in my launch options kept turning on anti-aliasing and other settings that they "recommended" for me.

From what I remember, having -dxlevel 95 in my launch options kept turning on anti-aliasing and other settings that they "recommended" for me.
0 Frags +

Either your steam cloud is loading settings that it thinks are more recent, or you need to remove -autoconfig or -dxlevel from your launch options, or you've got video settings being overwritten in your autoexec.

If it's not one of those, check if maybe your settings file is set to read-only in its properties? I can't think of what else.

Either your steam cloud is loading settings that it thinks are more recent, or you need to remove -autoconfig or -dxlevel from your launch options, or you've got video settings being overwritten in your autoexec.

If it's not one of those, check if maybe your settings file is set to read-only in its properties? I can't think of what else.
4 Frags +

you should always remove -dxlevel in your launch options after the first launch, otherwise it does as gek says unless you have a config that changes it.

you should always remove -dxlevel in your launch options after the first launch, otherwise it does as gek says unless you have a config that changes it.
5 Frags +

removing -dxlevel worked
ty

removing -dxlevel worked
ty
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.