Upvote Upvoted 41 Downvote Downvoted
how would you guys like a monthly tf2 tourny?
0 Frags +

It would be a monthly scrim tournament, like the fighting game community has. except it would be teams of 4's, 6's, and 9's. but not only that if you aren't apart of a league or a comp team, you could grab a few friends of your, make a team, and compete.

there of course would be prizes every month. hopeful more people streaming, I making this post to receive some feedback about this concept before putting it into the beginning stages. with this We hope to show off more of the competitive community of TF2 and letting everyone getting a taste of action.

It would be a monthly scrim tournament, like the fighting game community has. except it would be teams of 4's, 6's, and 9's. but not only that if you aren't apart of a league or a comp team, you could grab a few friends of your, make a team, and compete.

there of course would be prizes every month. hopeful more people streaming, I making this post to receive some feedback about this concept before putting it into the beginning stages. with this We hope to show off more of the competitive community of TF2 and letting everyone getting a taste of action.
10 Frags +

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
8 Frags +

This would only lead to better things, go for it!

This would only lead to better things, go for it!
6 Frags +

sounds pretty fun, as long as you got a decent amount of teams to play its a good idea!

sounds pretty fun, as long as you got a decent amount of teams to play its a good idea!
18 Frags +

Yeah that would be pretty fun.

Whatever happened to the ESEA friday night tourney thing that Killing hosted like a few months ago?

Yeah that would be pretty fun.

Whatever happened to the ESEA friday night tourney thing that Killing hosted like a few months ago?
23 Frags +

Would be nice if there was a merc pool where you could sign up individually and get shuffled into either an incomplete team, or a team of other mercs.

Would be nice if there was a merc pool where you could sign up individually and get shuffled into either an incomplete team, or a team of other mercs.
7 Frags +

Add bball/ultiduo to the mix aswell

Add bball/ultiduo to the mix aswell
eXtelevision
10 Frags +

eXtv definitely is willing to help. Wanted to do something similar but organizing has been troublesome for us to accomplish by ourselves. If scheduling can work out then we can commit to being there to cast.

eXtv definitely is willing to help. Wanted to do something similar but organizing has been troublesome for us to accomplish by ourselves. If scheduling can work out then we can commit to being there to cast.
4 Frags +

ded

ded
3 Frags +

Why did Friday Night Fights fail? I found it very entertaining

If this was in europe, I'd love it (that said, we have our one night cups, but those aren't as frequent). As it is, sounds like a good idea!

Why did Friday Night Fights fail? I found it very entertaining

If this was in europe, I'd love it (that said, we have our one night cups, but those aren't as frequent). As it is, sounds like a good idea!
1 Frags +
gardenWhy did Friday Night Fights fail? I found it very entertaining

I'd definitely be interested to see if we could get something similar going in Europe.

One Night Cups really don't happen too often and you still need to attend as part of an ETF2L team which is slightly inconvenient.

[quote=garden]Why did Friday Night Fights fail? I found it very entertaining

If this was in europe, I'd love it (that said, we have our one night cups, but those aren't as frequent). As it is, sounds like a good idea![/quote]

I'd definitely be interested to see if we could get something similar going in Europe.

One Night Cups really don't happen too often and you still need to attend as part of an ETF2L team which is slightly inconvenient.
1 Frags +

ded

ded
0 Frags +
gardenWhy did Friday Night Fights fail? I found it very entertaining

No incentive, believe it or not folks don't like playing against invite pug teams when there's nothing to gain from it.

Show Content
It's some baby shit and they should rise to the challenge, but whatever
[quote=garden]Why did Friday Night Fights fail? I found it very entertaining

If this was in europe, I'd love it (that said, we have our one night cups, but those aren't as frequent). As it is, sounds like a good idea![/quote]
No incentive, believe it or not folks don't like playing against invite pug teams when there's nothing to gain from it.
[spoiler]It's some baby shit and they should rise to the challenge, but whatever[/spoiler]
0 Frags +

I always found it hard to sign up for those things because they filled up so damn fast, people being invite didn't detour people apprently

I always found it hard to sign up for those things because they filled up so damn fast, people being invite didn't detour people apprently
1 Frags +
AustereOne Night Cups really don't happen too often and you still need to attend as part of an ETF2L team which is slightly inconvenient.

You can def do them as a fun team, so it doesn't necessarily have to be your normal 6v6 team, but yeah it's not the most convenient.

DrPloxoNo incentive, believe it or not folks don't like playing against invite pug teams when there's nothing to gain from it.
Show Content
It's some baby shit and they should rise to the challenge, but whatever

I guess one of the advantages of the one night cups is there is a high-med-low bracketing. Could something similar have worked for fnf?

[quote=Austere]
One Night Cups really don't happen too often and you still need to attend as part of an ETF2L team which is slightly inconvenient.[/quote]

You can def do them as a fun team, so it doesn't [i]necessarily[/i] have to be your normal 6v6 team, but yeah it's not the most convenient.

[quote=DrPloxo]
[spoiler]It's some baby shit and they should rise to the challenge, but whatever[/spoiler][/quote]

I guess one of the advantages of the one night cups is there is a high-med-low bracketing. Could something similar have worked for fnf?
3 Frags +
WithADanceNumberWould be nice if there was a merc pool where you could sign up individually and get shuffled into either an incomplete team, or a team of other mercs.

I would definitely play if this was an option.

[quote=WithADanceNumber]Would be nice if there was a merc pool where you could sign up individually and get shuffled into either an incomplete team, or a team of other mercs.[/quote]

I would definitely play if this was an option.
0 Frags +

do it up

do it up
2 Frags +

this is what tf2 needs. playing in leagues is too big of a commitment for a lot of people (scrimming 4-5 days a week and whatnot).

this is what tf2 needs. playing in leagues is too big of a commitment for a lot of people (scrimming 4-5 days a week and whatnot).
0 Frags +

mge would be cool too, we just saw how much people like it with the Tip Of The Hats tourney there was.

mge would be cool too, we just saw how much people like it with the Tip Of The Hats tourney there was.
7 Frags +
SuperNovaFoxit would be teams of 4's, 6's, and 9'sLeRayonVertmge would be cool tooDuckyAdd bball/ultiduo to the mix aswell

let's not try to do this for every format when we've never done/maintained it for one format

[quote=SuperNovaFox]it would be teams of 4's, 6's, and 9's[/quote]
[quote=LeRayonVert]mge would be cool too[/quote]
[quote=Ducky]Add bball/ultiduo to the mix aswell[/quote]

let's not try to do this for [i]every[/i] format when we've never done/maintained it for [i]one[/i] format
5 Frags +

^ agreed. we should focus on the "regular" formats (4/6/9) since we are trying to promote general competitive tf2.

do you think that it is possible to use non-esea/ugc maps only? it could make things interesting for regular 6v6 players and we could possibly discover new map styles that can fit 6v6 better.

^ agreed. we should focus on the "regular" formats (4/6/9) since we are trying to promote general competitive tf2.

do you think that it is possible to use non-esea/ugc maps only? it could make things interesting for regular 6v6 players and we could [i]possibly[/i] discover new map styles that can fit 6v6 better.
3 Frags +

any updates on this? I think a good idea is to just get a list of people able to attend (for example a friday) an then have a draft type thing the night before, this is very similar to like the draft tournament for GXL LAN

basically, get say 72 people, 6 medics draft teams in a fair order, and have a 1/weekend tournament every month or something, that sounds good to me but I guess its up to you.

any updates on this? I think a good idea is to just get a list of people able to attend (for example a friday) an then have a draft type thing the night before, this is very similar to like the draft tournament for GXL LAN

basically, get say 72 people, 6 medics draft teams in a fair order, and have a 1/weekend tournament every month or something, that sounds good to me but I guess its up to you.
2 Frags +

enigma was kind of doing this with the "TFTV invitationals" but there was only ever two.

killing tried to do "Friday night fights" but there was only ever one.

hopefully whoever does this learns from this and makes it sustainable.

enigma was kind of doing this with the "TFTV invitationals" but there was only ever two.

killing tried to do "Friday night fights" but there was only ever one.

hopefully whoever does this learns from this and makes it sustainable.
0 Frags +
plobsany updates on this?

SuperNovaFox (OP) is trying to put something together. I know he's been working for the past few days trying to put odds and ends together and laying out some plans but I'm not really involved in it so I'm not going to mention any specifics.

[quote=plobs]any updates on this?[/quote]

SuperNovaFox (OP) is [b]trying[/b] to put something together. I know he's been working for the past few days trying to put odds and ends together and laying out some plans but I'm not really involved in it so I'm not going to mention any specifics.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.