Upvote Upvoted 5 Downvote Downvoted
resolutions
0 Frags +

i once heard that cs:s source players would lower their resolutions to 640x480 so people were easier to hit. does the same go for tf2?

as a soldier main i really didn't notice any immediate changes when i lowered my resolution a while back for fps's sake, but it was a lot harder to hit headshots. when i up my res to its native 1920x1080, that gets a lot easier.

so does the resolution you play at have an effect on your ability to hit shots? is it easier, at a lower resolution, to hit shots on scout but harder to do the same on sniper? have any of you guys noticed significant changes in your dm when playing at different resolutions?

i once heard that cs:s source players would lower their resolutions to 640x480 so people were easier to hit. does the same go for tf2?

as a soldier main i really didn't notice any immediate changes when i lowered my resolution a while back for fps's sake, but it was a lot harder to hit headshots. when i up my res to its native 1920x1080, that gets a lot easier.

so does the resolution you play at have an effect on your ability to hit shots? is it easier, at a lower resolution, to hit shots on scout but harder to do the same on sniper? have any of you guys noticed significant changes in your dm when playing at different resolutions?
0 Frags +

I went from 1440-900 to 1280-800 and scout v scout become easier.

I went from 1440-900 to 1280-800 and scout v scout become easier.
2 Frags +

back when i played scout i used 640x480 and was able to hit a lot more shots. I have no clue why and it was probably just placebo

back when i played scout i used 640x480 and was able to hit a lot more shots. I have no clue why and it was probably just placebo
0 Frags +

I like to play scout at 4:3 but soldier at 16:9

am i weird

I like to play scout at 4:3 but soldier at 16:9

am i weird
1 Frags +

Rockets and splash feel smaller to me on lower resolutions.

Rockets and splash feel smaller to me on lower resolutions.
3 Frags +

With a stretched resolution (let's say 1024x768 on a native 1920x1080 monitor) the models get stretched and it might make you hit more hitscan,probaly not

With a stretched resolution (let's say 1024x768 on a native 1920x1080 monitor) the models get stretched and it might make you hit more hitscan,probaly not
5 Frags +
Chrom3w0lfI like to play scout at 4:3 but soldier at 16:9

am i weird

Wtf, do you switch resolution every time you switch class?

[quote=Chrom3w0lf]I like to play scout at 4:3 but soldier at 16:9

am i weird[/quote]

1 Frags +

In CS it helps more because of the way the hit registration works. If you hit the leg you do small damage if you hit the head you do LOADS of damage. In TF2 if you hit the leg or head the damage will be the same(besides sniper/ambassador where it might help you out)

In CS it helps more because of the way the hit registration works. If you hit the leg you do small damage if you hit the head you do LOADS of damage. In TF2 if you hit the leg or head the damage will be the same(besides sniper/ambassador where it might help you out)
1 Frags +

Are you sure they're not playing on lower resolutions because they're using a CRT?
I'm not sure how lowering resolution would make someone easier/harder to hit.

Are you sure they're not playing on lower resolutions because they're using a CRT?
0 Frags +
CryptoAre you sure they're not playing on lower resolutions because they're using a CRT?

4:3 stretched to 16:9 makes models and this way everything appear bigger on screen.

[quote=Crypto]Are you sure they're not playing on lower resolutions because they're using a CRT?
I'm not sure how lowering resolution would make someone easier/harder to hit.[/quote]
4:3 stretched to 16:9 makes models and this way everything appear bigger on screen.
1 Frags +

I personally use 640x480 and am very much used to it. It looks more AIDS but feels better for me.

I personally use 640x480 and am very much used to it. It looks more AIDS but feels better for me.
4 Frags +

its preference once again neither sensitivity or cross hair or hud. they dont make u better, its just what you like.

its preference once again neither sensitivity or cross hair or hud. they dont make u better, its just what you like.
0 Frags +
MasterKuniChrom3w0lfI like to play scout at 4:3 but soldier at 16:9

am i weird

no i just play at 1920x1080 by default but if i really want to play scout, i'll switch

[quote=MasterKuni][quote=Chrom3w0lf]I like to play scout at 4:3 but soldier at 16:9

am i weird[/quote]

Wtf, do you switch resolution every time you switch class?[/quote]

no i just play at 1920x1080 by default but if i really want to play scout, i'll switch
-4 Frags +

When I play CS:GO I used 1280 x 960 stretched, and I feel I play a lot better with it.

When I play CS:GO I used 1280 x 960 stretched, and I feel I play a lot better with it.
2 Frags +

-windowed -noborder -w 1920 -h 900

If you have 1080p put that in your launch options.

-windowed -noborder -w 1920 -h 900

If you have 1080p put that in your launch options.
4 Frags +

It won't have a noticeable effect on aim, although 4:3 does give you a lower FOV so models may look bigger. Some people, myself included, use 640x480 because some CRT's only support 120hz at this resolution.

It won't have a noticeable effect on aim, although 4:3 does give you a lower FOV so models may look bigger. Some people, myself included, use 640x480 because some CRT's only support 120hz at this resolution.
7 Frags +
cs:s source players would lower their resolutions to 640x480 so people were easier to hit

In 1.6 if you played with a lower resolution it was easier to control your recoil. THIS IS THE ONLY REASON. THERE ARE NO OTHER REASON. THIS IS NOT THE SAME FOR TF2

play with 16:9 in tf2.

[quote]cs:s source players would lower their resolutions to 640x480 so people were easier to hit[/quote]

In 1.6 if you played with a lower resolution it was easier to control your recoil. THIS IS THE ONLY REASON. THERE ARE NO OTHER REASON. THIS IS NOT THE SAME FOR TF2

play with 16:9 in tf2.
0 Frags +

In CS:S using 1024x768 stretched could make bigger and easier to hit due to some bug with the graphics. In TF2 theres no effect whatsoever just use what you think looks cool or gives you the most fps while still being decent looking

In CS:S using 1024x768 stretched could make bigger and easier to hit due to some bug with the graphics. In TF2 theres no effect whatsoever just use what you think looks cool or gives you the most fps while still being decent looking
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.