Upvote Upvoted 2 Downvote Downvoted
Help with FPS Configs
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Hello all, I've recently tried using Chris's High Frames config and Chris's DX9 Frames configs from TF2Mate. I have used them before about a month ago, but now whenever I try to use them my game shutters and skips when in servers and is completely unplayable. It is fine without the configs so I wanted to see if anyone else is having the same problems or knows how to fix them.

Hello all, I've recently tried using Chris's High Frames config and Chris's DX9 Frames configs from TF2Mate. I have used them before about a month ago, but now whenever I try to use them my game shutters and skips when in servers and is completely unplayable. It is fine without the configs so I wanted to see if anyone else is having the same problems or knows how to fix them.
4 Frags +

Have you removed dxlevel -- from your launch options?

Have you removed dxlevel -- from your launch options?
0 Frags +
PermzillaHave you removed dxlevel -- from your launch options?

I have not due to the fact that tf2mate tells me to put it there.

Ex:

Highframes Launch Options: -dxlevel 81 -sw -noborder -w 1920 -h 1080 -console -novid -useforcedmparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd

DX9Frames Launch Options: -dxlevel 90 -sw -noborder -w 1920 -h 1080 -console -novid -useforcedmparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd

[quote=Permzilla]Have you removed dxlevel -- from your launch options?[/quote]

I have not due to the fact that tf2mate tells me to put it there.

Ex:

Highframes Launch Options: -dxlevel 81 -sw -noborder -w 1920 -h 1080 -console -novid -useforcedmparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd

DX9Frames Launch Options: -dxlevel 90 -sw -noborder -w 1920 -h 1080 -console -novid -useforcedmparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd
0 Frags +

you don't need them anymore iirc

you don't need them anymore iirc
2 Frags +

Literally a line above what you posted
Launch options:
// IMPORTANT: Remove -dxlevel 81 from the launch options after the first launch!

Literally a line above what you posted
Launch options:
// IMPORTANT: Remove -dxlevel 81 from the launch options after the first launch!
1 Frags +
bearodactylyou don't need them anymore iirc

This is correct. You only need to put -dxlevel for the initial launch of the game after installing/using the FPS config. The game will use that dxlevel going forward until it's told to use a different dxlevel.

[quote=bearodactyl]you don't need them anymore iirc[/quote]
This is correct. You only need to put -dxlevel for the initial launch of the game after installing/using the FPS config. The game will use that dxlevel going forward until it's told to use a different dxlevel.
0 Frags +

I tried removing the -dxlevel -- after installing and it still stutters uncontrollably and is unusable after switching classes.

I tried removing the -dxlevel -- after installing and it still stutters uncontrollably and is unusable after switching classes.
0 Frags +

have you tried dxlevel 9? I accidentally used a config for dxlevel 8 and it did this exact thing so might be worth trying

have you tried dxlevel 9? I accidentally used a config for dxlevel 8 and it did this exact thing so might be worth trying
1 Frags +

last time I checked tf2mate chris cfg's were terribly outdated.

Get chris configs from his official website and try again

last time I checked tf2mate chris cfg's were terribly outdated.

Get chris configs from his official website and try again
0 Frags +

What about net settings? Maybe your internet cannot handle settings that fps cfg provide?

What about net settings? Maybe your internet cannot handle settings that fps cfg provide?
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.