Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
LF Roamer Mentor
posted in Mentoring
0 Frags +

Hi,
i am new to competitive tf2 and i like to play soldier. I have done about 50 lobbies to get a feel of different classes and have decided to play roamer.
My current faults are:

Holding "W" while jumping
    Due to the above, unable to do even some basic jumps such as a speed pogo
    Airshots are pretty bad

I am willing to learn and will always try my best to perform what is asked of me as well as never giving up to try to master a specific jump / tactic, etc.

I have 2 weeks off from school so i can play about 5 hours or so per day.
The timezone which i live in is GMT + 1.

To contact me, please add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/1H4X3R/

Hi,
i am new to competitive tf2 and i like to play soldier. I have done about 50 lobbies to get a feel of different classes and have decided to play roamer.
My current faults are:
[list]
Holding "W" while jumping
Due to the above, unable to do even some basic jumps such as a speed pogo
Airshots are pretty bad
[/list]

I am willing to learn and will always try my best to perform what is asked of me as well as never giving up to try to master a specific jump / tactic, etc.

I have 2 weeks off from school so i can play about 5 hours or so per day.
The timezone which i live in is GMT + 1.

To contact me, please add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/1H4X3R/
0 Frags +

don't worry about airshots lol and try to watch higher level roamers in your spare time(minus invite players/high IM).

lobbies won't help you get better after a certain point so try to play some mixes in irc @ #tf2mix but even then you won't really improve that much. i'd say practicing with a team is the best way to truly learn the game on a competitive level. if you can find a team that you like to be with that imo will help you a lot. along with a mentor. these are just some basic pointers gl

don't worry about airshots lol and try to watch higher level roamers in your spare time(minus invite players/high IM).

lobbies won't help you get better after a certain point so try to play some mixes in irc @ #tf2mix but even then you won't really improve that much. i'd say practicing with a team is the best way to truly learn the game on a competitive level. if you can find a team that you like to be with that imo will help you a lot. along with a mentor. these are just some basic pointers gl
1 Frags +

If those are your only basic faults at this time, I really don't think you need a mentor.
Just practice, that's the only way you're going to get better really. Go on some jump maps and don't hold W, and go into MGE or DM servers and just start playing.
Good luck!

If those are your only basic faults at this time, I really don't think you need a mentor.
Just practice, that's the only way you're going to get better really. Go on some jump maps and don't hold W, and go into MGE or DM servers and just start playing.
Good luck!
newbie.tf
2 Frags +

I had a nasty habit of w strafing when I first started competitive. To break it, try surfing for a few minutes each day. There are a few servers you can check out in the servers tab) It worked for me, at least.

I had a nasty habit of w strafing when I first started competitive. To break it, try surfing for a few minutes each day. There are a few servers you can check out in the servers tab) It worked for me, at least.
2 Frags +

Jump maps are also good.

Jump maps are also good.
-2 Frags +

There is nothing wrong with w strafing unless you're trying to hard strafe left or right. I have always held w when pogoing.

There is nothing wrong with w strafing unless you're trying to hard strafe left or right. I have always held w when pogoing.
-10 Frags +

watch spaceghostperrp, at the moment,hes the only undefeated roamer in esea-im, hes a good person to watch.

watch spaceghostperrp, at the moment,hes the only undefeated roamer in esea-im, hes a good person to watch.
-2 Frags +

yeah I have mangachu streaming my matches for me, be sure to check it out when we play! thanks again mangachu!

yeah I have mangachu streaming my matches for me, be sure to check it out when we play! thanks again mangachu!
2 Frags +
spaceghostpurrpyeah I have mangachu streaming my matches for me, be sure to check it out when we play! thanks again mangachu!

is mangachu yo fanboy

[quote=spaceghostpurrp]yeah I have mangachu streaming my matches for me, be sure to check it out when we play! thanks again mangachu![/quote]

is mangachu yo fanboy
0 Frags +

Definitely a good idea to do some jump maps. It actually won't let you continue without doing the jump properly ie. without pressing W. It can be a real good way to just drop that habbit

Definitely a good idea to do some jump maps. It actually won't let you continue without doing the jump properly ie. without pressing W. It can be a real good way to just drop that habbit
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.