Upvote Upvoted 5 Downvote Downvoted
Remove Killstreaks effects and sounds from tf2
posted in Videos
0 Frags +

So does anyone know how if it's possible to remove both the killstreak icons in the killfeed as well as the kill streak sound and notice on the screen? Talking about tf2 demos particularly. I am recording some stuff and I really don't like how it looks.

So does anyone know how if it's possible to remove both the killstreak icons in the killfeed as well as the kill streak sound and notice on the screen? Talking about tf2 demos particularly. I am recording some stuff and I really don't like how it looks.
huds.tf
5 Frags +

huditemeffectmeter_killstreak.res is for the killstreak number that appears on screen for the player. hudkillstreaknotice.res is the hud file that holds the notice that appears in the middle of the screen (name is godlike at 20). I'm not sure how you'd remove the killstreaks from the killfeed however.

And I'm sure if you could find the name of the killstreak sound, you could just replace it in the custom folder with an empty file of the same name.

huditemeffectmeter_killstreak.res is for the killstreak number that appears on screen for the player. hudkillstreaknotice.res is the hud file that holds the notice that appears in the middle of the screen (name is godlike at 20). I'm not sure how you'd remove the killstreaks from the killfeed however.

And I'm sure if you could find the name of the killstreak sound, you could just replace it in the custom folder with an empty file of the same name.
-6 Frags +

there are commands around that can disable it, I did it.
but I tried searching for the commands and couldn't find them, sorry.

there are commands around that can disable it, I did it.
but I tried searching for the commands and couldn't find them, sorry.
0 Frags +
omnihuditemeffectmeter_killstreak.res is for the killstreak number that appears on screen for the player. hudkillstreaknotice.res is the hud file that holds the notice that appears in the middle of the screen (name is godlike at 20). I'm not sure how you'd remove the killstreaks from the killfeed however.

Appreciated, such a shame that such an obnoxious thing as this is not optional in the game.

So there's really no way to remove the killstreak sound?

[quote=omni]huditemeffectmeter_killstreak.res is for the killstreak number that appears on screen for the player. hudkillstreaknotice.res is the hud file that holds the notice that appears in the middle of the screen (name is godlike at 20). I'm not sure how you'd remove the killstreaks from the killfeed however.

And I'm sure if you could find the name of the killstreak sound, you could just replace it in the custom folder with an empty file of the same name.[/quote]
Appreciated, such a shame that such an obnoxious thing as this is not optional in the game.

So there's really no way to remove the killstreak sound?
huds.tf
3 Frags +
KanecoSo there's really no way to remove the killstreak sound?

Not that I can tell. I think I may have found the way to replace it after looking into the files.

The sound that the game makes when a killstreak is active is called killstreak.wav. So, if you wanted to replace it, your folder/file directory should look something like

SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\<your custom folder>\sound\misc\killstreak.wav

So all you need to do is create a blank audio file, name it killstreak.wav and it should override the usual loud noise. However, I've never messed with sound files before so I could be wrong. Someone can correct me if needs be.

[quote=Kaneco]So there's really no way to remove the killstreak sound?[/quote]

Not that I can tell. I think I may have found the way to replace it after looking into the files.

The sound that the game makes when a killstreak is active is called killstreak.wav. So, if you wanted to replace it, your folder/file directory should look something like
[code]SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\<your custom folder>\sound\misc\killstreak.wav[/code]

So all you need to do is create a blank audio file, name it killstreak.wav and it should override the usual loud noise. However, I've never messed with sound files before so I could be wrong. Someone can correct me if needs be.
2 Frags +

I'm sure you could use gcf and find the killstreak sound and then change it to a null file, people have done it with the domination/revenge thing before however it should not work in sv_pure 2

I'm sure you could use gcf and find the killstreak sound and then change it to a null file, people have done it with the domination/revenge thing before however it should not work in sv_pure 2
7 Frags +

I have created a .vpk that disables killstreak sounds, you should be able to get it working with lawena.
Download here

Meanwhile I'm still trying to discover how to remove the kill counter in the kill feed, so if anyone can help with that I would appreciate. This shit is obnoxious as fuck if you want to edit anything properly

I have created a .vpk that disables killstreak sounds, you should be able to get it working with lawena.
[url=https://mega.co.nz/#!MdpGCAiT!wPxpg_5WLlz_g5HXNPVr352TLCy6hgIFct4EeDOyBS4]Download here[/url]

Meanwhile I'm still trying to discover how to remove the kill counter in the kill feed, so if anyone can help with that I would appreciate. This shit is obnoxious as fuck if you want to edit anything properly
0 Frags +
KanecoI have created a .vpk that disables killstreak sounds, you should be able to get it working with lawena.
Download here

I'm just going to assume this doesn't work in sv_pure 2.

[quote=Kaneco]I have created a .vpk that disables killstreak sounds, you should be able to get it working with lawena.
[url=https://mega.co.nz/#!MdpGCAiT!wPxpg_5WLlz_g5HXNPVr352TLCy6hgIFct4EeDOyBS4]Download here[/url][/quote]

0 Frags +
RainmanKanecoI have created a .vpk that disables killstreak sounds, you should be able to get it working with lawena.
Download here

I created it for editing purposes only, so I assume it doesn't work with sv_pure enabled (like the removed announcer sounds), but I didn't test it.

[quote=Rainman][quote=Kaneco]I have created a .vpk that disables killstreak sounds, you should be able to get it working with lawena.
[url=https://mega.co.nz/#!MdpGCAiT!wPxpg_5WLlz_g5HXNPVr352TLCy6hgIFct4EeDOyBS4]Download here[/url][/quote]

I'm just going to assume this doesn't work in sv_pure 2.[/quote]

I created it for editing purposes only, so I assume it doesn't work with sv_pure enabled (like the removed announcer sounds), but I didn't test it.
1 Frags +

There is one command for the duration of the notification on your screen and if you change it to 0 it will disable all the sounds and stuff. Just type "find streak" in console and it should pop up. I'm not home but add me if that doesn't work and I'll let you know the exact command when I am home

There is one command for the duration of the notification on your screen and if you change it to 0 it will disable all the sounds and stuff. Just type "find streak" in console and it should pop up. I'm not home but add me if that doesn't work and I'll let you know the exact command when I am home
0 Frags +
Knuckles_There is one command for the duration of the notification on your screen and if you change it to 0 it will disable all the sounds and stuff. Just type "find streak" in console and it should pop up. I'm not home but add me if that doesn't work and I'll let you know the exact command when I am home

The commands are:
cl_hud_killstreak_display_time
cl_hud_killstreak_display_fontsize

but they only remove the main notice (the one that appears @5/10/15 kills) at the center of the screen, nothing more, and that was already removable through the hud files, it doesn't help with the counter in the kill notice.

[quote=Knuckles_]There is one command for the duration of the notification on your screen and if you change it to 0 it will disable all the sounds and stuff. Just type "find streak" in console and it should pop up. I'm not home but add me if that doesn't work and I'll let you know the exact command when I am home[/quote]
The commands are:
cl_hud_killstreak_display_time
cl_hud_killstreak_display_fontsize

but they only remove the main notice (the one that appears @5/10/15 kills) at the center of the screen, nothing more, and that was already removable through the hud files, it doesn't help with the counter in the kill notice.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.