Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
Soldier secondary viewmodels [viewmodel script]
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Hey tftv.

So I was fiddling around with my tfmate viewmodel switcher config to try and get rid of a problem I've been having for a while. I have my primary viewmodels turn off and my secondary turned on (for shotgun), but when I'm running gunboats, instead of swapping instantly to the escape plan, it makes a beep noise and my viewmodel for my RL turns on. I've fiddled around with the aliases and such but I can't get it to work.

Any ideas?

Hey tftv.

So I was fiddling around with my tfmate viewmodel switcher config to try and get rid of a problem I've been having for a while. I have my primary viewmodels turn off and my secondary turned on (for shotgun), but when I'm running gunboats, instead of swapping instantly to the escape plan, it makes a beep noise and my viewmodel for my RL turns on. I've fiddled around with the aliases and such but I can't get it to work.

Any ideas?
0 Frags +

this is because your bind is set like this: bind "key" "slot2; r_drawviewmodel 1" or something similar to that. when you have gboats equipped, your slot2 is not a weapon you an actively use, so it cant switch weapons, so you end up with whatever slot you previously had out when you wen to switch weapons. but the viewmodel change still applies. there isnt really a fix to this, except a seperate soldier cfg to use when you switch to a loadout with an active slot2 weapon. this is because your crosshair switcher doesnt apply viewmodels due to weapons, but to the slots themselves.

edit: the beep noise is the game telling you there isnt any weapon in the slot2.

this is because your bind is set like this: bind "key" "slot2; r_drawviewmodel 1" or something similar to that. when you have gboats equipped, your slot2 is not a weapon you an actively use, so it cant switch weapons, so you end up with whatever slot you previously had out when you wen to switch weapons. but the viewmodel change still applies. there isnt really a fix to this, except a seperate soldier cfg to use when you switch to a loadout with an active slot2 weapon. this is because your crosshair switcher doesnt apply viewmodels due to weapons, but to the slots themselves.

edit: the beep noise is the game telling you there isnt any weapon in the slot2.
0 Frags +

Put this in your autoexec; replace the t keybinding with whatever.
Now you can change whether or not a slot is visible on the fly.

bind 1 "slot1; primary; alias currenttog primarytog" 
bind 2 "slot2; secondary; alias currenttog secondarytog"
bind 3 "slot3; melee; alias currenttog meleetog"
bind t currenttog
alias currenttog primarytog
alias primary primaryvis
alias primaryvis "r_drawviewmodel 1; viewmodel_fov 90"
alias primaryhid "r_drawviewmodel 0; viewmodel_fov 0"
alias primarytog primarytoghid
alias primarytogvis "primaryvis; alias primary primaryvis; alias primarytog primarytoghid"
alias primarytoghid "primaryhid; alias primary primaryhid; alias primarytog primarytogvis"
alias secondary secondaryvis
alias secondaryvis "r_drawviewmodel 1; viewmodel_fov 90"
alias secondaryhid "r_drawviewmodel 0; viewmodel_fov 0"
alias secondarytog secondarytoghid
alias secondarytogvis "secondaryvis; alias secondary secondaryvis; alias secondarytog secondarytoghid"
alias secondarytoghid "secondaryhid; alias secondary secondaryhid; alias secondarytog secondarytogvis"
alias melee meleevis
alias meleevis "r_drawviewmodel 1; viewmodel_fov 90"
alias meleehid "r_drawviewmodel 0; viewmodel_fov 0"
alias meleetog meleetoghid
alias meleetogvis "meleevis; alias melee meleevis; alias meleetog meleetoghid"
alias meleetoghid "meleehid; alias melee meleehid; alias meleetog meleetogvis"
Put this in your autoexec; replace the t keybinding with whatever.
Now you can change whether or not a slot is visible on the fly.
[code]bind 1 "slot1; primary; alias currenttog primarytog"
bind 2 "slot2; secondary; alias currenttog secondarytog"
bind 3 "slot3; melee; alias currenttog meleetog"
bind t currenttog
alias currenttog primarytog
alias primary primaryvis
alias primaryvis "r_drawviewmodel 1; viewmodel_fov 90"
alias primaryhid "r_drawviewmodel 0; viewmodel_fov 0"
alias primarytog primarytoghid
alias primarytogvis "primaryvis; alias primary primaryvis; alias primarytog primarytoghid"
alias primarytoghid "primaryhid; alias primary primaryhid; alias primarytog primarytogvis"
alias secondary secondaryvis
alias secondaryvis "r_drawviewmodel 1; viewmodel_fov 90"
alias secondaryhid "r_drawviewmodel 0; viewmodel_fov 0"
alias secondarytog secondarytoghid
alias secondarytogvis "secondaryvis; alias secondary secondaryvis; alias secondarytog secondarytoghid"
alias secondarytoghid "secondaryhid; alias secondary secondaryhid; alias secondarytog secondarytogvis"
alias melee meleevis
alias meleevis "r_drawviewmodel 1; viewmodel_fov 90"
alias meleehid "r_drawviewmodel 0; viewmodel_fov 0"
alias meleetog meleetoghid
alias meleetogvis "meleevis; alias melee meleevis; alias meleetog meleetoghid"
alias meleetoghid "meleehid; alias melee meleehid; alias meleetog meleetogvis"[/code]
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.