Upvote Upvoted 13 Downvote Downvoted
ETF2L S18 Week 3 Preview
posted in News
Admirable
May 24, 2014

Praise be! The second week of play in this ETF2L Season 18 powered by Tt eSPORTS Premiership has brought us our first split results and an apparent wildcard amnesty. Don’t worry though, there will still be a six-nil or two thrown in there for good measure and the week ahead is set be a bumper wildcard harvest.

You may wish to take this opportunity to catch up on the week’s video coverage from TFTV and VanillaTV, particularly if you wish to avoid a case of the dreaded spoileritis. Otherwise read on and I’ll put you out of your misery with a whistle-stop tour of the news, results and impending fixtures.

The exam period is set to claim two of the Lazy Pandas wide-eyed highlander hopefuls, as both Stevepander and tracker declare their desire to finish first in life rather than last in the Premiership. The announcement comes at the end of a week where Lazy Pandas fielded players on both sides of the ETF2L Highlander Season 6 Grand Final; Hildreth, zoob, Stevepander and their Highpander cohorts ultimately laying the smackdown on itsallgood featuring Muuki and Lazybear.

I can hear your shrill proclamation ringing out already, “Why doth thou speaketh of highlander, scourge of competitive play, you bulbous potato man?” Well the relevance is that Lazy Pandas can now fully focus on their 6v6 conquests and further to that, stepping in on medic will be Highpander scout, Kissakala! The vacant scattergun will be picked up by former GGWP.pro and 4-25 scout, yangpie, adding some much needed experience to their flank.

rockit 4 - 2 GGWP.pro
Badlands 5 - 0
Gullywash 2 - 3
4-25 3 - 3 Fenneks eSports by Simrai.com
Gullywash 2 - 6
Badlands 5 - 4
Lazy Pandas 0 - 6 BFF
Gullywash 1 - 3
Badlands 2 - 7
Epsilon eSports by Fragnet Networks 6 - 0 Saints
Badlands 5 - 0
Gullywash 5 - 0

The ETF2L Season 18 powered by Tt eSports Premiership at end of Week 3

The reappearance of Turbine Pro was treated by many as a floater in the ETF2L Map Pool. Not this guy! No matter how hard you try to swim away from it, it just seems to get closer. Here we are in Week 3 and the Turbine turd has got you cornered... or is that just a discarded candy bar?

The map will be played under the once revolutionary ESL format; a best of three rounds, each round with a win limit of 5 flag captures or 10 minutes play time. It doesn’t look like many of our Premiership teams had been testing the waters in the lead up to Week 3, but a few have gone in head first. Scotland’s greatest son since JimmyBreeze, our boy fraac, has produced the goods again this week with a highly concentrated dose of practise logs.

The one that got away

I’m not sure if I speak for my fellow rockiteers when I say that I was really looking forward to the chance to play the “best team” on the least practised map, right at the moment they were looking their weakest so far this season after being floored on more than one occasion in practise by BFF.

What a missed opportunity now that Epsilon eSports have decided to wildcard the game, or perhaps a well calculated move, that one Epsilon fan might be thinking to himself -- seriously who actually cheers for those robots?! Anyway! Expect Epsilon to steamroll six points here when they come back with their freshly upgraded super team sans HYS.

rockit
*Admirable* *hocz* *WARHURYEAH* *smzi* *cookye* *qnx*
Medic Pocket Demoman Scout Scout Roamer
*Raymon* *KnOxXx* *HYS* *Kiler4fun* *basH.* *Mike*
Epsilon eSports by Fragnet Networks

ETF2L Wildcarded with coverage from TFTV to be announced.

Mystery Predictor #1:

That shit medic Admirable's balding brilliance wont be a match versus Epsilon. WAR's aim theory will fail. rockit's scouts will be stronger and basH will be the weakest scout. Mike and KnOxXx to be vastly superior to their counterparts. Maybe WAR can bring an upset just by playing better than HYS. 3-5 0-2.

Mystery Predictor #2:

Rockit will get pooped on by Epsilon. I don't know how else to put this, but Epsi are just going to be aiming for a dominating performance here. Since they haven't played Turbine at all though it is an opportunity for an upset, but rockit have not practiced either and they're a very messy team. Premiership teams showed their support for Turbine at the beginning of the season and the awesome admin team reintroduced the map, and now nobody is bothering to practice it. Shitlords. 5-0 2-0.

Something something hype

Slowly it will become apparent to you that I had written the first half this article three days prior and am now just rushing through the remainder of it whilst trying to pack a suitcase for an international journey set to commence in less than six hours from now.

4-25
*Dikker* *Shyyou* *Death* *sid vicious* *kensi.* *comedown*
*ondkaja* *rag!* *Smirre* *alba* *Dennia* *cAPS*
Saints

ETF2L Scheduled for 21:15CEST on Wednesday 28th May with coverage from TFTV.

Mystery Predictor #1:

This might be a close game but Saints don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. 5-0 2-0.

Mystery Predictor #2:

4-25 and Saints should be fairly close but I expect 4-25 to take it. Even ondkaja (the worst demoman in the whole of Europe) doesn't believe in his team. It'll be a battle of "who can dribble the most" but ondkaja will win with aplomb. 4-1 2-1.

Tag line

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

GGWP.pro
*Whiteglow* *Forsak3n* *gdk* *reko* *atomic-* *ShaDowBurn*
*Kissakala* *zoob* *Hildreth* *yangpie* *Lazybear* *Muuki*
Lazy Pandas

ETF2L Scheduled for 21:15CEST on Thursday 29th May with coverage from TFTV to be announced.

Mystery Predictor #1:

Hopefully close game. Lazy Pandas need to bring their A-game and probably even have Herr P mercing again (lol tracker prem). ShaDowBurn to burn shadows, however Lazybear to be the strongest scout. Forsak3n and ShaDowBurn are the ones to really dominate the game. Hildreth and gdk will be the deciding factors in the game. 4-3 1-2.

Mystery Predictor #2:

GGWP should beat Lazy Pandas, they have the experience and deathmatch advantage. However, it may be optimistic, but on Turbine I expect the Lazy Pandas to pull something out the bag and try to upset GGWP. Not enough to win it, but enough to scare them. 6-1 2-1.

Going Wild?

The absence of fl1p and some other availability question marks for BFF may well see them leaning towards usage of a wildcard. Fenneks eSports might not be so flippant as to allow the clockwork stand-in if they caught the Week 1 action on the tubes tonight.

Fenneks eSports by SimRai.com
*skeej* *KLar* *ryb* *gf18_idiot* *wltrs* *KillAri*
*Mirelin* *Zebbosai* *kaidus* *fl1p* *Stark* *Knutsson*
BFF

ETF2L Scheduled for 21:15CEST on Thursday 29th May with coverage from TFTV to be announced.

Mystery Predictor #1:

If BFF plays like they did against Lazy Pandas then they are gonna need to get some toilet papers cause it stinks of poop, fabreeze dat shit. wltrs needs to play his best as to not get wrecked by Stark and fl1p. KillAri and Knuttson will each be bait for the other team to take. kaidus to dominate his section of the game. fl1p to get the most captures on Turbine. 3-5 0-2.

Mystery Predictor #2:

Fenneks are going to get anally pounded by BFF. It'll be interesting to see if they'll be able to do anything on Turbine, but with the smart players on BFF I think it'll be a domination on both maps. I am not expecting many rounds to be lost here. 6-1 2-0.

Last week's Mystery Men were #1 ondkaja of Saints and #2 Forsak3n of GGWP... or was it the other way round? Oh and I should mention that this week’s mystery predictors are not currently playing in the Premiership. Shame on me.

5 Frags +

Bravo!

Bravo!
4 Frags +
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

OK

[quote]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.[/quote]
OK
0 Frags +

I translated that from latin and that's the most eloquent paragraph you've ever written Ads. Really pulling out all the stops for these articles, and finding amazing mystery writers too.

I translated that from latin and that's the most eloquent paragraph you've ever written Ads. Really pulling out all the stops for these articles, and finding amazing mystery writers too.
1 Frags +

Nam suscipit aliquam orci in commodo. Nullam at molestie tortor. Praesent sodales felis ut enim euismod, non tristique nisi faucibus. Curabitur volutpat nisl quis justo feugiat tempus. Phasellus at dui a risus pellentesque elementum. Phasellus pulvinar felis a ante commodo hendrerit. Donec sagittis turpis ut turpis iaculis, ut lobortis orci euismod.

[quote]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.[/quote]
Nam suscipit aliquam orci in commodo. Nullam at molestie tortor. Praesent sodales felis ut enim euismod, non tristique nisi faucibus. Curabitur volutpat nisl quis justo feugiat tempus. Phasellus at dui a risus pellentesque elementum. Phasellus pulvinar felis a ante commodo hendrerit. Donec sagittis turpis ut turpis iaculis, ut lobortis orci euismod.
8 Frags +

http://www.vanillatf2.org/2014/05/epsi-kicking-hys/

http://www.vanillatf2.org/2014/05/epsi-kicking-hys/
2 Frags +

calling mystery predictor #1 to be ethug and #2 to be sideshow

calling mystery predictor #1 to be ethug and #2 to be sideshow
0 Frags +

mystery predictor 2 is definitely sideshow

mystery predictor 2 is definitely sideshow
0 Frags +

"bulbous potato man"

Entertaining and enlightening, keep up the excellent work.

"bulbous potato man"

Entertaining and enlightening, keep up the excellent work.
2 Frags +

Awesome stuff, keep it up!

Awesome stuff, keep it up!
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.