Upvote Upvoted 23 Downvote Downvoted
mge accuracy %
0 Frags +

why was this removed? besides this stat and airshots i dont care about mge.. lets be real

#bringback%accuracy

why was this removed? besides this stat and airshots i dont care about mge.. lets be real

#bringback%accuracy
4 Frags +

I never understood why they removed it... it was really helpful back when I played scout

I never understood why they removed it... it was really helpful back when I played scout
6 Frags +

i liked having higher accuracy on scout but losing because i hit lots of 9s

i liked having higher accuracy on scout but losing because i hit lots of 9s
13 Frags +

can we also bring back 5v5 DM
i miss it

can we also bring back 5v5 DM
i miss it
-2 Frags +

bring back sniper in dm its part of the fucking game deal with it

bring back sniper in dm its part of the fucking game deal with it
4 Frags +

I think the reason accuracy was removed is because there is no good way to measure it in the Source Engine. Most ways attempt to simulate it but aren't perfect and use a lot of resources in trying to come up with an answer.

I think the reason accuracy was removed is because there is no good way to measure it in the Source Engine. Most ways attempt to simulate it but aren't perfect and use a lot of resources in trying to come up with an answer.
6 Frags +
thesupremecommanderI think the reason accuracy was removed is because there is no good way to measure it in the Source Engine. Most ways attempt to simulate it but aren't perfect and use a lot of resources in trying to come up with an answer.

More or less this. Determining accuracy in MGEMod involved, on every single game frame, scanning every weapon held by every player and checking to see if its ammo had decreased. To my knowledge, there is no in-game event that can be hooked when a player shoots and misses, so this was a workaround. It's possible there are better workarounds, but it was way too much hassle for a minor feature that most people did not care about.

[quote=thesupremecommander]I think the reason accuracy was removed is because there is no good way to measure it in the Source Engine. Most ways attempt to simulate it but aren't perfect and use a lot of resources in trying to come up with an answer.[/quote]

More or less this. Determining accuracy in MGEMod involved, on every single game frame, scanning every weapon held by every player and checking to see if its ammo had decreased. To my knowledge, there is no in-game event that can be hooked when a player shoots and misses, so this was a workaround. It's possible there are better workarounds, but it was way too much hassle for a minor feature that most people did not care about.
1 Frags +
thesupremecommanderI think the reason accuracy was removed is because there is no good way to measure it in the Source Engine. Most ways attempt to simulate it but aren't perfect and use a lot of resources in trying to come up with an answer.

Hit percentage. Did he shoot? Yes. Did he hit?

Edit: Dumpstered by lange. I'm leaving this here though because I felt it was a fair assumption.

[quote=thesupremecommander]I think the reason accuracy was removed is because there is no good way to measure it in the Source Engine. Most ways attempt to simulate it but aren't perfect and use a lot of resources in trying to come up with an answer.[/quote]
Hit percentage. Did he shoot? Yes. Did he hit?

Edit: Dumpstered by lange. I'm leaving this here though because I felt it was a fair assumption.
0 Frags +
LangethesupremecommanderI think the reason accuracy was removed is because there is no good way to measure it in the Source Engine. Most ways attempt to simulate it but aren't perfect and use a lot of resources in trying to come up with an answer.

is there an in-game event for when a player is hit?

if there is, would it be possible to check the shooter's ammo when he hits his target, and compare that ammo to his ammo the last time he hit?

[quote=Lange][quote=thesupremecommander]I think the reason accuracy was removed is because there is no good way to measure it in the Source Engine. Most ways attempt to simulate it but aren't perfect and use a lot of resources in trying to come up with an answer.[/quote]

More or less this. Determining accuracy in MGEMod involved, on every single game frame, scanning every weapon held by every player and checking to see if its ammo had decreased. To my knowledge, there is no in-game event that can be hooked when a player shoots and misses, so this was a workaround. It's possible there are better workarounds, but it was way too much hassle for a minor feature that most people did not care about.[/quote]
is there an in-game event for when a player is hit?

if there is, would it be possible to check the shooter's ammo when he hits his target, and compare that ammo to his ammo the last time he hit?
0 Frags +
AloSecif there is, would it be possible to check the shooter's ammo when he hits his target, and compare that ammo to his ammo the last time he hit?

Far too many things can happen between the time a player is hit twice. What if, between the first and second hit, the attacker shot 3 times and reloaded? What if the attacker shot once and reloaded? You would not be able to tell between those two scenarios. There are several other scenarios like this that all make that method inaccurate.

EDIT: I suppose you could look at reserve ammo as well, but that is also not reliable because they could pick up ammo, or die and respawn, etc. The number of workarounds built on top of workarounds rapidly spirals out of control and takes over the whole codebase just for this one feature.

[quote=AloSec]if there is, would it be possible to check the shooter's ammo when he hits his target, and compare that ammo to his ammo the last time he hit?[/quote]

Far too many things can happen between the time a player is hit twice. What if, between the first and second hit, the attacker shot 3 times and reloaded? What if the attacker shot once and reloaded? You would not be able to tell between those two scenarios. There are several other scenarios like this that all make that method inaccurate.

EDIT: I suppose you could look at reserve ammo as well, but that is also not reliable because they could pick up ammo, or die and respawn, etc. The number of workarounds built on top of workarounds rapidly spirals out of control and takes over the whole codebase just for this one feature.
1 Frags +

F2 has accuracy in logs from the lego server. Magic? :/

F2 has accuracy in logs from the lego server. Magic? :/
0 Frags +

i'd imagine something like this would work

find an event that gets triggered when somebody fires hit or miss, such as TF2_CalcIsAttackCritical. increment the variable for their shots_fired here.

find an event that gets triggered when somebody takes damage, such as player_hurt. increment the variable for the attacker's shots_hit

i'd imagine something like this would work

find an event that gets triggered when somebody fires hit or miss, such as [u]TF2_CalcIsAttackCritical[/u]. increment the variable for their shots_fired here.

find an event that gets triggered when somebody takes damage, such as [u]player_hurt[/u]. increment the variable for the attacker's shots_hit
5 Frags +

Can you add something where at the end of each map in the DM servers it shows everyone's damage (like a sizzling stats page for each map or something? It would show who's doing all the damage and who is just cleaning up. I think it's a needed addition to the DM servers. Thoughts?

Can you add something where at the end of each map in the DM servers it shows everyone's damage (like a sizzling stats page for each map or something? It would show who's doing all the damage and who is just cleaning up. I think it's a needed addition to the DM servers. Thoughts?
2 Frags +
turtsmcgurtsi'd imagine something like this would work

find an event that gets triggered when somebody fires hit or miss, such as TF2_CalcIsAttackCritical. increment the variable for their shots_fired here.

find an event that gets triggered when somebody takes damage, such as player_hurt. increment the variable for the attacker's shots_hit

TF2_CalcIsAttackCritical is a good candidate, but if you turn off crits that event never fires. Additionally, last I checked, leaving crits on to take advantage of this event but programmatically disabling crits by returning PLUGIN_HANDLED (or something similar) results in prediction errors for the client. In other words, the client would still see and hear crit effects when they were expected to crit, but would not actually do critical damage. While this is only a cosmetic issue, I feel it would cause significant confusion.

dflameCan you add something where at the end of each map in the DM servers it shows everyone's damage (like a sizzling stats page for each map or something? It would show who's doing all the damage and who is just cleaning up. I think it's a needed addition to the DM servers. Thoughts?

Why are stats important in DM? Why does it matter who is doing the most damage and who is cleaning up?

zenF2 has accuracy in logs from the lego server. Magic? :/

That probably also uses some kind of OnGameFrame-based workaround, though I can't be sure as his plugins are closed-source as is TFTrue. I'd be happy if he came in and announced there was a better way of tracking accuracy though.

[quote=turtsmcgurts]i'd imagine something like this would work

find an event that gets triggered when somebody fires hit or miss, such as [u]TF2_CalcIsAttackCritical[/u]. increment the variable for their shots_fired here.

find an event that gets triggered when somebody takes damage, such as [u]player_hurt[/u]. increment the variable for the attacker's shots_hit[/quote]

TF2_CalcIsAttackCritical is a good candidate, but if you turn off crits that event never fires. Additionally, last I checked, leaving crits on to take advantage of this event but programmatically disabling crits by returning PLUGIN_HANDLED (or something similar) results in prediction errors for the client. In other words, the client would still see and hear crit effects when they were expected to crit, but would not actually do critical damage. While this is only a cosmetic issue, I feel it would cause significant confusion.

[quote=dflame]Can you add something where at the end of each map in the DM servers it shows everyone's damage (like a sizzling stats page for each map or something? It would show who's doing all the damage and who is just cleaning up. I think it's a needed addition to the DM servers. Thoughts?[/quote]

Why are stats important in DM? Why does it matter who is doing the most damage and who is cleaning up?

[quote=zen]F2 has accuracy in logs from the lego server. Magic? :/[/quote]

That probably also uses some kind of OnGameFrame-based workaround, though I can't be sure as his plugins are closed-source as is TFTrue. I'd be happy if he came in and announced there was a better way of tracking accuracy though.
-8 Frags +

its important because dm is about showing everyone how big ur dick is and not about getting better for matches

its important because dm is about showing everyone how big ur dick is and not about getting better for matches
0 Frags +

why would you need to see how much damage you did on a dm server? most people just use it as a warmup

why would you need to see how much damage you did on a dm server? most people just use it as a warmup
0 Frags +

holy shit guys ninjad by like a minute

holy shit guys ninjad by like a minute
5 Frags +
LangedflameCan you add something where at the end of each map in the DM servers it shows everyone's damage (like a sizzling stats page for each map or something? It would show who's doing all the damage and who is just cleaning up. I think it's a needed addition to the DM servers. Thoughts?

I guess it's not really all that important but it would be a nice addition to the DM servers imo. It's just annoying when you are in a DM server and you hit a soldier for 190 or something and then some random guy spawns and gets the kill. I guess it's more or less just me complaining but either way would be cool to add but I also do agree that you should add sniper back into it. As far as 5v5... I'm completely against this unless there are some class limits. And for MGE, please bring back the accuracy stat.

Edit: Clearly DM is to help with improving your overall DM and warming up. Like honestly, I could careless if they add this into the DM servers, I just think it's a nice addition.

[quote=Lange]

[quote=dflame]Can you add something where at the end of each map in the DM servers it shows everyone's damage (like a sizzling stats page for each map or something? It would show who's doing all the damage and who is just cleaning up. I think it's a needed addition to the DM servers. Thoughts?[/quote]

Why are stats important in DM? Why does it matter who is doing the most damage and who is cleaning up?[/quote]

I guess it's not really all that important but it would be a nice addition to the DM servers imo. It's just annoying when you are in a DM server and you hit a soldier for 190 or something and then some random guy spawns and gets the kill. I guess it's more or less just me complaining but either way would be cool to add but I also do agree that you should add sniper back into it. As far as 5v5... I'm completely against this unless there are some class limits. And for MGE, please bring back the accuracy stat.

Edit: Clearly DM is to help with improving your overall DM and warming up. Like honestly, I could careless if they add this into the DM servers, I just think it's a nice addition.
3 Frags +
dflameI also do agree that you should add sniper back into it.

Class limits have nothing to do with the actual SOAP TF2DM plugin, and are set on a per-sever basis by that server's administrator. Talk to the owner of your DM server if you want to see class limits changed.

dflameI think it's a needed addition to the DM servers. Thoughts?dflameLike honestly, I could careless if they add this into the DM servers, I just think it's a nice addition.

?

[quote=dflame]I also do agree that you should add sniper back into it.[/quote]

Class limits have nothing to do with the actual SOAP TF2DM plugin, and are set on a per-sever basis by that server's administrator. Talk to the owner of your DM server if you want to see class limits changed.

[quote=dflame]I think it's a needed addition to the DM servers. Thoughts?[/quote]
[quote=dflame]Like honestly, I could careless if they add this into the DM servers, I just think it's a nice addition.[/quote]

?
5 Frags +
Langeturtsmcgurtsi'd imagine something like this would work

TF2_CalcIsAttackCritical is a good candidate, but if you turn off crits that event never fires.

Actually, it works just fine. This is the method a friend and I have used in a plugin for just under two years. I just hopped in game to confirm, just to make sure I wasn't crazy.

in short, that event is called with criticals set to false. http://i.imgur.com/gD6ibWf.jpg

[quote=Lange][quote=turtsmcgurts]i'd imagine something like this would work

find an event that gets triggered when somebody takes damage, such as [u]player_hurt[/u]. increment the variable for the attacker's shots_hit[/quote]

TF2_CalcIsAttackCritical is a good candidate, but if you turn off crits that event never fires. [/quote]

Actually, it works just fine. This is the method a friend and I have used in a plugin for just under two years. I just hopped in game to confirm, just to make sure I wasn't crazy.

in short, that event is called with criticals set to false. http://i.imgur.com/gD6ibWf.jpg
3 Frags +
LangedflameI think it's a needed addition to the DM servers. Thoughts?dflameLike honestly, I could careless if they add this into the DM servers, I just think it's a nice addition.
?

What I'm saying is that I would like to have that added to the DM servers but if it weren't added I wouldn't be upset about it.

[quote=Lange]

[quote=dflame]I think it's a needed addition to the DM servers. Thoughts?[/quote]
[quote=dflame]Like honestly, I could careless if they add this into the DM servers, I just think it's a nice addition.[/quote]

?[/quote]

What I'm saying is that I would like to have that added to the DM servers but if it weren't added I wouldn't be upset about it.
1 Frags +
turtsmcgurtsActually, it works just fine. This is the method a friend and I have used in a plugin for just under two years. I just hopped in game to confirm, just to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Oh wow, either that has changed since I first started developing MGEMod (almost four years ago!) or I was doing it very wrong. Good to know! I guess accuracy stats are no longer that absurd.

That said, I haven't touched the MGEMod codebase in quite some time and am busy with other projects. Though there's nothing stopping any of you from adding them and submitting a pull request!

[quote=turtsmcgurts]Actually, it works just fine. This is the method a friend and I have used in a plugin for just under two years. I just hopped in game to confirm, just to make sure I wasn't crazy.[/quote]

Oh wow, either that has changed since I first started developing MGEMod (almost four years ago!) or I was doing it very wrong. Good to know! I guess accuracy stats are no longer that absurd.

That said, I haven't touched the MGEMod codebase in quite some time and am busy with other projects. Though there's nothing stopping any of you from adding them and submitting a [url=https://github.com/Langeh/MGEMod/pulls]pull request[/url]!
Chief Video Editor
-1 Frags +
zenF2 has accuracy in logs from the lego server. Magic? :/

Magic.

[quote=zen]F2 has accuracy in logs from the lego server. Magic? :/[/quote]

Magic.
1 Frags +
kevcan we also bring back 5v5 DM
i miss it

oh hell yeah

[quote=kev]can we also bring back 5v5 DM
i miss it[/quote]

oh hell yeah
1 Frags +

In my quest to improve my scouting, I've been DMing a lot. What I would love to see is my percentage of damage done vs optimal damage.

Since I die all the time to dumb things in DM, I don't pay attention to kills or deaths. I just try to hit every shot for an optimal amount of damage based on the distance. So I estimate the amount of damage I should do ideally, based on the distance I am away. 100 if pt blank, 40 if mid/far, etc. I do it mentally in my head, but it would be nice to know for sure.

Is there any way to do this client-side? I imagine it would use a lot of resources server side, it's probably not doable.

In my quest to improve my scouting, I've been DMing a lot. What I would love to see is my percentage of damage done vs optimal damage.

Since I die all the time to dumb things in DM, I don't pay attention to kills or deaths. I just try to hit every shot for an optimal amount of damage based on the distance. So I estimate the amount of damage I should do ideally, based on the distance I am away. 100 if pt blank, 40 if mid/far, etc. I do it mentally in my head, but it would be nice to know for sure.

Is there any way to do this client-side? I imagine it would use a lot of resources server side, it's probably not doable.
0 Frags +
miwoIn my quest to improve my scouting, I've been DMing a lot. What I would love to see is my percentage of damage done vs optimal damage.

Not without a client plugin, and that means you'd have to be in insecure mode, so it wouldn't work in most if not all DM servers.

I would imagine that it could be done server-side, but as you said it would use up a lot of resources.

[quote=miwo]In my quest to improve my scouting, I've been DMing a lot. What I would love to see is my percentage of damage done vs optimal damage.

Is there any way to do this client-side? I imagine it would use a lot of resources server side, it's probably not doable.[/quote]
Not without a client plugin, and that means you'd have to be in insecure mode, so it wouldn't work in most if not all DM servers.

I would imagine that it could be done server-side, but as you said it would use up a lot of resources.
0 Frags +
miwoIn my quest to improve my scouting, I've been DMing a lot. What I would love to see is my percentage of damage done vs optimal damage.

That actually might be possible to do server-side. I think the formula for tf2's damage falloff is readily available so this could potentially be calculated. It does get tricky though because you also have to account for the spread of the scatter pellets. At 100 feet, each pellet may do X damage but it's not possible to hit someone with all of them like it is at close range, so that would need to be accounted for.

[quote=miwo]In my quest to improve my scouting, I've been DMing a lot. What I would love to see is my percentage of damage done vs optimal damage.

Is there any way to do this client-side? I imagine it would use a lot of resources server side, it's probably not doable.[/quote]

That actually might be possible to do server-side. I think the formula for tf2's damage falloff is readily available so this could potentially be calculated. It does get tricky though because you also have to account for the spread of the scatter pellets. At 100 feet, each pellet may do X damage but it's not possible to hit someone with all of them like it is at close range, so that would need to be accounted for.
1 Frags +

is there a damage per shot and a shots fired?

is there a damage per shot and a shots fired?
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.