Upvote Upvoted 78 Downvote Downvoted
1 2
TeamFortress.TV Invitational - Powered by Twitch
posted in News
BLoodSire
June 13, 2014

There are some things in this world where "more" just makes sense. Warmer weather and longer days? Yes please. More time off from the grind of work and classes? Sign me up! 16 of the hottest teams across all divisions locking horns in a 10-day, Twitch-powered, live-casted, grand-contested invitational tournament for money, fame, and glory? Wait, wait. Let me think about this. . .ummm. . .well. . .YES! A thousand times yes.

What the Heck is Happening?

TFTV is proud to announce that in just 2 days time, the first union between the TF community and Twitch will officially kick off. Beginning this Sunday, June 15th, and concluding on Wednesday, June 25th, 16 of the very best TF2 teams plucked from Invite, Intermediate, and Open will compete for their share of the $2,500 total prize pot. Each night of the tournament, production teams, including yours truly, will be bringing you live portions of the action as it unfolds for all your insatiable viewing pleasures. Expect heated matches, long anticipated pre-LAN match-ups, and above all else—an overload of meaningful TF2. Are you freaking out yet? I am, and that's not good because there are more words to write.

How the Heck will it Work?

Good question. To start, the event will divide teams into 4 groups of 4, with 2 winners from each group advancing into the next round. Once the 8 victors from this preliminary round are decided, teams will be placed into a double-elimination bracket. You'll be able to track the progress of each team on the Event page hosted on CEVO's beautiful tournament platform. From here you can check out a whole bunch of cool things like standings, prizes, and oh my god lets just stop talking and get to the teams before these tears of joy blind my eyes. . .

Who now?

You can view a complete list of the teams, their seeds, tags and rosters, here.

Friends, you've had your ESEA season. You've also had your CEVO season. There's been a CEVO tournament, and in 2 weeks there will be an ESEA LAN. I bet you thought that was just about all the hootin' tootin' awesomeness one competitive community could take. Well Twitch thinks you thought wrong. Prepare yourself for non-stop TF2 action, live upfront coverage, and 10 days of high-stakes competition.

Take off the flippers and put down the swimmies. TFTV and Twitch are about to kick off summer the most glorious way possible. What more could you possibly want?

15 Frags +

hype

hype
25 Frags +

Thank you, John!

Thank you, John!
33 Frags +

You da real MVP John

You da real MVP John
2 Frags +

mazel tov

mazel tov
6 Frags +

how do ringers/subs work?

how do ringers/subs work?
8 Frags +

1st round already played lol

1st round already played lol
5 Frags +

16 teams, not 17? Great read, great event

Also 'they'll' should be there'll I believe. Bloodsire you english major you

16 teams, not 17? Great read, great event

7 Frags +

17th team is a secret team of pre-Season 10 legends...

17th team is a secret team of pre-Season 10 legends...
2 Frags +

Thank you Based John! Looking forward to some good matches.

Thank you Based John! Looking forward to some good matches.
18 Frags +

cafe monster???

cafe monster???
Twitch
49 Frags +

Who needs the World Cup when you have TF2 electronic sports

Who needs the World Cup when you have TF2 electronic sports
6 Frags +
haz16 teams, not 17? Great read, great event

No no, I was talking "in character" ... of someone not as smart as we both know I should be

[quote=haz]16 teams, not 17? Great read, great event

Also 'they'll' should be there'll I believe. Bloodsire you english major you[/quote]

No no, I was talking "in character" ... of someone not as smart as we both know I should be
-6 Frags +
TwitchTVJohnWho needs the World Cup when you have TF2 electronic sports

I was gonna say something about how soccer is more important than tf2 then i realized this was probably the wrong place to make that argument.

[quote=TwitchTVJohn]Who needs the World Cup when you have TF2 electronic sports[/quote]

I was gonna say something about how soccer is more important than tf2 then i realized this was probably the wrong place to make that argument.
2 Frags +
Warmer weather and longer days?

No please. Not without a/c. @__@

[quote]Warmer weather and longer days?[/quote]

No please. Not without a/c. @__@
1 Frags +

Am I seeing this correctly, or has 6cuties forfeited their group match against Exertus?

Am I seeing this correctly, or has 6cuties forfeited their group match against Exertus?
13 Frags +

:D

[url=http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/8/83/Dlc_stanleyparable_announcer_welcome_21.mp3]:D[/url]
Twitch
3 Frags +
LKincheloeAm I seeing this correctly, or has 6cuties forfeited their group match against Exertus?

Scheduling conflict. They had to play their match early.

[quote=LKincheloe]Am I seeing this correctly, or has 6cuties forfeited their group match against Exertus?[/quote]

Scheduling conflict. They had to play their match early.
10 Frags +

No Post Apocalyptic?

No Post Apocalyptic?
1 Frags +

Ayeeeeeeeeee!

Ayeeeeeeeeee!
0 Frags +

:D hype for the ameriky

:D hype for the ameriky
-1 Frags +

Meat Market not playing? :/

Meat Market not playing? :/
4 Frags +
NebulaMeat Market not playing? :/

Arizona Iced Out Boys not there as well, unless I'm missing something.

[quote=Nebula]Meat Market not playing? :/[/quote]
Arizona Iced Out Boys not there as well, unless I'm missing something.
5 Frags +
Kapowwhow do ringers/subs work?

They must be on your CEVO roster to play, but rosters will be unlocked for the entirety of the event.

haz16 teams, not 17?

It is 16, bloodsire can't count.

As for cafe monster being in over Meat Market and Arizona Iced Out Boys, I asked both of those teams first and they both declined. Cafe monster was next on the list of backups.

[quote=Kapoww]how do ringers/subs work?[/quote]

They must be on your CEVO roster to play, but rosters will be unlocked for the entirety of the event.

[quote=haz]16 teams, not 17?[/quote]

It is 16, bloodsire can't count.

As for cafe monster being in over Meat Market and Arizona Iced Out Boys, I asked both of those teams first and they both declined. Cafe monster was next on the list of backups.
4 Frags +

I honestly have 0 idea where the number 17 came from. I never counted. I would have sworn someone told me 17 teams but I can't find that anywhere sooo off I go to put some money down on the number 17

and I was thinking, "this makes no sense, 17 teams? 4 groups of 4? oh well they said 17..."

I don't do drugs.

I honestly have 0 idea where the number 17 came from. I never counted. I would have sworn someone told me 17 teams but I can't find that anywhere sooo off I go to put some money down on the number 17

and I was thinking, "this makes no sense, 17 teams? 4 groups of 4? oh well they said 17..."

I don't do drugs.
8 Frags +

Good luck to all the teams and thanks to Twitch, CEVO & tftv for being able to host a great tournament. Hopefully I'll be allowed to cast one of the weekend games due to my work being during the day during the week :D?

Good luck to all the teams and thanks to Twitch, CEVO & tftv for being able to host a great tournament. Hopefully I'll be allowed to cast one of the weekend games due to my work being during the day during the week :D?
0 Frags +

When will the vods of the second round be up on youtube?

When will the vods of the second round be up on youtube?
0 Frags +

Just curious, is there a bracket anywhere? I'm sadly not at home when the streams go on so it would be really nice to be able to watch the vods in proper order for sure using a bracket.

Thanks and thanks for the work you guys are doing!

Just curious, is there a bracket anywhere? I'm sadly not at home when the streams go on so it would be really nice to be able to watch the vods in proper order for sure using a bracket.

1 Frags +
DaMeiNJust curious, is there a bracket anywhere? I'm sadly not at home when the streams go on so it would be really nice to be able to watch the vods in proper order for sure using a bracket.

bracket

[quote=DaMeiN]Just curious, is there a bracket anywhere? I'm sadly not at home when the streams go on so it would be really nice to be able to watch the vods in proper order for sure using a bracket.

Thanks and thanks for the work you guys are doing![/quote]
[url=http://cevo.com/event/TFTVInvitational/bracket/smbb7gdf]bracket[/url]
0 Frags +

God Bless Clockwork's little sniping soul.

God Bless Clockwork's little sniping soul.
0 Frags +

3-3

THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT

3-3

THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.