Upvote Upvoted 0 Downvote Downvoted
Mouse dead
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

So about 2 months ago my mouse(steel series sensei) started to disconnects for a couple seconds and reconnects. This is a nuisance and it effects my play a lot. Today I tried connecting it to another USB port which resulted in a blinking light under the scroll wheel. My mouse stopped working and my monitor gave me a message saying something like device malfunction. I figured this had something to do with the firmware so I looked it up and tried a lot of things, but I've not had any luck thus far. I am seriously considering getting a new mice because steel series are shit but I don't think I have enough money in my pocket right now.

TLDR: Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this and if I were to consider a new mice what would you guys recommend. I was thinking either a zowie FK1, DA or zowie ec2 evo.

So about 2 months ago my mouse(steel series sensei) started to disconnects for a couple seconds and reconnects. This is a nuisance and it effects my play a lot. Today I tried connecting it to another USB port which resulted in a blinking light under the scroll wheel. My mouse stopped working and my monitor gave me a message saying something like device malfunction. I figured this had something to do with the firmware so I looked it up and tried a lot of things, but I've not had any luck thus far. I am seriously considering getting a new mice because steel series are shit but I don't think I have enough money in my pocket right now.

TLDR: Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this and if I were to consider a new mice what would you guys recommend. I was thinking either a zowie FK1, DA or zowie ec2 evo.
2 Frags +

My Logitech mice did that. I believe it was the cable that was broken or something.

I have the Ec1 and it's great so far. I went for the 1 instead of the 2 because I figured the MX518/G400 were bigger mice, but now I kind of wish I did get the Ec2.
(So my vote goes to the Ec2.)

My Logitech mice did that. I believe it was the cable that was broken or something.

I have the Ec1 and it's great so far. I went for the 1 instead of the 2 because I figured the MX518/G400 were bigger mice, but now I kind of wish I did get the Ec2.
(So my vote goes to the Ec2.)
0 Frags +

if you're playing with a sensei then the most similar mouse in terms of shape to that would be a FK / FK1. so that is what i recommend

if you're playing with a sensei then the most similar mouse in terms of shape to that would be a FK / FK1. so that is what i recommend
-2 Frags +

you can try opening it up and replacing it with a similiar cable, if you have one, from another mouse. Otherwise If you liked the shape i would probably get the same mouse again.

you can try opening it up and replacing it with a similiar cable, if you have one, from another mouse. Otherwise If you liked the shape i would probably get the same mouse again.
14 Frags +

http://i.imgur.com/H2bvGa8.jpg

[img]http://i.imgur.com/H2bvGa8.jpg[/img]
-4 Frags +

pls

pls
-1 Frags +

ur not even italian

ur not even italian
-3 Frags +
messiahJur not even italian

THANKS MOM

[quote=messiahJ]ur not even italian[/quote]

THANKS MOM
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.