Upvote Upvoted 4 Downvote Downvoted
How good/bad is hotel internet.
posted in Off Topic
0 Frags +

Is hotel internet good enough to play tf2 without lagging horribly? Does it vary based on what hotel you're in?

Is hotel internet good enough to play tf2 without lagging horribly? Does it vary based on what hotel you're in?
16 Frags +

BAD.

BAD.
1 Frags +

I'm at a hotel right now and I can play tf2 but I'm getting like 75 ping to servers I usually get 30 to

I'm at a hotel right now and I can play tf2 but I'm getting like 75 ping to servers I usually get 30 to
25 Frags +

no it does not vary every hotel in the world has the same internet connection

no it does not vary every hotel in the world has the same internet connection
9 Frags +
Bapeno it does not vary every hotel in the world has the same internet connection

Ok on second thought that was a pretty dumb question to ask lol.

I'm just asking because I have to go on a unexpected trip this weekend and I'm trying to figure out whether I should try to play in my ugc match or try to get a backup to play for me.

Thanks everyone for your helpful responses!

[quote=Bape]no it does not vary every hotel in the world has the same internet connection[/quote]
Ok on second thought that was a pretty dumb question to ask lol.

I'm just asking because I have to go on a unexpected trip this weekend and I'm trying to figure out whether I should try to play in my ugc match or try to get a backup to play for me.

Thanks everyone for your helpful responses!
11 Frags +

its bad when i try to measure the internet speed on speedtest.net and it times out

its bad when i try to measure the internet speed on speedtest.net and it times out
2 Frags +
iFY_its bad when i try to measure the internet speed on speedtest.net and it times out

literally san diego
oh and i had a record of 1856 ping on a NY server.. while in a CA hotel

[quote=iFY_]its bad when i try to measure the internet speed on speedtest.net and it times out[/quote]
literally san diego
oh and i had a record of 1856 ping on a NY server.. while in a CA hotel
3 Frags +

i know some hotel internets are really good if you pay a premium

i know a streamer i follow travels a ton for his job, so he streams from the hotels he stays at when he can

the best hotel i've ever been at was probably in LA where i had 50 down and 20 up lol

i know some hotel internets are really good if you pay a premium

i know a streamer i follow travels a ton for his job, so he streams from the hotels he stays at when he can

the best hotel i've ever been at was probably in LA where i had 50 down and 20 up lol
4 Frags +

I've done extensive traveling. In my experience, "decent" hotels usually had crappy connections that were unusable. Staying in something crappy like a Motel 6 always yielded better connections, but obviously the places were typically dumps.

It's kind of hard to give 500 guests access to a 10-100mbps pipe and expect any kind of good results, so your best bet is to pick a place where fewer people are likely to want/use internet connections.

I've done extensive traveling. In my experience, "decent" hotels usually had crappy connections that were unusable. Staying in something crappy like a Motel 6 always yielded better connections, but obviously the places were typically dumps.

It's kind of hard to give 500 guests access to a 10-100mbps pipe and expect any kind of good results, so your best bet is to pick a place where fewer people are likely to want/use internet connections.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.