posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +
con_filter_enable 1
con_filter_text_out "particle"
con_filter_text_out "material"
con_filter_text_out "muzzle"
con_filter_text_out "Cannot update control point"
con_filter_text_out "doesn't have attachment"

Not sure if this is a commonly known feature, but these are the filters I've found to really reduce the amount of generally useless spam the source engine throws in the console. Feel free to add to this if you notice some spam this doesn't cover.

Edit: yeah this goes in the autoexec

[code]con_filter_enable 1
con_filter_text_out "particle"
con_filter_text_out "material"
con_filter_text_out "muzzle"
con_filter_text_out "Cannot update control point"
con_filter_text_out "doesn't have attachment"[/code]

Not sure if this is a commonly known feature, but these are the filters I've found to really reduce the amount of generally useless spam the source engine throws in the console. Feel free to add to this if you notice some spam this doesn't cover.

Edit: yeah this goes in the autoexec
0 Frags +

So you just put this in your autoexec I assume?
edit;
Just saw your post on another thread

So you just put this in your autoexec I assume?
edit;
Just saw your post on another thread
0 Frags +

big thanks for pointing this out, I've been having the console spam messages about being unable to set particles every time I fired a hitscan weapon

I just want to point out to those with a large variety of console error messages it will only use the last posted console text filter, so only one of them is going to work at a time

big thanks for pointing this out, I've been having the console spam messages about being unable to set particles every time I fired a hitscan weapon

I just want to point out to those with a large variety of console error messages it will only use the last posted console text filter, so only one of them is going to work at a time
0 Frags +

wait you can have cvars set to multiple variables? how does that work?

wait you can have cvars set to multiple variables? how does that work?
-3 Frags +

Nice...

http://theludonarrative.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/2014-03-11_00010.jpg

Nice...
[img]http://theludonarrative.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/2014-03-11_00010.jpg[/img]
0 Frags +
Fightmasterbig thanks for pointing this out, I've been having the console spam messages about being unable to set particles every time I fired a hitscan weapon

hooliwait you can have cvars set to multiple variables? how does that work?

Oh crap, forgot about that. Ah well.

[quote=Fightmaster]big thanks for pointing this out, I've been having the console spam messages about being unable to set particles every time I fired a hitscan weapon

I just want to point out to those with a large variety of console error messages it will only use the last posted console text filter, so only one of them is going to work at a time[/quote]

[quote=hooli]wait you can have cvars set to multiple variables? how does that work?[/quote]

Oh crap, forgot about that. Ah well.
0 Frags +

So how would one go about setting the filters to work all together rather than the last posted filter?

So how would one go about setting the filters to work all together rather than the last posted filter?
0 Frags +
ViperStrikerSo how would one go about setting the filters to work all together rather than the last posted filter?

Had a quick google, doesn't seem to work. Although you can set con_filter_enable to 2, not sure what it changes though

[quote=ViperStriker]So how would one go about setting the filters to work all together rather than the last posted filter?[/quote]

Had a quick google, doesn't seem to work. Although you can set con_filter_enable to 2, not sure what it changes though
0 Frags +

Ok after investigation, con_filter_enable 2 highlights the filtered text rather than removing it.
con_filter_text follows the setting from con_filter_enable, the text you set will either be removed or highlighted but con_filter_text_out will always be removed.
That gives two filters at least.

Ok after investigation, con_filter_enable 2 highlights the filtered text rather than removing it.
con_filter_text follows the setting from con_filter_enable, the text you set will either be removed or highlighted but con_filter_text_out will always be removed.
That gives two filters at least.
1 Frags +

I can live with just one, I'll just use the one that occurs most in console.

I can live with just one, I'll just use the one that occurs most in console.
0 Frags +

the highlighting works kinda wonky. instead of highlighting your preferred text, it just makes all other text gray

the highlighting works kinda wonky. instead of highlighting your preferred text, it just makes all other text gray
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.