0 Frags +

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/07/share-your-favorite-content-with-host-mode/

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/07/share-your-favorite-content-with-host-mode/
1 Frags +

So we have a new way to raid?? this is amazing

So we have a new way to raid?? this is amazing
5 Frags +
emoSo we have a new way to raid?? this is amazing

Not really since it won't move everybody to the other stream chat, it's more like a video mirroring.

[quote=emo]So we have a new way to raid?? this is amazing[/quote]
Not really since it won't move everybody to the other stream chat, it's more like a video mirroring.
0 Frags +
cinzaemoSo we have a new way to raid?? this is amazingNot really since it won't move everybody to the other stream chat, it's more like a video mirroring.

I wonder if the views will go to both streams.

[quote=cinza][quote=emo]So we have a new way to raid?? this is amazing[/quote]
Not really since it won't move everybody to the other stream chat, it's more like a video mirroring.[/quote]

I wonder if the views will go to both streams.
0 Frags +

sounds like views go to the hosted channel. so it's basically just viewing a different stream while keeping a separate chat, can't really stream bomb that way

sounds like views go to the hosted channel. so it's basically just viewing a different stream while keeping a separate chat, can't really stream bomb that way
2 Frags +

Yeah let's all read the article first guys. The views go to the hosted stream - that's mentioned twice on the posted link.

This is not stream bombing. It's intended to be a community thing. If you have dozens or hundreds or whatever number of people in your chat and you don't want to send them on their way when you're done streaming, the intention here is you can keep them all chatting and communicating while they watch another stream.

Pretty interesting feature. I've used it already twice. We'll see how it evolves.

Yeah let's all read the article first guys. The views go to the hosted stream - that's mentioned twice on the posted link.

This is not stream bombing. It's intended to be a community thing. If you have dozens or hundreds or whatever number of people in your chat and you don't want to send them on their way when you're done streaming, the intention here is you can keep them all chatting and communicating while they watch another stream.

Pretty interesting feature. I've used it already twice. We'll see how it evolves.
1 Frags +

I like this feature quite a bit as before there wasn't really a great or fair way to do this. When there is a massive event and someone wanted to talk with their chat, they had to either restream it (which is sketchy in the best of circumstances) or people had to have two separate windows open, which is awkward. When there is the International, AGDQ, a E3 conference or whatever, you would rather chat with people in a channel you know rather than a chat with 100k+ people so I like this change.

A couple things I hope comes of this, would be them integrating this into their underused chat system. When that chat selection thing comes up, there is a list of the chats the host created and then a list of stream chats that are rehosting that stream.

Some other, more unlikely, things I would like would be the ability of the rehoster to commentate (or have facecams/overlays) over the stream. However I feel like that would be very hard/awkward to code and implement. Something that can be done however is the ability to restream like people previously have but to give that streamer the ability to mark themselves as a rehoster of the original stream. So the views, ad revenue and chat system I suggested before would work like a normal rehosted stream but somebody can slap a cleavage cam on it, talk with their chat and have horns blare whenever somebody subscribes.

I like this feature quite a bit as before there wasn't really a great or fair way to do this. When there is a massive event and someone wanted to talk with their chat, they had to either restream it (which is sketchy in the best of circumstances) or people had to have two separate windows open, which is awkward. When there is the International, AGDQ, a E3 conference or whatever, you would rather chat with people in a channel you know rather than a chat with 100k+ people so I like this change.

A couple things I hope comes of this, would be them integrating this into their underused chat system. When that chat selection thing comes up, there is a list of the chats the host created and then a list of stream chats that are rehosting that stream.

Some other, more unlikely, things I would like would be the ability of the rehoster to commentate (or have facecams/overlays) over the stream. However I feel like that would be very hard/awkward to code and implement. Something that can be done however is the ability to restream like people previously have but to give that streamer the ability to mark themselves as a rehoster of the original stream. So the views, ad revenue and chat system I suggested before would work like a normal rehosted stream but somebody can slap a cleavage cam on it, talk with their chat and have horns blare whenever somebody subscribes.
1 Frags +

This could be really cool and help strengthen our community I think. Waiting for a match to start on the teamfortress.tv stream? Play another good TF2 stream while you wait. Could be pretty cool.

This could be really cool and help strengthen our community I think. Waiting for a match to start on the teamfortress.tv stream? Play another good TF2 stream while you wait. Could be pretty cool.
0 Frags +

Sezco, for example, could forward the TeamFortressTV cast of the LAN finals, and his viewership would add to TeamFortressTV's viewer count, but they would use Sezco's chat room (with likely 20 to 50 members instead of thousands of people spamming FLOCKED BY SEAGULL). This is really cool for those that like the medium sized chat experience when viewing big events, but it won't alert your followers that you're "live" so it relies on steam groups/other announcements to actually get people to watch.

I think the original stream bomb is better for the sake of giving the subject streamer the chatters as well as the viewers, but this feature does have a use.

Sezco, for example, could forward the TeamFortressTV cast of the LAN finals, and his viewership would add to TeamFortressTV's viewer count, but they would use Sezco's chat room (with likely 20 to 50 members instead of thousands of people spamming FLOCKED BY SEAGULL). This is really cool for those that like the medium sized chat experience when viewing big events, but it won't alert your followers that you're "live" so it relies on steam groups/other announcements to actually get people to watch.

I think the original stream bomb is better for the sake of giving the subject streamer the chatters as well as the viewers, but this feature does have a use.
0 Frags +
HyceThis could be really cool and help strengthen our community I think. Waiting for a match to start on the teamfortress.tv stream? Play another good TF2 stream while you wait. Could be pretty cool.

Would have been pretty useful last night. Poor getawhale was stuck talking to himself for a few minutes before the IM match.

GetawhaleYeah let's all read the article first guys. The views go to the hosted stream - that's mentioned twice on the posted link.

erkstonsounds like views go to the hosted channel. so it's basically just viewing a different stream while keeping a separate chat, can't really stream bomb that way

Yeah, guess I didn't fully process this.

However, I'm going to assume there's a way to write a chatbot that allows your stream viewers to write in the chat of the hosted stream.

Either way, a cool and useful feature.

Might be nice to have a 24/7 stream of nature shots or something, so I can have non-boring intermission content.

Or if there's a way to detect if someone is hosting your stream on theirs, you can have your content change. Maybe each time someone connects, you reveal another part of a story or something.

Anyway, lots of creative possibilities.

[quote=Hyce]This could be really cool and help strengthen our community I think. Waiting for a match to start on the teamfortress.tv stream? Play another good TF2 stream while you wait. Could be pretty cool.[/quote]

Would have been pretty useful last night. Poor getawhale was stuck talking to himself for a few minutes before the IM match.

[quote=Getawhale]Yeah let's all read the article first guys. The views go to the hosted stream - that's mentioned twice on the posted link.

Pretty interesting feature. I've used it already twice. We'll see how it evolves.[/quote]

[quote=erkston]sounds like views go to the hosted channel. so it's basically just viewing a different stream while keeping a separate chat, can't really stream bomb that way[/quote]

Yeah, guess I didn't fully process this.

However, I'm going to assume there's a way to write a chatbot that allows your stream viewers to write in the chat of the hosted stream.

Either way, a cool and useful feature.

Might be nice to have a 24/7 stream of nature shots or something, so I can have non-boring intermission content.

Or if there's a way to detect if someone is hosting your stream on theirs, you can have your content change. Maybe each time someone connects, you reveal another part of a story or something.

Anyway, lots of creative possibilities.
-3 Frags +
HyceThis could be really cool and help strengthen our community I think. Waiting for a match to start on the teamfortress.tv stream? Play another good TF2 stream while you wait. Could be pretty cool.

Wait, so you're saying that the teamfortresstv channel should play content from other streamers?

There's no way this could go badly at all...

[quote=Hyce]This could be really cool and help strengthen our community I think. Waiting for a match to start on the teamfortress.tv stream? Play another good TF2 stream while you wait. Could be pretty cool.[/quote]
Wait, so you're saying that the teamfortresstv channel should play content from other streamers?

There's no way this could go badly at all...
6 Frags +

now Tim and I can do informal casts through TFTV without risking enigma's banhammer

10/10 would use.

now Tim and I can do informal casts through TFTV without risking enigma's banhammer

10/10 would use.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.