Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
Demo problem
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Hey so lately I haven't been able to play any demo at all. I have verified twice, emptied my tf2 folder of all demos and put in new ones, but each time I attempt to load a demo I get " file
Unknown command "demopauseafterinit" " I have switched huds, verified, downloaded new demos, and tried every mat_quemode but I only get that anyone know a fix?

Hey so lately I haven't been able to play any demo at all. I have verified twice, emptied my tf2 folder of all demos and put in new ones, but each time I attempt to load a demo I get " file
Unknown command "demopauseafterinit" " I have switched huds, verified, downloaded new demos, and tried every mat_quemode but I only get that anyone know a fix?
1 Frags +

are u using demoui or playing through console?

are u using demoui or playing through console?
1 Frags +
cMware u using demoui or playing through console?

I use demoui but I just tried it through console and it didn't work at all no error just repeated the command.

[quote=cMw]are u using demoui or playing through console?[/quote]
I use demoui but I just tried it through console and it didn't work at all no error just repeated the command.
1 Frags +

maybe you had closedcaptions on when you recorded the demo and turned it off now?

maybe you had closedcaptions on when you recorded the demo and turned it off now?
1 Frags +
MARSupmaybe you had closedcaptions on when you recorded the demo and turned it off now?

The demos I have used were stvs closed captions wouldn't affect them and I also have them off.

[quote=MARSup]maybe you had closedcaptions on when you recorded the demo and turned it off now?[/quote]
The demos I have used were stvs closed captions wouldn't affect them and I also have them off.
0 Frags +
StealthyMARSupmaybe you had closedcaptions on when you recorded the demo and turned it off now?The demos I have used were stvs closed captions wouldn't affect them and I also have them off.

can you take a ss of console after you use playdemo?

[quote=Stealthy][quote=MARSup]maybe you had closedcaptions on when you recorded the demo and turned it off now?[/quote]
The demos I have used were stvs closed captions wouldn't affect them and I also have them off.[/quote]
can you take a ss of console after you use playdemo?
0 Frags +
cMwStealthyMARSupmaybe you had closedcaptions on when you recorded the demo and turned it off now?The demos I have used were stvs closed captions wouldn't affect them and I also have them off.can you take a ss of console after you use playdemo?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=291272554

Also it seems that my esea pov worked fine but stv's don't work

[quote=cMw][quote=Stealthy][quote=MARSup]maybe you had closedcaptions on when you recorded the demo and turned it off now?[/quote]
The demos I have used were stvs closed captions wouldn't affect them and I also have them off.[/quote]
can you take a ss of console after you use playdemo?[/quote]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=291272554

Also it seems that my esea pov worked fine but stv's don't work
1 Frags +

maybe im crazy but i thought demo names couldnt have spaces?

maybe im crazy but i thought demo names couldnt have spaces?
0 Frags +

what did you name it and where exactly did you put it? I had the same exact problem last night it was weird how i fixed it.
-Try not making another folder in the tf folder and leave the demo just in the tf folder and try to play it. Also, han brolo is right^

what did you name it and where exactly did you put it? I had the same exact problem last night it was weird how i fixed it.
-Try not making another folder in the tf folder and leave the demo just in the tf folder and try to play it. Also, han brolo is right^
2 Frags +

try renaming the .dem file

try renaming the .dem file
0 Frags +

rename the dem file so there isnt any spaces or put the file name in quotes

rename the dem file so there isnt any spaces or put the file name in quotes
0 Frags +

Like the above people said, demos don't work if they have spaces in their names and you load them with demoui. This is also true for folder names. If you have a folder named "ESEA Season 15 LAN Finals" and put demos in there and try to play them, you will get that error.

Like the above people said, demos don't work if they have spaces in their names and you load them with demoui. This is also true for folder names. If you have a folder named "ESEA Season 15 LAN Finals" and put demos in there and try to play them, you will get that error.
1 Frags +

so it seems renaming that stv worked with playdemo command I guess I wont bother with demoui because with loading at least. Thanks for the help everyone!

so it seems renaming that stv worked with playdemo command I guess I wont bother with demoui because with loading at least. Thanks for the help everyone!
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.