Upvote Upvoted 42 Downvote Downvoted
1 2
Easy way of finding scrims
0 Frags +

Hey guys
Me and my buddies decided to make a website that helps you find scrim partners.The special tihng about this is that when you make your team add div and days you normally play,it stays in the webiste for as long as you want. It isn't an announcement that disappears after lets say 24 hrs. So you dont need to bump it or make a new one.You just wait until someone adds you!At that moment we are in open beta.Which means that there might be some bugs and there are alot of new stuff coming soon,but it would be aweosme if you give it a try :)

Here is the link -> http://scrim.me/
If you want to be updated about everything we do or you want to report a bug, join our Steam group!

Any feedback would be appriciated.

Good day guys!

~Pie

Hey guys
Me and my buddies decided to make a website that helps you find scrim partners.The special tihng about this is that when you make your team add div and days you normally play,it stays in the webiste for as long as you want. It isn't an announcement that disappears after lets say 24 hrs. So you dont need to bump it or make a new one.You just wait until someone adds you!At that moment we are in open beta.Which means that there might be some bugs and there are alot of new stuff coming soon,but it would be aweosme if you give it a try :)

Here is the link -> http://scrim.me/
If you want to be updated about everything we do or you want to report a bug, join our [url=http://steamcommunity.com/groups/scrim-me]Steam group![/url]

[b]Any[/b] feedback would be appriciated.

Good day guys!

~Pie
1 Frags +

Whoa, when did you guys start making this site? It's pretty well done and already steam integration for login.

Whoa, when did you guys start making this site? It's pretty well done and already steam integration for login.
1 Frags +

This is amazing I love it.

This is amazing I love it.
-11 Frags +

somewhat reminds me of natf2.com

rip

somewhat reminds me of natf2.com

rip
4 Frags +

This site URL is great.

This site URL is great.
1 Frags +

So it's something like http://teamfortress.tv/thread/18648/tf2mix-com-new-tf2-website/?page=1 ?

So it's something like http://teamfortress.tv/thread/18648/tf2mix-com-new-tf2-website/?page=1 ?
5 Frags +
PyromancerSo it's something like http://teamfortress.tv/thread/18648/tf2mix-com-new-tf2-website/?page=1 ?

Not exactly,there is just a post that dissapears after 24 hrs.Here you dont need to make new posts and stuff like that,just your team stays there and people find it by days/div etc

[quote=Pyromancer]So it's something like http://teamfortress.tv/thread/18648/tf2mix-com-new-tf2-website/?page=1 ?[/quote]
Not exactly,there is just a post that dissapears after 24 hrs.Here you dont need to make new posts and stuff like that,just your team stays there and people find it by days/div etc
1 Frags +
BulgarianPiePyromancerSo it's something like http://teamfortress.tv/thread/18648/tf2mix-com-new-tf2-website/?page=1 ?Not exactly,there is just a post that dissapears after 24 hrs.Here you dont need to make new posts and stuff like that,just your team stays there and people find it by days/div etc

That makes sense. Well the more places to the find scrims the better. Keep up the good work.

[quote=BulgarianPie][quote=Pyromancer]So it's something like http://teamfortress.tv/thread/18648/tf2mix-com-new-tf2-website/?page=1 ?[/quote]
Not exactly,there is just a post that dissapears after 24 hrs.Here you dont need to make new posts and stuff like that,just your team stays there and people find it by days/div etc[/quote] That makes sense. Well the more places to the find scrims the better. Keep up the good work.
0 Frags +
MagikarpWhoa, when did you guys start making this site? It's pretty well done and already steam integration for login.

I cant tell you the exact date,but for some time!Thanks for the awesome feedback man.:)

[quote=Magikarp]Whoa, when did you guys start making this site? It's pretty well done and already steam integration for login.[/quote]
I cant tell you the exact date,but for some time!Thanks for the awesome feedback man.:)
9 Frags +

For the skill drop down menu you might want to add the esea divisions to the list, which would be esea-open, intermediate and invite

For the skill drop down menu you might want to add the esea divisions to the list, which would be esea-open, intermediate and invite
2 Frags +
amazonFor the skill drop down menu you might want to add the esea divisions to the list.

You will see them there tomorrow :).Thanks for the feedback!

[quote=amazon]For the skill drop down menu you might want to add the esea divisions to the list.[/quote]
You will see them there tomorrow :).Thanks for the feedback!
2 Frags +

Looks promising, and it seems your on top of things. Good luck beating out irc

Looks promising, and it seems your on top of things. Good luck beating out irc
2 Frags +
PyromancerBulgarianPiePyromancerSo it's something like http://teamfortress.tv/thread/18648/tf2mix-com-new-tf2-website/?page=1 ?Not exactly,there is just a post that dissapears after 24 hrs.Here you dont need to make new posts and stuff like that,just your team stays there and people find it by days/div etc That makes sense. Well the more places to the find scrims the better. Keep up the good work.

Not really the amount of users will be the same and sooner or later they'll come to the one or the other website.
Let the best one win!

[quote=Pyromancer][quote=BulgarianPie][quote=Pyromancer]So it's something like http://teamfortress.tv/thread/18648/tf2mix-com-new-tf2-website/?page=1 ?[/quote]
Not exactly,there is just a post that dissapears after 24 hrs.Here you dont need to make new posts and stuff like that,just your team stays there and people find it by days/div etc[/quote] That makes sense. Well the more places to the find scrims the better. Keep up the good work.[/quote]
Not really the amount of users will be the same and sooner or later they'll come to the one or the other website.
Let the best one win!
2 Frags +
hookysomewhat reminds me of natf2.com

rip

rip a forum that was nothing but a forum with no support from the owner and a stream side bar that only worked for people that added their stream 20 times :(((( RIP

[quote=hooky]somewhat reminds me of natf2.com

rip[/quote]
rip a forum that was nothing but a forum with no support from the owner and a stream side bar that only worked for people that added their stream 20 times :(((( RIP
2 Frags +

This looks awesome. I plan on using this as soon the one off scrim feature is added. I'd recommend making it possible to search for multiple skill divisions (ie High UGC Platinum teams might want to find other Platinum teams and ESEA Open teams).

Also, how do you plan on implementing the one off scrim feature? It needs to be as easy as finding a scrim on #tf2scrim for people to start using the site instead of IRC.

This looks awesome. I plan on using this as soon the one off scrim feature is added. I'd recommend making it possible to search for multiple skill divisions (ie High UGC Platinum teams might want to find other Platinum teams and ESEA Open teams).

Also, how do you plan on implementing the one off scrim feature? It needs to be as easy as finding a scrim on #tf2scrim for people to start using the site instead of IRC.
2 Frags +

Would it be possible to list the time zones in the standard "UTC ±X" format instead of various cities?

Would it be possible to list the time zones in the standard "UTC ±X" format instead of various cities?
1 Frags +

Website looks really well done

Website looks really well done
2 Frags +
truktrukThis looks awesome. I plan on using this as soon the one off scrim feature is added. I'd recommend making it possible to search for multiple skill divisions (ie High UGC Platinum teams might want to find other Platinum teams and ESEA Open teams).

We are now working on the multiple skill level filters. They should be implemented by tomorrow.

For the one off scrim, we plan on making it dead simple. It may not even need the creation of teams, just leader posting and the ad apearing straight on the page. We haven't done much work on it yet so any suggestions are welcome, so we can implement it as close to the players' needs as possible.

[quote=truktruk]This looks awesome. I plan on using this as soon the one off scrim feature is added. I'd recommend making it possible to search for multiple skill divisions (ie High UGC Platinum teams might want to find other Platinum teams and ESEA Open teams).

Also, how do you plan on implementing the one off scrim feature? It needs to be as easy as finding a scrim on #tf2scrim for people to start using the site instead of IRC.[/quote]

We are now working on the multiple skill level filters. They should be implemented by tomorrow.

For the one off scrim, we plan on making it dead simple. It may not even need the creation of teams, just leader posting and the ad apearing straight on the page. We haven't done much work on it yet so any suggestions are welcome, so we can implement it as close to the players' needs as possible.
1 Frags +
toothWould it be possible to list the time zones in the standard "UTC ±X" format instead of various cities?

Timezones will change. We will either have 1-3 timezones for EU, 2 timezones for US and some for Asia and Australia.
They will probably apear as their abreviations.

[quote=tooth]Would it be possible to list the time zones in the standard "UTC ±X" format instead of various cities?[/quote]
Timezones will change. We will either have 1-3 timezones for EU, 2 timezones for US and some for Asia and Australia.
2 Frags +
BulgarianPietoothWould it be possible to list the time zones in the standard "UTC ±X" format instead of various cities?Timezones will change. We will either have 1-3 timezones for EU, 2 timezones for US and some for Asia and Australia.

consider central for US too, not just west+east

[quote=BulgarianPie][quote=tooth]Would it be possible to list the time zones in the standard "UTC ±X" format instead of various cities?[/quote]
They will probably apear as their abreviations.[/quote]

consider central for US too, not just west+east
-2 Frags +

Some of the text is too small to comfortable read (Stuff under Latest Teams and Users, Priority tags)

I'm also not a fan of having the huge soldier picture on the front page.. it makes it awkward to go back and forth between the home page and anything else imo. It looks nice, so I like that it's there, but I'd vote to remove it. Maybe have it shrink a second after load... dunno.

Otherwise looks good.

Some of the text is too small to comfortable read (Stuff under Latest Teams and Users, Priority tags)

I'm also not a fan of having the huge soldier picture on the front page.. it makes it awkward to go back and forth between the home page and anything else imo. It looks nice, so I like that it's there, but I'd vote to remove it. Maybe have it shrink a second after load... dunno.

Otherwise looks good.
-4 Frags +

rip http://scrim.tf/

rip http://scrim.tf/
0 Frags +
• Steam group integration with team pages

This option is not necessary, not all teams have steam group pages, and not all steam group pages have all the active players in the team.
You should consider an integration with ETF2L, ESEA, CEVO and UGC team pages instead, will make things alot more clear when checking if the team is actually playing the same skill division as they wrote on the site.

One more thing about time zones, unless you're already working on it, if a team sets themselves as Europeans, the most common used time zone is CET, so anything other than that can be confusing to many teams, so perhaps make that the only option, I really don't think any other one is needed, ETF2L works by CET, European UGC works by CET (iirc), so might aswell do that to avoid confusions among teams

Overall looks promising, keep up the good work, it's looking really good.

[quote]• Steam group integration with team pages[/quote]
This option is not necessary, not all teams have steam group pages, and not all steam group pages have all the active players in the team.
You should consider an integration with ETF2L, ESEA, CEVO and UGC team pages instead, will make things alot more clear when checking if the team is actually playing the same skill division as they wrote on the site.

One more thing about time zones, unless you're already working on it, if a team sets themselves as Europeans, the most common used time zone is CET, so anything other than that can be confusing to many teams, so perhaps make that the only option, I really don't think any other one is needed, ETF2L works by CET, European UGC works by CET (iirc), so might aswell do that to avoid confusions among teams

2 Frags +
JackyLegs• Steam group integration with team pagesThis option is not necessary, not all teams have steam group pages, and not all steam group pages have all the active players in the team.

The thing is tthat summer european time is CEST,so we are thinking of only adding CEST atm,and chaning it back to CET when the time comes.Anyways thanks for the awesome feedback :)!

[quote=JackyLegs][quote]• Steam group integration with team pages[/quote]

Overall looks promising, keep up the good work, it's looking really good.[/quote]
The thing is tthat summer european time is CEST,so we are thinking of only adding CEST atm,and chaning it back to CET when the time comes.Anyways thanks for the awesome feedback :)!
3 Frags +

We added the merc/ringer feature.You go to your profile and choose your main class,and if you want to be listed as a merc.

We added the merc/ringer feature.You go to your profile and choose your main class,and if you want to be listed as a merc.
0 Frags +
truktrukThis looks awesome. I plan on using this as soon the one off scrim feature is added. I'd recommend making it possible to search for multiple skill divisions (ie High UGC Platinum teams might want to find other Platinum teams and ESEA Open teams).

New Update!
Single Scrims are here! Users can now browse and post singles scrims.No need to be part of a team :P

[quote=truktruk]This looks awesome. I plan on using this as soon the one off scrim feature is added. I'd recommend making it possible to search for multiple skill divisions (ie High UGC Platinum teams might want to find other Platinum teams and ESEA Open teams).

Also, how do you plan on implementing the one off scrim feature? It needs to be as easy as finding a scrim on #tf2scrim for people to start using the site instead of IRC.[/quote]

New Update!
Single Scrims are here! Users can now browse and post singles scrims.No need to be part of a team :P
0 Frags +

It looks great! I hope there's some sort of protection against people trolling lower div players, and new teams thinking they're amazing because they came from a pub and they're the best at pyro or whatever.

defiancehookysomewhat reminds me of natf2.com

rip

Pretty sure I never said it was better than what we have now (it's not) and I'm pretty sure I was just being nostalgic about the time when I joined comp TF2, but ok

It looks great! I hope there's some sort of protection against people trolling lower div players, and new teams thinking they're amazing because they came from a pub and they're the best at pyro or whatever.

[quote=defiance][quote=hooky]somewhat reminds me of natf2.com

rip[/quote]
rip a forum that was nothing but a forum with no support from the owner and a stream side bar that only worked for people that added their stream 20 times :(((( RIP[/quote]
Pretty sure I never said it was better than what we have now (it's not) and I'm pretty sure I was just being nostalgic about the time when I joined comp TF2, but ok
0 Frags +

Steam login is down? Gives me an internal server error.

EDIT: happening with my teammate too

Steam login is down? Gives me an internal server error.

0 Frags +
pl3xSteam login is down? Gives me an internal server error.

Its fixed!

[quote=pl3x]Steam login is down? Gives me an internal server error.

EDIT: happening with my teammate too[/quote]
Its fixed!
-1 Frags +

Do you plan on allowing people to delete or edit previous posts? Say if you accidentally clicked the wrong time for a scrim proposal, or, like I did, mistyped something in the map section? Or perhaps a team has already found a scrim with a different team? For stuff like that it might be useful.

Also, would you consider including an optional 'preferred time' for teams?

This seems like a really great initiative by the way, if a bunch of teams join it, it will make the lives of people trying to arrange scrims in advance so much easier! (I had no success so far with scrim.tf, tf.wars is very last-moment, so is the highlander team leaders steam group though to a lesser degree)

Do you plan on allowing people to delete or edit previous posts? Say if you accidentally clicked the wrong time for a scrim proposal, or, like I did, mistyped something in the map section? Or perhaps a team has already found a scrim with a different team? For stuff like that it might be useful.

Also, would you consider including an optional 'preferred time' for teams?

This seems like a really great initiative by the way, if a bunch of teams join it, it will make the lives of people trying to arrange scrims in advance so much easier! (I had no success so far with scrim.tf, tf.wars is very last-moment, so is the highlander team leaders steam group though to a lesser degree)
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.