Completed
DATE
Monday, Jul 28th
TIME
9:30 PM EDT
STREAM
eXtelevision
ABOUT

UGC's Season 13 Playoffs head into the Upper Bracket Semi-Finals with Electric Temptations taking on the Dunning-Kruger Effect on PL_Upward. The hard work has paid off and Electric Temptations have been shockingly good this season, but by the end of the night they might feel like they are suffering from the Dunning-Kruger Effect. DK has been putting a lot of work in this season and certainly will be trying their hardest to avoid going into the lower bracket. Come join eXtine and Sigafoo for what should be a fantastic night of TF2.

Direct Stream Link: http://www.twitch.tv/eXtvESports | UGCLeague: http://www.ugcleague.com/ | eXtv Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/eXtv
eXtelevision
2 Frags +

We are trying to line up a second cast as well, with Turbo_Cop and Getawhale. That cast might go straight to YouTube instead of being broadcast live.

We are trying to line up a second cast as well, with Turbo_Cop and Getawhale. That cast might go straight to YouTube instead of being broadcast live.
-1 Frags +
eXtineWe are trying to line up a second cast as well, with Turbo_Cop and Getawhale. That cast might go straight to YouTube instead of being broadcast live.

I feel so bad for anyone who gets casted by Turbo Cop

[quote=eXtine]We are trying to line up a second cast as well, with Turbo_Cop and Getawhale. That cast might go straight to YouTube instead of being broadcast live.[/quote]
14 Frags +

geknaiir

sucks

geknaiir

sucks
eXtelevision
21 Frags +

Yeah, let's hate on people who spend their free time contributing to the community, then after they quit, we can complain about how no one makes content!

[quote]I feel so bad for anyone who gets casted by Turbo Cop[/quote]
Yeah, let's hate on people who spend their free time contributing to the community, then after they quit, we can complain about how no one makes content!
-10 Frags +
eXtineI feel so bad for anyone who gets casted by Turbo CopYeah, let's hate on people who spend their free time contributing to the community, then after they quit, we can complain about how no one makes content!

I think it's a joke?

[quote=eXtine][quote]I feel so bad for anyone who gets casted by Turbo Cop[/quote]
Yeah, let's hate on people who spend their free time contributing to the community, then after they quit, we can complain about how no one makes content![/quote]

I think it's a joke?
16 Frags +

geknaiir has no social skills so there's no way we can know

geknaiir has no social skills so there's no way we can know
-2 Frags +

Whoa. Calm deooooooown

Whoa. Calm deooooooown
18 Frags +
eXtineI feel so bad for anyone who gets casted by Turbo CopYeah, let's hate on people who spend their free time contributing to the community, then after they quit, we can complain about how no one makes content!

Please keep the guy who jokes about terrorists and has no idea who half the people in plat are.

[quote=eXtine][quote]I feel so bad for anyone who gets casted by Turbo Cop[/quote]
Yeah, let's hate on people who spend their free time contributing to the community, then after they quit, we can complain about how no one makes content![/quote]
Please keep the guy who jokes about terrorists and has no idea who half the people in plat are.
7 Frags +

The only solid highlander caster in recent memory was djc.

The only solid highlander caster in recent memory was djc.
4 Frags +

you guys should really look to get people who have hl experience to cast instead, at least pair one of these guys with somebody who has experience.

really the only guy you have that has any is Sigafoo

you guys should really look to get people who have hl experience to cast instead, at least pair one of these guys with somebody who has experience.

really the only guy you have that has any is Sigafoo
eXtelevision
13 Frags +

Feedback and constructive criticism is always welcome. Geknaiir, I hope your first post wasn't your idea of constructive criticism. If you want to discuss the quality of eXtv casters, please, feel free to send me an e-mail eXtine@eXtelevision.com.

It's hard to line up eXperienced casters because a lot of interested players are either playing on teams or fully retired. It's great having Sigafoo on board for this cast, but he's an amazing player whom I can't eXpect to be available to cast for us consistantly neXt season.

If anyone reading is interested in casting/streaming UGC neXt season, send me a buzz. Otherwise, please don't harass the few people who actually do volunteer their time to provide for the community.

Feedback and constructive criticism is always welcome. Geknaiir, I hope your first post wasn't your idea of constructive criticism. If you want to discuss the quality of eXtv casters, please, feel free to send me an e-mail eXtine@eXtelevision.com.

It's hard to line up eXperienced casters because a lot of interested players are either playing on teams or fully retired. It's great having Sigafoo on board for this cast, but he's an amazing player whom I can't eXpect to be available to cast for us consistantly neXt season.

If anyone reading is interested in casting/streaming UGC neXt season, send me a buzz. Otherwise, please don't harass the few people who actually do volunteer their time to provide for the community.
9 Frags +
eXtineFeedback and constructive criticism is always welcome. Geknaiir, I hope your first post wasn't your idea of constructive criticism. If you want to discuss the quality of eXtv casters, please, feel free to send me an e-mail eXtine@eXtelevision.com.

I offered to cast since i was going to sit out of a season or two, but i was turned down because i hadn't casted before.

[quote=eXtine]Feedback and constructive criticism is always welcome. Geknaiir, I hope your first post wasn't your idea of constructive criticism. If you want to discuss the quality of eXtv casters, please, feel free to send me an e-mail eXtine@eXtelevision.com.

If anyone reading is interested in casting/streaming UGC neXt season, send me a buzz. Otherwise, please don't harass the few people who actually do volunteer their time to provide for the community.[/quote]

I offered to cast since i was going to sit out of a season or two, but i was turned down because i hadn't casted before.
2 Frags +
MiNiI offered to cast since i was going to sit out of a season or two, but i was turned down because i hadn't casted before.

Well jump in, dude - looks like you just signed up.

[quote=MiNi]I offered to cast since i was going to sit out of a season or two, but i was turned down because i hadn't casted before.[/quote]

8 Frags +

Do you think eXtine's computer is just set up to capitalize x's?
I would have done that.

Although, real talk, there are plenty of Salty folks you could get from inevitably going to die teams. And salt enhances flavor.

edit: i'm a prophet 8)

mustardoverlordI'll probably cast some games in the upcoming weeks
Do you think eXtine's computer is just set up to capitalize x's?
I would have done that.

Although, real talk, there are plenty of Salty folks you could get from inevitably going to die teams. And salt enhances flavor.

edit: i'm a prophet 8)
[quote=mustardoverlord]I'll probably cast some games in the upcoming weeks[/quote]
-13 Frags +

I'll probably cast some games in the upcoming weeks

I'll probably cast some games in the upcoming weeks
4 Frags +

Really great game. Nice work DK, way to bring it!

Really great game. Nice work DK, way to bring it!
eXtelevision
0 Frags +

Was a fantastic game. Thanks to everyone who tuned in.

Was a fantastic game. Thanks to everyone who tuned in.
eXtelevision
0 Frags +

edited: grumble grumble grumble. I was kinda salty tonight, maybe I misinterpreted some things.

edited: grumble grumble grumble. I was kinda salty tonight, maybe I misinterpreted some things.
-2 Frags +
MiNiI offered to cast since i was going to sit out of a season or two, but i was turned down because i hadn't casted before.

But you got offered a chance to cast last night and turned it down. Weird how you can say one thing but do another! Casting seems real easy until someone asks you to do it, huh?

[quote=MiNi]I offered to cast since i was going to sit out of a season or two, but i was turned down because i hadn't casted before.[/quote]

But you got offered a chance to cast last night and turned it down. Weird how you can say one thing but do another! Casting seems real easy until someone asks you to do it, huh?
4 Frags +

hey ploxo you talk lots of shit and never put any force behind them why don't you step up and cast :)

hey ploxo you talk lots of shit and never put any force behind them why don't you step up and cast :)
1 Frags +
GetawhaleMiNiI offered to cast since i was going to sit out of a season or two, but i was turned down because i hadn't casted before.

I know you're not 100% serious but signing up actually sounds like a lot of fun.

[quote=Getawhale][quote=MiNi]I offered to cast since i was going to sit out of a season or two, but i was turned down because i hadn't casted before.[/quote]

Well jump in, dude - looks like you just signed up.[/quote]

I know you're not 100% serious but signing up actually sounds like a lot of fun.
3 Frags +
lemon_pulpI know you're not 100% serious but signing up actually sounds like a lot of fun.

I think that between the two NA orgs and Blackout Gaming, where I got my start, if you have a serious desire to try casting, there will be some sort of opening for you. EXtv has an email address where you can get in touch, and honestly if anybody wants to PM me here on TFTV, I can provide you with the contacts you need to inquire about casting.

If you have zero experience with competitive or casting, it may be good to try doing some of your own solo casts first, but everybody is different.

[quote=lemon_pulp]I know you're not 100% serious but signing up actually sounds like a lot of fun.[/quote]

I think that between the two NA orgs and Blackout Gaming, where I got my start, if you have a serious desire to try casting, there will be some sort of opening for you. EXtv has an email address where you can get in touch, and honestly if anybody wants to PM me here on TFTV, I can provide you with the contacts you need to inquire about casting.

If you have zero experience with competitive or casting, it may be good to try doing some of your own solo casts first, but everybody is different.
3 Frags +

To be fair, there's a big difference between volunteering your time to just be a mediocre caster and putting in the time to be a great caster that promotes the scene. Whenever I've watched Turbo Cop cast I've felt he lacks the experience or gamesense to really cast or explain a situation, hold, or push correctly, ie: saying a team forced when really it was an aggressive pop that ended up killing the other team's medic, defenses, etc. He also seems like he doesn't really know some of the teams he is in charge of casting like geknaiir said. I think when he went over some gold teams last season on stream, one of my friends asked him about my team and he called us a mid silver team when we were a gold team with 3 former invite players and several open/IM players.

All in all I think if he's gonna cast, he needs to put in more effort to appear professional. While casters are obviously lacking, we can't have unprofessionalism deter away new blood, especially since highlander is where all the pubbers start looking when they try to start playing competitively.

To be fair, there's a big difference between volunteering your time to just be a mediocre caster and putting in the time to be a great caster that promotes the scene. Whenever I've watched Turbo Cop cast I've felt he lacks the experience or gamesense to really cast or explain a situation, hold, or push correctly, ie: saying a team forced when really it was an aggressive pop that ended up killing the other team's medic, defenses, etc. He also seems like he doesn't really know some of the teams he is in charge of casting like geknaiir said. I think when he went over some gold teams last season on stream, one of my friends asked him about my team and he called us a mid silver team when we were a gold team with 3 former invite players and several open/IM players.

All in all I think if he's gonna cast, he needs to put in more effort to appear professional. While casters are obviously lacking, we can't have unprofessionalism deter away new blood, especially since highlander is where all the pubbers start looking when they try to start playing competitively.
3 Frags +
Getawhalelemon_pulpI know you're not 100% serious but signing up actually sounds like a lot of fun.
I think that between the two NA orgs and Blackout Gaming, where I got my start, if you have a serious desire to try casting, there will be some sort of opening for you. EXtv has an email address where you can get in touch

http://www.extelevision.com/how-you-can-help/. Seriously, apply. We're always looking for new talent, and like Getawhale said, we'll have some definite openings. I'm retiring, Sigafoo will probably be playing, and we're often left scrambling for casters at the last minute. So if you have comp experience at a higher level, aren't playing in S13, and want to be heard, definitely apply the link above or email extine@extelevision.com. Also, we are always looking for streamers. Please. Like seriously.

And I'd appreciate if this didn't turn into a caster-bashing thread. Yes, it's one thing to volunteer your time to cast, and it's another to commit more time to learning the teams, learning strategy, and developing a sense of eSports professionalism. All of the regular casters for eXtv are committed and do exactly that in their spare time. After about one year of casting, I realized I needed to step up my game, so I put in a lot of time outside casting to do that. One reason I'm retiring is I just can't do that anymore. Casting is demanding, and the comp community is demanding- and that's a good thing! We should have the best content producers we can and help them improve. If you do have criticisms of eXtv staff or anything, please email eXtine or pm me privately. This is not the place to embarrass people who are honestly trying their best.

I recently realized that casting TF2 is 10 times harder than graduate school. Not sure what that says. Stay in school, kids.

[quote=Getawhale][quote=lemon_pulp]I know you're not 100% serious but signing up actually sounds like a lot of fun.[/quote]

I think that between the two NA orgs and Blackout Gaming, where I got my start, if you have a serious desire to try casting, there will be some sort of opening for you. EXtv has an email address where you can get in touch[/quote]

[url=http://www.extelevision.com/how-you-can-help/]http://www.extelevision.com/how-you-can-help/[/url]. Seriously, apply. We're always looking for new talent, and like Getawhale said, we'll have some definite openings. I'm retiring, Sigafoo will probably be playing, and we're often left scrambling for casters at the last minute. So if you have comp experience at a higher level, aren't playing in S13, and want to be heard, definitely apply the link above or email extine@extelevision.com. Also, we are always looking for streamers. Please. Like seriously.

And I'd appreciate if this didn't turn into a caster-bashing thread. Yes, it's one thing to volunteer your time to cast, and it's another to commit more time to learning the teams, learning strategy, and developing a sense of eSports professionalism. All of the regular casters for eXtv are committed and do exactly that in their spare time. After about one year of casting, I realized I needed to step up my game, so I put in a lot of time outside casting to do that. One reason I'm retiring is I just can't do that anymore. Casting is demanding, and the comp community is demanding- and that's a good thing! We should have the best content producers we can and help them improve. If you do have criticisms of eXtv staff or anything, please email eXtine or pm me privately. This is not the place to embarrass people who are honestly trying their best.

I recently realized that casting TF2 is 10 times harder than graduate school. Not sure what that says. Stay in school, kids.
2 Frags +
Saberhey ploxo you talk lots of shit and never put any force behind them why don't you step up and cast :)

The world is not ready for that. Also, I forbid it.

[quote=Saber]hey ploxo you talk lots of shit and never put any force behind them why don't you step up and cast :)[/quote]

2 Frags +
GetawhaleMiNiI offered to cast since i was going to sit out of a season or two, but i was turned down because i hadn't casted before.

But didn't. I'm not up for solo casting at all, thats all i said.

[quote=Getawhale][quote=MiNi]I offered to cast since i was going to sit out of a season or two, but i was turned down because i hadn't casted before.[/quote]

But you got offered a chance to cast last night and turned it down. Weird how you can say one thing but do another! Casting seems real easy until someone asks you to do it, huh?[/quote]

But didn't. I'm not up for solo casting at all, thats all i said.
-2 Frags +
KipSaberhey ploxo you talk lots of shit and never put any force behind them why don't you step up and cast :)

They may not be ready for it, but they NEED it.

I'm actually completely down for it. I'd have to tone down my language, but hell, pretty sure I know most of the maps and teams on a broad scale.

[quote=Kip][quote=Saber]hey ploxo you talk lots of shit and never put any force behind them why don't you step up and cast :)[/quote]

The world is not ready for that. Also, I forbid it.[/quote]
They may not be ready for it, but they NEED it.

I'm actually completely down for it. I'd have to tone down my language, but hell, pretty sure I know most of the maps and teams on a broad scale.
4 Frags +

the iron pyro perspective: a guide to casting by DrPloxo, PhD (not really) (seriously, not a real doctor)

the world definitely isn't ready for your revolution ploxo, sorry to say it

the iron pyro perspective: a guide to casting by DrPloxo, PhD (not really) (seriously, not a real doctor)

the world definitely isn't ready for your revolution ploxo, sorry to say it
0 Frags +

Never played in Iron. But, if I've learned anything, salt is the essence of flavor. I have plenty of that.

Never played in Iron. But, if I've learned anything, salt is the essence of flavor. I have plenty of that.
1 Frags +

He said he did offer to cast. but things changed and then he started playing on active teams (im pretty sure).

But you got offered a chance to cast last night and turned it down. Weird how you can say one thing but do another! Casting seems real easy until someone asks you to do it, huh?[/quote]
He said he did offer to cast. but things changed and then he started playing on active teams (im pretty sure).
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.