Upvote Upvoted 0 Downvote Downvoted
Sens keeps resetting to 4
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

I'd like my sens to be at 3, so I changed it in the options. But it keeps changing it to 4 while i'm in game, which is dumb and I hate it. I was then told to take off connect to steam cloud which I did, but instead of resetting it to 4 instantly it would do it randomly when i'm in game which is super annoying. Anyway I can keep it at 3 and not have to screw with it every couple minutes?

Also I put "sensitivity 3" in my auto exec and it doesn't work.

Thanks

I'd like my sens to be at 3, so I changed it in the options. But it keeps changing it to 4 while i'm in game, which is dumb and I hate it. I was then told to take off connect to steam cloud which I did, but instead of resetting it to 4 instantly it would do it randomly when i'm in game which is super annoying. Anyway I can keep it at 3 and not have to screw with it every couple minutes?

Also I put "sensitivity 3" in my auto exec and it doesn't work.

Thanks
2 Frags +

Check each of your class configs to see if they have an specific sens written there. Otherwise there is usually something like "exec *filename*.cfg" on each class cfg. If there is, look for that file and search for anything related to sensitivity there.

Check each of your class configs to see if they have an specific sens written there. Otherwise there is usually something like "exec *filename*.cfg" on each class cfg. If there is, look for that file and search for anything related to sensitivity there.
2 Frags +

Do you have an extra config.cfg in tf/custom/userstuff/cfg? That can override your tf/cfg/config.cfg file.

Do you have an extra config.cfg in tf/custom/userstuff/cfg? That can override your tf/cfg/config.cfg file.
2 Frags +

check your aliases and binds for "sensitivity"

check your aliases and binds for "sensitivity"
1 Frags +

I think I got it! Thanks guys!

I think I got it! Thanks guys!
2 Frags +

So, what was it? Might help others later.

So, what was it? Might help others later.
2 Frags +

Oh uh, in my config.cfg it said "bind sensitivity 4" or something like that like 3 times.

I used Ctrl+f then typed sens and found it. Apparently pressing 1 2 3 changed my sens.

Oh uh, in my config.cfg it said "bind sensitivity 4" or something like that like 3 times.

I used Ctrl+f then typed sens and found it. Apparently pressing 1 2 3 changed my sens.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.