Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Extremely high CPU usage
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

So yesterday my computer was working just fine, but I started to play some Skyrim and install some mods using the Nexus Mod Manager and now my CPU usage keeps jumping around and often stays at or near 100%. When I try to play TF2 I get absolutely terrible frames compared to what I normally get. My CPU temps are perfectly fine and almost never change, even when it says my usage is at 100 (temps stay at around 43 C always). I ran several antivirus scans and Adwcleaner, avast, and microsoft security essentials all fail to find any viruses so I'm not sure what the problem could be. Even with just chrome open my CPU usage can go up to like 80% which it never did before. I use process manager to monitor what is causing the CPU hogging and nothing weird comes up, it's just that TF2 and Chrome suddenly use WAY more CPU processing than they used to and it kills my fps in game. None of the solutions online have helped at all so I was wondering is someone else has had this experience and could help

So yesterday my computer was working just fine, but I started to play some Skyrim and install some mods using the Nexus Mod Manager and now my CPU usage keeps jumping around and often stays at or near 100%. When I try to play TF2 I get absolutely terrible frames compared to what I normally get. My CPU temps are perfectly fine and almost never change, even when it says my usage is at 100 (temps stay at around 43 C always). I ran several antivirus scans and Adwcleaner, avast, and microsoft security essentials all fail to find any viruses so I'm not sure what the problem could be. Even with just chrome open my CPU usage can go up to like 80% which it never did before. I use process manager to monitor what is causing the CPU hogging and nothing weird comes up, it's just that TF2 and Chrome suddenly use WAY more CPU processing than they used to and it kills my fps in game. None of the solutions online have helped at all so I was wondering is someone else has had this experience and could help
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.