Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Crash on Main Menu
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Since Monday, whenever I start TF2, I get a "hl2.exe has stopped working" right when the main menu finishes loading every time. I have a scrim tonight so I really need to get this fixed ASAP and nothing I've tried worked (verifying game cache, doing everything in #4: http://teamfortress.tv/thread/19242/bizarre-tf2-crash).

Does anyone have any ideas for how to fix this?

Since Monday, whenever I start TF2, I get a "hl2.exe has stopped working" right when the main menu finishes loading every time. I have a scrim tonight so I really need to get this fixed ASAP and nothing I've tried worked (verifying game cache, doing everything in #4: http://teamfortress.tv/thread/19242/bizarre-tf2-crash).

Does anyone have any ideas for how to fix this?
1 Frags +

This miiight be a hud thing if your hud's main menu is missing a lot of brackets or something; what hud do you use?

This miiight be a hud thing if your hud's main menu is missing a lot of brackets or something; what hud do you use?
0 Frags +

eve hud

I still have the crash after uninstalling eve hud and after reinstalling.

eve hud

I still have the crash after uninstalling eve hud and after reinstalling.
1 Frags +

Try backing up your sensitive stuff and doing a system restore to monday? Might be an extreme solution.

Try backing up your sensitive stuff and doing a system restore to monday? Might be an extreme solution.
1 Frags +

Last time this happened i just deleted my tf folder and everything started to work again.

Last time this happened i just deleted my tf folder and everything started to work again.
0 Frags +
puddLast time this happened i just deleted my tf folder and everything started to work again.

Currently trying this. Team Fortress now has to redownload a bunch of stuff so it's gonna take a while.

Thanks everyone who has offered suggestions so far.

[quote=pudd]Last time this happened i just deleted my tf folder and everything started to work again.[/quote]
Currently trying this. Team Fortress now has to redownload a bunch of stuff so it's gonna take a while.

Thanks everyone who has offered suggestions so far.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.