Upvote Upvoted 32 Downvote Downvoted
Twitch Rechat
posted in Off Topic
0 Frags +

New chrome plugin that adds the chat to a VOD from when it was live. if you fast forward it skips along with you. i've tested it with 4 random vods for random people and it works, so it doesn't seem like it requires anything extra fancy from whoever is streaming. it just works.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/rechat-for-twitch/ipplilmaapjjklilmmaccfemdmhkoacd?hl=en

how to use it:
1. install
2. open a vod, any vod.
3. see chat

pretty cool.

New chrome plugin that adds the chat to a VOD from when it was live. if you fast forward it skips along with you. i've tested it with 4 random vods for random people and it works, so it doesn't seem like it requires anything extra fancy from whoever is streaming. it just works.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/rechat-for-twitch/ipplilmaapjjklilmmaccfemdmhkoacd?hl=en

how to use it:
1. install
2. open a vod, any vod.
3. see chat

pretty cool.
16 Frags +

I'll probably use this a lot, thanks. I'm surprised Twitch had this info readily available for the addon to access, but didn't give us this option before.

I'll probably use this a lot, thanks. I'm surprised Twitch had this info readily available for the addon to access, but didn't give us this option before.
3 Frags +

I think what this actually does is scrape the chat from the IRC servers and stores them into a server hosted by the rechat people, instead of twitch actually storing the chat information in the vods.

Example of information grabbed: http://search.rechat.org/channels/teamfortresstv

I think what this actually does is scrape the chat from the IRC servers and stores them into a server hosted by the rechat people, instead of twitch actually storing the chat information in the vods.

Example of information grabbed: http://search.rechat.org/channels/teamfortresstv
-2 Frags +

maybe im a retard but that's pretty cool

maybe im a retard but that's pretty cool
8 Frags +

Why would you want to look at cancer when you're trying to enjoy a twitch vod?

Why would you want to look at cancer when you're trying to enjoy a twitch vod?
7 Frags +

Is there a Firefox version of this add-on ?

Is there a Firefox version of this add-on ?
4 Frags +

This is awesome if it works consistently. I find that when I rewatch vods (especially at big events like i49 when we were playing and I couldn't watch) that I'm missing out on something without chat

This is awesome if it works consistently. I find that when I rewatch vods (especially at big events like i49 when we were playing and I couldn't watch) that I'm missing out on something without chat
0 Frags +

While we are on the topic of chrome add-ons, some add-ons get stuck on "Checking..." after I try to install. It's happening with this one, but not all do this.

Happened to anyone else?

While we are on the topic of chrome add-ons, some add-ons get stuck on "Checking..." after I try to install. It's happening with this one, but not all do this.

Happened to anyone else?
4 Frags +
MedusaWhy would you want to look at cancer when you're trying to enjoy a twitch vod?

ill definitely consider rewatching vods from EVO with chat enabled

[quote=Medusa]Why would you want to look at cancer when you're trying to enjoy a twitch vod?[/quote]
ill definitely consider rewatching vods from EVO with chat enabled
3 Frags +
MedusaWhy would you want to look at cancer when you're trying to enjoy a twitch vod?

Some people like to see twitch chat, because lots of streamers ask important questions or make statements regarding something posted and that info is now available.

Not all twitch chats are awful, just most of the 1k+ non sub only.

[quote=Medusa]Why would you want to look at cancer when you're trying to enjoy a twitch vod?[/quote]
Some people like to see twitch chat, because lots of streamers ask important questions or make statements regarding something posted and that info is now available.

Not all twitch chats are awful, just most of the 1k+ non sub only.
2 Frags +

Another thing to note, it only keeps messages for 1 week after initial broadcast.

Another thing to note, it only keeps messages for 1 week after initial broadcast.
0 Frags +

depends on what you're watching. if a CSGO streamer I watched unboxed a knife I would love to see the chat flip out, that's like half of the experience (with the other half being the streamer going crazy)

depends on what you're watching. if a CSGO streamer I watched unboxed a knife I would love to see the chat flip out, that's like half of the experience (with the other half being the streamer going crazy)
0 Frags +

That is amazing. Did you make this, turts?

That is amazing. Did you make this, turts?
1 Frags +
turtsmcgurtsMedusaWhy would you want to look at cancer when you're trying to enjoy a twitch vod?depends on what you're watching. if a CSGO streamer I watched unboxed a knife I would love to see the chat flip out, that's like half of the experience (with the other half being the streamer going crazy)

This, it seems a bit awkward when you watch moments like that and it just looks like one lonely dude hyping over a virtual item. Now having the whole chat of people over the world to go crazy about it is where it's at!

[quote=turtsmcgurts][quote=Medusa]Why would you want to look at cancer when you're trying to enjoy a twitch vod?[/quote]
depends on what you're watching. if a CSGO streamer I watched unboxed a knife I would love to see the chat flip out, that's like half of the experience (with the other half being the streamer going crazy)[/quote]
This, it seems a bit awkward when you watch moments like that and it just looks like one lonely dude hyping over a virtual item. Now having the whole chat of people over the world to go crazy about it is where it's at!
0 Frags +
La_maisonThat is amazing. Did you make this, turts?

no

[quote=La_maison]That is amazing. Did you make this, turts?[/quote]
no
-14 Frags +
VaskieIs there a Firefox version of this add-on ?

Yep. All info and versions at rechat.org

[quote=Vaskie]Is there a Firefox version of this add-on ?[/quote]
Yep. All info and versions at rechat.org
8 Frags +
KidDiePieYTVaskieIs there a Firefox version of this add-on ?Yep. All info and versions at rechat.org

its been a year, pretty sure hes still not looking for it.

[quote=KidDiePieYT][quote=Vaskie]Is there a Firefox version of this add-on ?[/quote]
Yep. All info and versions at rechat.org[/quote]
its been a year, pretty sure hes still not looking for it.
6 Frags +

damn dude did you keep that tab open for a whole year!?

damn dude did you keep that tab open for a whole year!?
8 Frags +

can't we have like a warning after the last post in a thread is more than x>months so there are less useless necros.

can't we have like a warning after the last post in a thread is more than x>months so there are less useless necros.
6 Frags +

lol why would you make an alt to bump a 1 year old thread if youre gonna make an alt at least make good shitposts on it

lol why would you make an alt to bump a 1 year old thread if youre gonna make an alt at least make good shitposts on it
-8 Frags +

this entire concept is creepy as fuck

this entire concept is creepy as fuck
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.