Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
bad framerate on a 'bad' computer
posted in Customization
0 Frags +

Ever since I installed tf2 on this laptop Ive been getting less than 30 fps, and it's only getting worse with the updates, I didn't use this laptop for a while because I bought a desktop computer but it broke and i have to use my laptop again, and when I did I wasn't getting over 10 fps even with Chris' fps config, I've tried out many of my friends configs and at best Ive gotten 40fps on a MGE map with only me and my friend playing but even then my fps dropped to around 20 when I looked around too fast.

my specs:
Processor: [AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics] Cores: [4]
Graphics device: [AMD Radeon HD 7640G]
System type: [64bit operative system, 64bit based processor]
RAM: [8,00 GB (7,19 GB usable]

pls help ;w;

Ever since I installed tf2 on this laptop Ive been getting less than 30 fps, and it's only getting worse with the updates, I didn't use this laptop for a while because I bought a desktop computer but it broke and i have to use my laptop again, and when I did I wasn't getting over 10 fps even with Chris' fps config, I've tried out many of my friends configs and at best Ive gotten 40fps on a MGE map with only me and my friend playing but even then my fps dropped to around 20 when I looked around too fast.

my specs:
Processor: [AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics] Cores: [4]
Graphics device: [AMD Radeon HD 7640G]
System type: [64bit operative system, 64bit based processor]
RAM: [8,00 GB (7,19 GB usable]

pls help ;w;
-22 Frags +

what do you want

you've tried everything and its still shitty fps get over it rofl

what do you want

you've tried everything and its still shitty fps get over it rofl
2 Frags +

Unfortunately its true. Your lapotop simply cant run the game even with GFX configs. Get your desktop fixed man.

Unfortunately its true. Your lapotop simply cant run the game even with GFX configs. Get your desktop fixed man.
-23 Frags +

Why the fuck did you buy fucking windows 8

goddamn, you're dumb

Why the fuck did you buy fucking windows 8

goddamn, you're dumb
14 Frags +

so much hostility

so much hostility
2 Frags +

Try Razor's Gamebooster. It can be a pain if you need to tab in and out a lot, but it really helps.
(also, disable Steam Overlay if you haven't already)

Try Razor's Gamebooster. It can be a pain if you need to tab in and out a lot, but it really helps.
(also, disable Steam Overlay if you haven't already)
1 Frags +

i think your cpu is kind of garbage? looks pretty old at least

if you haven't tried lowering your resolution, that could also help. don't think windows 8 is necessarily the problem but i question how well tf2 is optimized on it. turn off aero, all background stuff. mess around with multicore rendering if you haven't

ignore ploxo and tysc they are known garbage posters

i think your cpu is kind of garbage? looks pretty old at least

if you haven't tried lowering your resolution, that could also help. don't think windows 8 is necessarily the problem but i question how well tf2 is optimized on it. turn off aero, all background stuff. mess around with multicore rendering if you haven't

ignore ploxo and tysc they are known garbage posters
2 Frags +

I'm not trying to make any promises here, but unless your computer is having some serious issues TF2 should be running at least 60 fps at all times on your laptop with any decent config. However something is making your laptop really slow, slower than its supposed to be.

1) If you haven't already modified your power settings, make sure your laptop is plugged into AC power when you're trying to play games. By default, the CPU will run slower to extend battery life.

2) Try running Gamebooster to shut down a ton of background crap that could be hogging all your computers resources.

3) If your laptop is running hot, it will slow itself down to prevent overheating. Try getting a laptop cooler and see if that helps your fps.

4) Make sure your HDD is set to defrag on a schedule (I think Win8 does this automatically). Try verifying TF2's game cache.

5) Update your graphics drivers just in case.

6) Try setting the -autoconfig launch option, this will make TF2 ignore any graphics configs and set all video settings to default just in case you have some strange setting that's crippling your performance.

7) Finally, if all else fails try reinstalling TF2 and forgoing all configs to see if a fresh install of TF2 with no altered settings still runs like garbage.

I'm not trying to make any promises here, but unless your computer is having some serious issues TF2 should be running at [i]least[/i] 60 fps at all times on your laptop with any decent config. However something is making your laptop really slow, slower than its supposed to be.

1) If you haven't already modified your power settings, make sure your laptop is plugged into AC power when you're trying to play games. By default, the CPU will run slower to extend battery life.

2) Try running Gamebooster to shut down a ton of background crap that could be hogging all your computers resources.

3) If your laptop is running hot, it will slow itself down to prevent overheating. Try getting a laptop cooler and see if that helps your fps.

4) Make sure your HDD is set to defrag on a schedule (I think Win8 does this automatically). Try verifying TF2's game cache.

5) Update your graphics drivers just in case.

6) Try setting the -autoconfig launch option, this will make TF2 ignore any graphics configs and set all video settings to default just in case you have some strange setting that's crippling your performance.

7) Finally, if all else fails try reinstalling TF2 and forgoing all configs to see if a fresh install of TF2 with no altered settings still runs like garbage.
3 Frags +
DrPloxoWhy the fuck did you buy fucking windows 8

goddamn, you're dumb

Windows 8 isn't even bad, it even runs some games faster. It has trouble with some older games though.

You're dumb.

[quote=DrPloxo]Why the fuck did you buy fucking windows 8

goddamn, you're dumb[/quote]
Windows 8 isn't even bad, it even runs some games faster. It has trouble with some older games though.

You're dumb.
0 Frags +
hookyDrPloxoWhy the fuck did you buy fucking windows 8

goddamn, you're dumb

You're dumb.

I dont think he meant it in the way of it ruins games fps but in the way that generally people prefer windows 7 over 8.

[quote=hooky][quote=DrPloxo]Why the fuck did you buy fucking windows 8

You're dumb.[/quote]

I dont think he meant it in the way of it ruins games fps but in the way that generally people prefer windows 7 over 8.
0 Frags +
zookeyhookyDrPloxoWhy the fuck did you buy fucking windows 8

goddamn, you're dumb

You're dumb.

Download start menu mod -> basically Windows 7 SP2

[quote=zookey][quote=hooky][quote=DrPloxo]Why the fuck did you buy fucking windows 8

You're dumb.[/quote]

I dont think he meant it in the way of it ruins games fps but in the way that generally people prefer windows 7 over 8.[/quote]
Download start menu mod -> basically Windows 7 SP2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.