Upvote Upvoted 2 Downvote Downvoted
ESEA Open
0 Frags +

What is the skill level of ESEA Open? Like in terms of UGC, is it silver+? I would also appreciate if someone would PM me a 1 week Premium code, so I can try out the pugs, thanks!

What is the skill level of ESEA Open? Like in terms of UGC, is it silver+? I would also appreciate if someone would PM me a 1 week Premium code, so I can try out the pugs, thanks!
5 Frags +

From playing Silver last season, the top of Silver is equal to low-mid Open ESEA/CEVO.

Also no one plays the ESEA TF2 Pugs.

From playing Silver last season, the top of Silver is equal to low-mid Open ESEA/CEVO.

Also no one plays the ESEA TF2 Pugs.
13 Frags +

if u wanted to average the skill in open it would probably be plat+, but there will always be teams that could compete in IM at the top of open.

and no one really uses the pug system for tf2

if u wanted to average the skill in open it would probably be plat+, but there will always be teams that could compete in IM at the top of open.

and no one really uses the pug system for tf2
0 Frags +

no pugs happen in tf2 esea. if you want to pug 6s tf2, go to the irc #tf2mix, or go to atf2.org

no pugs happen in tf2 esea. if you want to pug 6s tf2, go to the irc #tf2mix, or go to atf2.org
10 Frags +

I've seen some UGC silver 6's players on the low-end of open, but the high end will have ex-invite/IM players as well as seasoned Open veterans.

If you want to improve, skipping UGC 6's and playing in Open (and putting the work in, of course) is the fast track of getting you there. Having a good group to play with is important, and if everyone on the team is open minded and willing to change their playstyle to benefit the team, as well as put the work in (DM/MGE/demo reviews/etc), improvement will come a lot easier.

I've seen some UGC silver 6's players on the low-end of open, but the high end will have ex-invite/IM players as well as seasoned Open veterans.

If you want to improve, skipping UGC 6's and playing in Open (and putting the work in, of course) is the fast track of getting you there. Having a good group to play with is important, and if everyone on the team is open minded and willing to change their playstyle to benefit the team, as well as put the work in (DM/MGE/demo reviews/etc), improvement will come a lot easier.
1 Frags +

Open can vary from steel-silverish to above platinum. Its incredibly diverse in terms of skill level, and really it doesn't matter whenever you get into open because like i said, it varies alot. You'll play against better players and become better yourself.

Also, ignore ESEA TF2 pugs. The pug system doesn't really work for TF2(somebody else can tell you why) and you only need a 1 week premium code if you're playing CSGO pugs or 10mans.

For tf2 pugs try inhouse pickup games, pug.na(if its even still alive) tf2mix, tf2center if you're new to the game, and i'm sure theres something else out there.

Best of luck, enjoy the game

Open can vary from steel-silverish to above platinum. Its incredibly diverse in terms of skill level, and really it doesn't matter whenever you get into open because like i said, it varies alot. You'll play against better players and become better yourself.

Also, ignore ESEA TF2 pugs. The pug system doesn't really work for TF2(somebody else can tell you why) and you only need a 1 week premium code if you're playing CSGO pugs or 10mans.

For tf2 pugs try inhouse pickup games, pug.na(if its even still alive) tf2mix, tf2center if you're new to the game, and i'm sure theres something else out there.

Best of luck, enjoy the game
0 Frags +

Well, I'm looking to be med in low silver, but if I happen to get on an Open team, will I have to be Premium to play the matches?

Well, I'm looking to be med in low silver, but if I happen to get on an Open team, will I have to be Premium to play the matches?
2 Frags +
icyfrenzyWell, I'm looking to be med in low silver, but if I happen to get on an Open team, will I have to be Premium to play the matches?

Yes, as well as pay league fees.

[quote=icyfrenzy]Well, I'm looking to be med in low silver, but if I happen to get on an Open team, will I have to be Premium to play the matches?[/quote]Yes, as well as pay league fees.
15 Frags +

If you actually care about getting better at this game then just play open.

If you actually care about getting better at this game then just play open.
-5 Frags +

I'm UGC Plastic... But since my team went green, we are UGC Paper now.

I'm UGC Plastic... But since my team went green, we are UGC Paper now.
1 Frags +
icyfrenzyWell, I'm looking to be med in low silver, but if I happen to get on an Open team, will I have to be Premium to play the matches?

You have to pay for 2 things when you play esea

The open fee which is $10 or something like that, and premium which lets you play on the esea servers and that's like $7 a month. It's better to go straight with the 3 month plan for premium because its cheaper and a season usually lasts 3 months (about 4 months if you're on a playoff team so you'd have to pay for an extra month/get free premium codes from someone).

Also worth noting cevo right now has pretty much the same skill level compared to esea and its cheaper ($15 for the entire season I believe?), if you find a team that wants to do cevo instead.

[quote=icyfrenzy]Well, I'm looking to be med in low silver, but if I happen to get on an Open team, will I have to be Premium to play the matches?[/quote]

The open fee which is $10 or something like that, and premium which lets you play on the esea servers and that's like $7 a month. It's better to go straight with the 3 month plan for premium because its cheaper and a season usually lasts 3 months (about 4 months if you're on a playoff team so you'd have to pay for an extra month/get free premium codes from someone).

Also worth noting cevo right now has pretty much the same skill level compared to esea and its cheaper ($15 for the entire season I believe?), if you find a team that wants to do cevo instead.
1 Frags +
edyicyfrenzyWell, I'm looking to be med in low silver, but if I happen to get on an Open team, will I have to be Premium to play the matches?

18 dollars for a season of Cevo

[quote=edy][quote=icyfrenzy]Well, I'm looking to be med in low silver, but if I happen to get on an Open team, will I have to be Premium to play the matches?[/quote]

Also worth noting cevo right now has pretty much the same skill level compared to esea and its cheaper ($15 for the entire season I believe?), if you find a team that wants to do cevo instead.[/quote]
0 Frags +
aieraedyicyfrenzyWell, I'm looking to be med in low silver, but if I happen to get on an Open team, will I have to be Premium to play the matches?

60 dollars for Invite... and I lost my premium.

[quote=aiera][quote=edy][quote=icyfrenzy]Well, I'm looking to be med in low silver, but if I happen to get on an Open team, will I have to be Premium to play the matches?[/quote]

Also worth noting cevo right now has pretty much the same skill level compared to esea and its cheaper ($15 for the entire season I believe?), if you find a team that wants to do cevo instead.[/quote]
18 dollars for a season of Cevo[/quote]

60 dollars for Invite... and I lost my premium.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.