Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Opening a Steelseries Kana?
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

Hey,

for a while now, my left button has been really loose, and sometimes it doesn't respond when I click, while it works perfectly on the right. This is really annoying, especially when I play demo, because stickyspamming only works half the time. So I was thinking of taking it apart, and seeing if I could find the issue. Problem is, I have no idea how to open this thing, I can't see any screws, and I am scared of ripping the top off and breaking it, since I am poor as fuck and I need it for LAN in august. I couldn't find anything on this subject on the internet.

tl;dr: how do I open the steelseries kana without breaking it?

Hey,

for a while now, my left button has been really loose, and sometimes it doesn't respond when I click, while it works perfectly on the right. This is really annoying, especially when I play demo, because stickyspamming only works half the time. So I was thinking of taking it apart, and seeing if I could find the issue. Problem is, I have no idea how to open this thing, I can't see any screws, and I am scared of ripping the top off and breaking it, since I am poor as fuck and I need it for LAN in august. I couldn't find anything on this subject on the internet.

tl;dr: how do I open the steelseries kana without breaking it?
0 Frags +

the screws are probably located under the mouse feet, if you're careful you can remove them, unscrew and do everything you need to and put them back on

the screws are probably located under the mouse feet, if you're careful you can remove them, unscrew and do everything you need to and put them back on
2 Frags +
hpqoeuthe screws are probably located under the mouse feet, if you're careful you can remove them, unscrew and do everything you need to and put them back on

thanks, it worked. The mousefeet are only slightly bent, and I can't feel it so far, atleast.

Also, fun thing is that I ended up fixing it with duct tape of all things. This stuff really is amazing, I fixed my keyboard with it last year too rofl

[quote=hpqoeu]the screws are probably located under the mouse feet, if you're careful you can remove them, unscrew and do everything you need to and put them back on[/quote]

thanks, it worked. The mousefeet are only slightly bent, and I can't feel it so far, atleast.

Also, fun thing is that I ended up fixing it with duct tape of all things. This stuff really is amazing, I fixed my keyboard with it last year too rofl
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.