Upvote Upvoted 11 Downvote Downvoted
ESEA S17 IM Power Rankings Week 3
posted in News
london_calling
August 4, 2014

WELOVEANIME is the first team in IM to call it quits so far this season, lets hope they are the last team to die any time soon, as the division is already hurting for the number of teams. Granary week turned up some fairly predictable results, and a few near upsets. Blockback has shown to be nearly untouchable at this point, but with TicTack leaving at some random point in the season and his replacement not confirmed this leads me to believe that they might slip up somewhere along the line, but maybe not in the regular season quite yet. The map of the week will be gullywash, known for a last point that is tough to push for some teams and a middle point that caps just as fast as the second point, which can open up an opportunity for some cheeky backcaps if one was so inclined. One thing is for sure: don't stand on the grates on battlements.

1. Blockback Mountain (4-0)

• Erika
  • TicTack
  • Cbn
  • Block
  • Newspeak
  • Freestate

Blockback's granary week was pretty smooth, with a quick 5-0 victory over Japanifest Destiny and surprisingly dropping 2 rounds to the Fantazzmagazzlers who just recently picked up dflame. The rest of their schedule won't be too hard until the end of the season, most likely, and granary week will offer a FFW and what should be a 5-0 over LoLBEASTMODE. While it is fairly well known at this point that Blockback won't be holding on to TicTack for the much longer this season, it is unclear when he is done and where he is going. The powerhouse pocket soldier will be sorely missed, as I feel like he has brought what Blockback was most lacking last season, namely ubers that get it done the first time after Cbn's sacrifice wins them uber advantage. Until Badlands week though, Blockback gets a vacation this week after a pretty intense start.

2. Cisco Adlers Balls (3-1)

• dbw
  • Tri
  • Boink
  • Cosa
  • Kapow
  • Schnell

We have yet to see the team formerly known as Xero Error gaming play with their full 6, with both Boink and dbw out this last week with rick and Nosferatu filling in. It almost cost them to use so many ringers with a narrow 5-4 victory over Revenge of the Yomies, who I did not expect to make such a close game of it. Tri and Schnell did a ton of work though, and the team clutched the last round at mid for the last round win. These little inconsistencies have a lot to do with not playing with the same people from week to week, no doubt, but since it hasn't quite caught up to these guys and gals yet, we'll just have to wait for the return of Boink to see how the next few weeks play out. Their gully matches will be against Fantazzmagazzlers and BUDSQUAD which shouldn't turn into upsets even if they do have a couple ringers. Fantazzmagazzlers just picked up dflame, which isn't necessarily game changing, and BUDSQUAD just has been missing something for the last couple seasons...oh yeah its a hacking Brazilian sniper on the roster, that’s right.

3. Nothing 2 Prove TF2 (4-0)

• Valkeri
  • ClandestinePZ
  • PurpleShirt
  • Desca
  • Reimu
  • Rave

Yeah, how does a team that wasn't even in the rankings make it into 3rd place with so many other worthy teams to take their place? The short answer is there still isn't enough conclusive match evidence on how all these teams actually rank up next to eachother, and that N2P is only one of 2 undefeated teams in the division right now. So here is to their week in the top 3 with their victory over Satan Takes the Wheel and otherwise defeating some teams who are having it a little rough this season so far. Their undefeated record will be tested this week by the Subspace Emissaries who have been trying to bounc back from some early losing streaks, and by God Complex who has been having some mixed match results due to an almost entirely new roster, although I think some of that is going away with the passing of time. By week three, I would expect some consistency at the least, and I think the match between N2P and God Complex will be a good one to watch. Whether N2P will maintain their spot in the top 3 remains to be seen.

4. Satan Take the Wheel (3-1)

• rchl
  • Smile
  • GBB
  • Xan
  • Stochast1c
  • silkthread

Satan Takes the Wheel take their first loss of the season to N2P last week after a very convincing 5-0 victory over SYOPS TF2 which I honestly thought was going to be a little closer than that. This week we'll get to see Xan take back some wins for his team on gullywash, where I expect he and smile will put out some fierce DPS at mids and during pushes. Their real challenge this week will be against Subspace Emissaries as long as Pamphlet brings his “A game” and fights fire with fire. Satan takes the Wheel will have a pretty well matched schedule for the rest of the season, with match ups on the board with almost every team in the top 8 so far. Their performance after gullywash week will define them, giving us a clear picture of how this team will fit in with the rest of the playoff hopefuls.

5. God Complex (3-1)

• Jodd
  • BlueberryVillain
  • Rekuso
  • JDMYoshioka
  • Downpour
  • River

God Complex comes through granary week with their record more or less intact, although dropping four rounds to Subspace both speaks to the inconsistencies in how God Complex plays and to some renewed vigor by Subspace to climb out of their hole and back into the playoff race. Downpour continues to top the scoreboard with his buddy River, and Rekuso is consistently putting out big damage numbers as roamer. The combo continues to be solid in most situations, but its pretty obvious who the big playmakers are on the team. This week, we'll see if God Complex has meshed their people into a semblance of stability with matches against N2P and The Grime, both solid teams in their own right who I have a sneaky suspicion to be in the small bubble for the playoff race towards the end of the season. If that is the case, a win against God Complex this week could go a long way.

6. JAPANIFEST DESTINY (2-2)

• London
  • Doll
  • Lunacide
  • Conductor
  • Kev
  • zZa

Japanifest Destiny lost a match to Blockback Mountain after winning a relatively straight forward game against the Grime. The week wasn't all that exciting, and sorry to say pretty predictable. This week on gully they'll be playing SYOPS and Fantazzmagazzlers, where they will probably end up dropping a round or two to both teams but still coming out on top if their past matches are anything to go off of. If anyone would like to write about this team for the duration of their time in the power rankings, please contact me. You can be as mean as you want, I won't care.

7. Goldman Sachs (3-1)

• MR SLIN
  • Goldfish
  • Zigzter
  • Hooli
  • Devon
  • Jav

Goldman Sachs had a pretty uneventful granary week with two wins over SYOPS and LoLBEASTMODE, neither match being all that much to speak to. This week they will be challenged by eighth place team Revenge of the Yomies on gullywash, which might be a little closer than people may think. Yomies have been showing to be pretty solid early this season, admittedly I don't expect them to be some kind of sleeper team but they have the capacity to make some upsets happen as shown last week. Sachs should still win this match up, but with a few well timed throws they could end up throwing some rounds to the Yomies they probably shouldn't be able to. Their second match against BUDSQUAD shouldn't be too big of a deal, but will still be a match longer than 30 minutes hopefully.

8. Revenge of the Yomies (3-1)

• Zilly
  • CJ
  • Yeremy
  • Saint
  • scizor
  • pangy

The Yomies could have come away with an upset victory by almost taking 4 rounds from Mangachu sux, but unfortunately granary mid was just too much for them. Despite having the best DM on the team, Pangy somehow consistently is bottom damaging for the team, and in some cases losing rounds for his team by throwing away opportunities that should be capitalized on. If I was a team leader, I would cut this kid before he throws the whole season, but thats just my opinion. All hard to discern jokes aside, I've become more and more impressed by this team and expect this week to be crazy. The Yomies are a wildcard on my list, anything could happen. For instance, I will not be surprised if N2P loses to Saint and crew, and in fact will go out on a limb here and predict a 5-3 victory in favor of Revenge of the Yomies. Suck it, Rave.

Match of the Week: Nothing 2 Prove TF2 vs God Complex
  • Valkeri
  • ClandestinePZ
  • PurpleShirt
  • Desca
  • Reimu
  • Rave

• Jodd
  • BlueberryVillain
  • Rekuso
  • JDMYoshioka
  • Downpour
  • River

This match up will determine a playoff spot in the long run if my nerd calculations are correct, although in just two weeks so many weird things have happened that I might as well throw those out of the window. God Complex is coming in as the favorites to win this one, but it is not over for N2P if they want to steal the win here. PurpleShirt is looking decent this season, although he tends to be a tad bit predictable at times. On the flip side, Rekuso strives to do some weird and wacky plays that sometimes pay off for his team and other times does not. Both roamers will be challenged on gully to break the stalemates between mid and second, and to open up opportunities to push last as well. At the risk of being wrong again, I will predict a 5-3 in favor of God Complex, but if something weird (ie an upset) happens I won't be surprised to say the least.

Players to Watch: Downpour, Rekuso, Rave, PurpleShirt

4 Frags +

Open Power Rankings will be delayed until further tonight, I was out of town all weekend and am just now getting to all the write ups.

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

Open Power Rankings will be delayed until further tonight, I was out of town all weekend and am just now getting to all the write ups.

4 Frags +

i swear ur just doing that on purpose when you play against mausy

good read

i swear ur just doing that on purpose when you play against mausy

good read
1 Frags +

subspace and grime matches are gonna be bretty good this week too

subspace and grime matches are gonna be bretty good this week too
-9 Frags +

as far as I'm aware nosferatu is finishing the season for cisco alder's balls

as far as I'm aware nosferatu is finishing the season for cisco alder's balls
0 Frags +

where's op-

london_callingOpen Power Rankings will be delayed until further tonight, I was out of town all weekend and am just now getting to all the write ups.

o. good read

where's op-[quote=london_calling]Open Power Rankings will be delayed until further tonight, I was out of town all weekend and am just now getting to all the write ups.

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE.[/quote]

o. good read
1 Frags +

garbuglio is just too much for im....

garbuglio is just too much for im....
13 Frags +
Mangachuas far as I'm aware nosferatu is finishing the season for cisco alder's balls

he is?

[quote=Mangachu]as far as I'm aware nosferatu is finishing the season for cisco alder's balls[/quote]
he is?
4 Frags +

MAUSY

[b][size=16]MAUSY[/size][/b]
Momentum Mod
1 Frags +

he's a great boy

he's a great boy
-3 Frags +

Mausy <3

Good luck to all the other teams this week!

Mausy <3

Good luck to all the other teams this week!
2 Frags +

ill do it for you chris

ill do it for you chris
2 Frags +
downpourill do it for you chris

thanks bud, i expect a full write up for next week by sunday night or you are fired.

[quote=downpour]ill do it for you chris[/quote]

thanks bud, i expect a full write up for next week by sunday night or you are fired.
0 Frags +

o-oh

o-oh
3 Frags +

fyi london your teammates lurked my aliases and took the name "JAPANIFEST DESTINY" for themselves

zzz im looking at you sakura

fyi london your teammates lurked my aliases and took the name "JAPANIFEST DESTINY" for themselves

2 Frags +
wfyi london your teammates lurked my aliases and took the name "JAPANIFEST DESTINY" for themselves

oh i'm well aware of where the name came from hahaha

[quote=w]fyi london your teammates lurked my aliases and took the name "JAPANIFEST DESTINY" for themselves

zzz im looking at you sakura[/quote]

oh i'm well aware of where the name came from hahaha
-5 Frags +

you are getting spicy about aliases literally fucking get shot

you are getting spicy about aliases literally fucking get shot
cp_granary_pro
2 Frags +

fog i thought you quit

http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=stats&d=match&id=3755824

fog i thought you quit

http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=stats&d=match&id=3755824
0 Frags +

Nobody ever quits

Nobody ever quits
-3 Frags +

big fog commin' in hot

big fog commin' in hot
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.