Upvote Upvoted 12 Downvote Downvoted
working multiple jobs
posted in Off Topic
0 Frags +

by mid september i am prob working at least 3 jobs (1 full-time, 2 part-time)

just wondering if there are any people out there who worked more than 1 job at a time that can give me some tips so i can cope with stress, schedule, etc.

thanks!

by mid september i am prob working at least 3 jobs (1 full-time, 2 part-time)

just wondering if there are any people out there who worked more than 1 job at a time that can give me some tips so i can cope with stress, schedule, etc.

thanks!
25 Frags +

sleep is literally the most important thing you can make sure to get

have a regular sleep schedule

eat well

exercise when you can if its not involved in your work

working that much is super dangerous, if youre feeling burnt out dont make yourself sick over it

sleep is literally the most important thing you can make sure to get

have a regular sleep schedule

eat well

exercise when you can if its not involved in your work

working that much is super dangerous, if youre feeling burnt out dont make yourself sick over it
3 Frags +

If someone says that you seem different, listen. Working that much could very easily stress you to the point of depression and it is way easier for other people to notice it than for you to realize it yourself. Also Mason is right about eating/sleeping/exercising. It's amazing how much better they can make you feel. I should probably work on those myself.

If someone says that you seem different, listen. Working that much could very easily stress you to the point of depression and it is way easier for other people to notice it than for you to realize it yourself. Also Mason is right about eating/sleeping/exercising. It's amazing how much better they can make you feel. I should probably work on those myself.
5 Frags +

I worked upwards of 80 (sometimes 90) hours a week for most of last year. At the end, I was exhausted and hibernated for a month.
Keep your schedule as regimented as possible. It's easy for your time to slip by and to have things take you unaware. It's also easy to want to sleep in some of the days, skip work, etc. Don't do that unless you have to. Set yourself a regular bedtime, stick to it.
On the weekends or when you have time off, it's important to keep some social interactions in your life. That being said, sleep and rest should be prioritized so if you're not keen on meeting up with friends, cancel and take care of yourself first.
For me, I don't think I could have gotten through it without running in the morning. I got up two to three hours early and just went running for a long, long time. It cuts back on sleep, but I found the stress relief and the ensuing runners high was more than enough to make up for it. It helps you center yourself. Obviously you don't need to run that much, or run at all, but physical exercise is going to be critical.
Keep your eyes on whatever your future goal is and be sure to treat yourself. It's easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of work you'll be doing, but I presume you have a reason for doing so. Keep that in mind, and splurge (when you can afford it).
Be sure to stay on good terms with your coworkers and be upfront about it if you think you'll be tired, irritable, etc. Spending that much time at work with people you don't like is a death sentence.

I worked upwards of 80 (sometimes 90) hours a week for most of last year. At the end, I was exhausted and hibernated for a month.
Keep your schedule as regimented as possible. It's easy for your time to slip by and to have things take you unaware. It's also easy to want to sleep in some of the days, skip work, etc. Don't do that unless you have to. Set yourself a regular bedtime, stick to it.
On the weekends or when you have time off, it's important to keep some social interactions in your life. That being said, sleep and rest should be prioritized so if you're not keen on meeting up with friends, cancel and take care of yourself first.
For me, I don't think I could have gotten through it without running in the morning. I got up two to three hours early and just went running for a long, long time. It cuts back on sleep, but I found the stress relief and the ensuing runners high was more than enough to make up for it. It helps you center yourself. Obviously you don't need to run that much, or run at all, but physical exercise is going to be critical.
Keep your eyes on whatever your future goal is and be sure to treat yourself. It's easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of work you'll be doing, but I presume you have a reason for doing so. Keep that in mind, and splurge (when you can afford it).
Be sure to stay on good terms with your coworkers and be upfront about it if you think you'll be tired, irritable, etc. Spending that much time at work with people you don't like is a death sentence.
2 Frags +

I've done the exact same thing as you for over a year. (1 full time, 2 part time) It's extremely difficult but you have to try and set some "me time". It'll help with relaxation. Make sure your schedule is as steady as possible and prepare yourself ahead of time. And like was said earlier, sleep is important!

I've done the exact same thing as you for over a year. (1 full time, 2 part time) It's extremely difficult but you have to try and set some "me time". It'll help with relaxation. Make sure your schedule is as steady as possible and prepare yourself ahead of time. And like was said earlier, sleep is important!
2 Frags +

cant
go
on
without
SLEEEEEPP

And I pretty much worked 2 jobs with doing engineering school + part-time job + officer in a couple professional societies. It really kept me busy. I liked it. But you really have to force yourself to do things or else you wont have time to do them later.

BTW, the stress ended up getting to me and I ended up taking a year off of school before graduating. So be careful. Do not neglect those who are closest to you.

cant
go
on
without[color=red]
SLEEEEEPP[/color]

And I pretty much worked 2 jobs with doing engineering school + part-time job + officer in a couple professional societies. It really kept me busy. I liked it. But you really have to force yourself to do things or else you wont have time to do them later.

BTW, the stress ended up getting to me and I ended up taking a year off of school before graduating. So be careful. Do not neglect those who are closest to you.
9 Frags +

I worked lots and lots of OT at a factory for almost 4 years (money for college and child) - it ended up nearly crippling me for life.

If it's physical labor that's intensive - don't be afraid of telling a supervisor that you're in pain because you may just end up spending the following years taking daily medications and visiting doctors every few weeks like myself - and being perpetually on the verge of financial collapse :/

I worked lots and lots of OT at a factory for almost 4 years (money for college and child) - it ended up nearly crippling me for life.

If it's physical labor that's intensive - don't be afraid of telling a supervisor that you're in pain because you may just end up spending the following years taking daily medications and visiting doctors every few weeks like myself - and being perpetually on the verge of financial collapse :/
4 Frags +

make sure there's an endgame if you're working more than 1 job. most people i know eventually flip the fuck out and quit one or more of the jobs because if youre just working 80 hrs a week to support your lifestyle youre gonna flip shit.

make sure there's an endgame if you're working more than 1 job. most people i know eventually flip the fuck out and quit one or more of the jobs because if youre just working 80 hrs a week to support your lifestyle youre gonna flip shit.
2 Frags +

dude just do what rick does and slang mp3 bluetooth gpen bitcoin miner vapes to all ur friends its mad profiable yo people just dont realize it yet yo

dude just do what rick does and slang mp3 bluetooth gpen bitcoin miner vapes to all ur friends its mad profiable yo people just dont realize it yet yo
4 Frags +

the most I've ever worked is 2 jobs for around 60hrs a week that shit was brutal

for those of u working more than 2 jobs u just gotta keep Ur head in check that shit will drive u insane if u let it, I kno my boy was relying on 3 jobs to pay rent/school and straight up got burnt out of life

also if you can find a part time job with full health benefits to compliment a full time job its a decent deal.. that will supplement some unexpected costs and keep down some stress I known a bunch of ppl stressed the fuck out worrying if they get hurt at work

I've always had a side business too lucky for me I enjoy it but there's a lot of ways to make cash on the side without it feeling like work

the most I've ever worked is 2 jobs for around 60hrs a week that shit was brutal

for those of u working more than 2 jobs u just gotta keep Ur head in check that shit will drive u insane if u let it, I kno my boy was relying on 3 jobs to pay rent/school and straight up got burnt out of life

also if you can find a part time job with full health benefits to compliment a full time job its a decent deal.. that will supplement some unexpected costs and keep down some stress I known a bunch of ppl stressed the fuck out worrying if they get hurt at work

I've always had a side business too lucky for me I enjoy it but there's a lot of ways to make cash on the side without it feeling like work
9 Frags +

if tf2 dies we should make this forum into some sort of life help discussion community.

if tf2 dies we should make this forum into some sort of life help discussion community.
12 Frags +

sry for necro. im working around 65-70 hrs/week although 2 of the jobs i sit in a truck half of the time

just want to say thx for all suggestions. they really helped me these past few weeks

sry for necro. im working around 65-70 hrs/week although 2 of the jobs i sit in a truck half of the time

just want to say thx for all suggestions. they really helped me these past few weeks
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.