Upvote Upvoted 50 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3
maincall.tf
0 Frags +

Hello. This is exciting.

We’re Maincall, a rag-tag collective of casters, writers, artists and people so enthusiastic about competitive TF2 our eyeballs have all been replaced up to four times apiece due to sheer screen burn, and we want to make TF2 the best and most incredible spectacle it’s ever been.

Here’s how we’re going to do it.

CASTING

Over the next ETF2L season, once the muggy, Sambuca-laced haze of i52 has passed, we’re going to be casting some of the best Division 1 and Premiership games - not unnecessarily cluttering or fragmenting the scene, but making sure our game is always covered at its highest levels.

This is the core of Maincall, it’s what we were set up to do, and we’ve got outrageously, nearly untenably high production standards to match. We’ve also got a commentary team who are hugely talented, wonderful, knowledgable and well-spoken people. Even if some of them are div 5.

I like them, at least. Take a look at our directory for the full list, and be sure to tune in next season.

TOURNAMENTS

My just saying that probably doesn’t prove it, which is why we’re going to put on a bit of a pre-season show; an introductory competition, open to all, with prizes of serveme.tf donator access, video games and £120 / 150€ in cold, hard cash.

It’s called The People’s Cup, a slightly worrying yet hopefully successful, or if not that, at least fun exercise in democracy, where we’ve selected some of our favourite custom maps to be played, so long as you, that fickle community that we all hate so dearly, choose them.

We’ll be making videos outlining calls and rollouts, so you spend more time actually playing than spinning around as you fluff your rollout down the same corridor six times running, and they’ll be released when the maps have been selected, or on Monday 25th.

If you don’t want to pay up, fair enough! The finals and semi-finals will be casted by us, over at www.twitch.tv/maincall. It's almost the same experience.

Signups and voting begins today and ends on Monday 25th, and the games begin on the 28th. Check out www.maincall.tf/tpc for more information.

MONEY

This is the part of Maincall which I think is the most important. Maincall is designed to run in the red, year on year. It is, like so many other parts of this game, a labour of love.

But here’s the deal: everything, every penny, every single unit of anything resembling currency that passes through our grimy, sweat-streaked palms, goes back into ETF2L’s prize pool for next season.

We’re not going to pretend that it’s going to make Prem players millionaires, or even make this game a real eSport - it just isn’t, it’s still a closed loop and it relies on you guys, but we hope it’ll make the highest echelons of TF2 feel just a little bit less like a hobby.

We’re going to do it in three ways: by selling beautiful merch, running paid competitions (see above), and, most importantly, making sure that everything we can do to make this game better and bigger and more truly spectacular will be done.

That’s really vague, I know, but, we’re going to start slowly. We’ve got tonnes of plans and whether they require man-hours, money, effort, or all three, we’re more than happy to give any resource we can. We don’t want to make any mistakes, and we definitely don’t want to tread on anyone’s toes, but we want to be ambitious and make awesome things.

With that all said and done, let’s make our dead game the biggest and the best show it’s ever been.

Stick around. We can’t wait to show you what we’ve got to come.

- MAINCALL, 2014

Hello. This is exciting.

We’re [url=http://maincall.tf]Maincall[/url], a rag-tag collective of casters, writers, artists and people so enthusiastic about competitive TF2 our eyeballs have all been replaced up to four times apiece due to sheer screen burn, and we want to make TF2 the best and most incredible spectacle it’s ever been.

Here’s how we’re going to do it.

[b]CASTING[/b]

Over the next ETF2L season, once the muggy, Sambuca-laced haze of i52 has passed, we’re going to be casting some of the best Division 1 and Premiership games - not unnecessarily cluttering or fragmenting the scene, but making sure our game is always covered at its highest levels.

This is the core of Maincall, it’s what we were set up to do, and we’ve got outrageously, nearly untenably high production standards to match. We’ve also got a commentary team who are hugely talented, wonderful, knowledgable and well-spoken people. Even if some of them are div 5.

I like them, at least. Take a look at our [url=http://maincall.tf/directory]directory[/url] for the full list, and be sure to tune in next season.

[b]TOURNAMENTS[/b]

My just saying that probably doesn’t prove it, which is why we’re going to put on a bit of a pre-season show; an introductory competition, open to all, with prizes of serveme.tf donator access, video games and £120 / 150€ in cold, hard cash.

It’s called The People’s Cup, a slightly worrying yet hopefully successful, or if not that, at least fun exercise in democracy, where we’ve selected some of our favourite custom maps to be played, so long as you, that fickle community that we all hate so dearly, choose them.

We’ll be making videos outlining calls and rollouts, so you spend more time actually playing than spinning around as you fluff your rollout down the same corridor six times running, and they’ll be released when the maps have been selected, or on Monday 25th.

If you don’t want to pay up, fair enough! The finals and semi-finals will be casted by us, over at www.twitch.tv/maincall. It's almost the same experience.

Signups and voting begins today and ends on Monday 25th, and the games begin on the 28th. Check out www.maincall.tf/tpc for more information.

[b]MONEY[/b]

This is the part of Maincall which I think is the most important. Maincall is designed to run in the red, year on year. It is, like so many other parts of this game, a labour of love.

But here’s the deal: everything, every penny, every single unit of anything resembling currency that passes through our grimy, sweat-streaked palms, goes back into ETF2L’s prize pool for next season.

We’re not going to pretend that it’s going to make Prem players millionaires, or even make this game a real eSport - it just isn’t, it’s still a closed loop and it relies on you guys, but we hope it’ll make the highest echelons of TF2 feel just a little bit less like a hobby.

We’re going to do it in three ways: by selling beautiful merch, running paid competitions (see above), and, most importantly, making sure that everything we can do to make this game better and bigger and more truly spectacular will be done.

That’s really vague, I know, but, we’re going to start slowly. We’ve got tonnes of plans and whether they require man-hours, money, effort, or all three, we’re more than happy to give any resource we can. We don’t want to make any mistakes, and we definitely don’t want to tread on anyone’s toes, but we want to be ambitious and make awesome things.

With that all said and done, let’s make our dead game the biggest and the best show it’s ever been.

Stick around. We can’t wait to show you what we’ve got to come.

- MAINCALL, 2014
8 Frags +

sick. good luck! =)

sick. good luck! =)
4 Frags +

Sounds exciting!

Sounds exciting!
2 Frags +

This is really good for the community, I can't wait to see where this goes.

This is really good for the community, I can't wait to see where this goes.
2 Frags +

pics

pics
3 Frags +

Nice idea !

If you need some manpower at some point i could help a bit =)

Nice idea !

If you need some manpower at some point i could help a bit =)
7 Frags +

Super excited for this, can't thank all of you enough for the work you're putting in to this.
I don't see the reason into testing old maps like obscure, warmfront, vanguard, tidal, bazillion.

You might aswell go ahead and add the new maps that might make the next season so they could also give somewhat of an insight on which map was played the best because ETF2L won't do a "one-day-cup" for every new map that is brought up.
Not only that, you would give active map makers that are working on those maps some more insight on the maps that didn't get a chance to play in a season.

Will still pay in and play no matter what, keep up the good work.

Super excited for this, can't thank all of you enough for the work you're putting in to this.
I don't see the reason into testing old maps like obscure, warmfront, vanguard, tidal, bazillion.

You might aswell go ahead and add the new maps that might make the next season so they could also give somewhat of an insight on which map was played the best because ETF2L won't do a "one-day-cup" for every new map that is brought up.
Not only that, you would give active map makers that are working on those maps some more insight on the maps that didn't get a chance to play in a season.

Will still pay in and play no matter what, keep up the good work.
2 Frags +

That's a good point and one that really I should have been clearer about.

We're not testing old maps per se, but they're a selection of our favourite maps from 50+ doublemixes that we've done over the last couple months. These were the ones that got the best reception among d3-d6 people, and were just the most fun to play.

Also the sheer volume of 'Obscure Obscure Obscure' comments after the Turbine announcement was definitely part of its inclusion, I personally don't enjoy it very much but the 'new generation' of comp TF2 players haven't had a chance to witness its imperfections ;)

I completely agree with you when it comes to new maps – the only real contender that I've seen has been Logjam though, and that's obviously in there. If there were alternatives which we thought actually had a shot then we'd definitely have put them in, but the current state of current custom maps is, as far as I can tell, a little dire:

Metalworks: voted out by 50% of Prem, the map everyone loves to hate.
Sunshine: vicious response from EU after the One Night Cup
Glassworks: far too large from our playtests, definitely a contender for HL though.
Sandstone: not reached pro yet, will definitely have a look when Fantasmos releases that version.
Intermodal: didn't fare well in any of our doublemixes, as well as HL hate.
Grizzly: didn't fare well in any of our doublemixes.
Convolve: textureless, appears to have been abandoned, was actually a lot of fun.

etc.

If there's any I've missed then do tell me and we'll definitely have a look at it. I'm really enthusiastic about custom maps so I'd love to give them the platform they need, whether that's reliable doublemixes or tournaments we're happy to provide.

Cheers!

That's a good point and one that really I should have been clearer about.

We're not testing old maps per se, but they're a selection of our favourite maps from 50+ doublemixes that we've done over the last couple months. These were the ones that got the best reception among d3-d6 people, and were just the most fun to play.

Also the sheer volume of 'Obscure Obscure Obscure' comments after the Turbine announcement was definitely part of its inclusion, I personally don't enjoy it very much but the 'new generation' of comp TF2 players haven't had a chance to witness its imperfections ;)

I completely agree with you when it comes to new maps – the only real contender that I've seen has been Logjam though, and that's obviously in there. If there were alternatives which we thought actually had a shot then we'd definitely have put them in, but the current state of current custom maps is, as far as I can tell, a little dire:

Glassworks: far too large from our playtests, definitely a contender for HL though.
Sandstone: not reached pro yet, will definitely have a look when Fantasmos releases that version.
Convolve: textureless, appears to have been abandoned, was actually a lot of fun.

etc.

If there's any I've missed then do tell me and we'll definitely have a look at it. I'm really enthusiastic about custom maps so I'd love to give them the platform they need, whether that's reliable doublemixes or tournaments we're happy to provide.

Cheers!
2 Frags +

gief blu shirt plz cannot buy?!

gief blu shirt plz cannot buy?!
2 Frags +

I'll be ordering the screens shortly for some of that hand-screen-printing action!

I'll be ordering the screens shortly for some of that hand-screen-printing action!
4 Frags +

Metalworks isn't actually that bad.

Also, when will The People's Cup take place?

Metalworks isn't actually that bad.

0 Frags +
Alfie

Games begin on the 28th, and will continue until the tournament is done, which will obviously depend on how many sign ups we get and therefore how we structure the tournament

EDIT: I've been informed that the 28th is not a set date. However, the finals will definitely happen on the 1st.

[quote=Alfie]

Also, when will The People's Cup take place?[/quote]

[s]Games begin on the 28th, and will continue until the tournament is done, which will obviously depend on how many sign ups we get and therefore how we structure the tournament[/s]

EDIT: I've been informed that the 28th is not a set date. However, the finals will definitely happen on the 1st.
5 Frags +
hashtagchanMetalworks: voted out by 50% of Prem, the map everyone loves to hate.

Metalworks was taken out, and it wasn't right for it been taken out, since it was a great map, which look for example in the NA scene, it survived for couple seasons already, it only needed proper feedback to Scorpio so he could've altered it to make so it can be tested out a bit more.

Sunshine did not receive any vicious response, it got constructive response when we suggested the map maker changes that were needed in order to make it more fluent and playable, it was dropped by ETF2L however for some unknown reason, from my perspective after playing the map all the way to the finals, it felt very good, even though it was before Deer improved it.

Sandstone looks great, but it needs players to play so the final pro version would come out finally, the map maker won't just make changes on his own mind, he needs people to give feedback on it so he can finally release it so bringing it to the cup would make great sense.

Glassworks looks kinda nice, yet nobody ever made a move to give it a go, since it was never really tested I can't give my opinion on it.
Intermodal is more of an HL map than a 6's, after playtesting it somewhat.
Grizzly, never played it, can't give my opinion on it.
Convolve didn't receive much of a playtest so I can't give my opinion on that matter.

However, since you've clearly looked at some of the new maps I'll give you a couple more to consider:

koth_airfield, a very popular 4's map (yes I know, 4's isn't serious or w/e, but it was still really popular there) but this map has potential, and never got recognized as a legitimate possible 6's map.

cp_ediface, many people wished for the return of famous cp_gravelpit, yet nobody really gave this map a shot, only UGC in their pre-season week iirc, therefore playtesting this would also mean something, not many people love A/D on 6's, but this map deserves a shot.

[quote=hashtagchan]
[/quote]
[u]Metalworks[/u] was taken out, and it wasn't right for it been taken out, since it was a great map, which look for example in the NA scene, it survived for couple seasons already, it only needed proper feedback to Scorpio so he could've altered it to make so it can be tested out a bit more.

[u]Sunshine[/u] did not receive any vicious response, it got constructive response when we suggested the map maker changes that were needed in order to make it more fluent and playable, it was dropped by ETF2L however for some unknown reason, from my perspective after playing the map all the way to the finals, it felt very good, even though it was before Deer improved it.

[u]Sandstone[/u] looks great, but it needs players to play so the final pro version would come out finally, the map maker won't just make changes on his own mind, he needs people to give feedback on it so he can finally release it so bringing it to the cup would make great sense.

[u]Glassworks[/u] looks kinda nice, yet nobody ever made a move to give it a go, since it was never really tested I can't give my opinion on it.
[u]Intermodal[/u] is more of an HL map than a 6's, after playtesting it somewhat.
[u]Grizzly[/u], never played it, can't give my opinion on it.
[u]Convolve[/u] didn't receive much of a playtest so I can't give my opinion on that matter.

However, since you've clearly looked at some of the new maps I'll give you a couple more to consider:

[u]koth_airfield[/u], a very popular 4's map (yes I know, 4's isn't serious or w/e, but it was still really popular there) but this map has potential, and never got recognized as a legitimate possible 6's map.

[u]cp_ediface[/u], many people wished for the return of famous cp_gravelpit, yet nobody really gave this map a shot, only UGC in their pre-season week iirc, therefore playtesting this would also mean something, not many people love A/D on 6's, but this map deserves a shot.
1 Frags +

Is this EU only?

Is this EU only?
0 Frags +

I took upgrade.mp3 from the site a few weeks ago, really good elevator music!

Interesting to see how this spans out.

I took upgrade.mp3 from the site a few weeks ago, really good elevator music!

Interesting to see how this spans out.
3 Frags +

Please don't take this as instant negativity, but aren't you guys pretty much gonna be covering the same games as TFTV, BlackOutGaming or VTV, but with less knowledgeable and known casters and less of an existing audience?

I would definitely say that if you spot a gap on a night then go for it, but what I'd really like to see is you covering the odd little things that don't get big coverage: div1/2/3 games if there are prem games on the same night; grudge matches in any division; tie-breakers in div2-6 etc etc. Exciting games if given the right context, but overlooked by everyone else. I fear that if you try to "compete" with TFTV or BO you'll end up being swallowed, that's all. And that would be a terrible thing.

Also, awesome tournament idea!

Please don't take this as instant negativity, but aren't you guys pretty much gonna be covering the same games as TFTV, BlackOutGaming or VTV, but with less knowledgeable and known casters and less of an existing audience?

I would definitely say that if you spot a gap on a night then go for it, but what I'd really like to see is you covering the odd little things that don't get big coverage: div1/2/3 games if there are prem games on the same night; grudge matches in any division; tie-breakers in div2-6 etc etc. Exciting games if given the right context, but overlooked by everyone else. I fear that if you try to "compete" with TFTV or BO you'll end up being swallowed, that's all. And that would be a terrible thing.

Also, awesome tournament idea!
11 Frags +
AndzoIs this EU only?

For the time being, yeah. If things go well and we start mastering the arcane art of casting, then we'd love to explore things. Great games are going uncasted!

SideshowPlease don't take this as instant negativity, but aren't you guys pretty much gonna be covering the same games as TFTV, BlackOutGaming or VTV, but with less knowledgeable and known casters and less of an existing audience?

Really pleased someone asked this, because that's precisely what we're going for. We have no plans to tread on anyone's toes, that's just going to needlessly fragment the community. In all honesty I think we'll be happy leaving Prem entirely to TFTV, at least for this season, they're the 'official' outlet and they do a fantastic, fantastic job.

Our primary goal's to make this game bigger and better, and we're definitely not going to do that by splitting audiences + making things a pain for spectators. We're smaller, newer and less experienced. And that's fine, but we also know our place!

The current plan is to take things slowly, covering d1/2 games on a weekly basis and then expanding each season. Most importantly, if there's anything you'd really like casted, send us an email or tweet @ us over at @maincall and we'll have a look into it.

Part of our job is to make sure there's always some TF2 to watch wherever you are, and with new casters, an absolutely beautiful stream (honestly, these OBS scenes are breaking my heart right now) and really solid production values (60fps, Twitch chat voting, VODs uploaded from source not from Twitch are all planned/implemented features).

I think we're in a really good position to start doing that.

Honestly, we think TFTV are doing an incredible, incredible job. We just want to add on to that.

More loud voices!

[quote=Andzo]Is this EU only?[/quote]

For the time being, yeah. If things go well and we start mastering the arcane art of casting, then we'd love to explore things. Great games are going uncasted!

[quote=Sideshow]Please don't take this as instant negativity, but aren't you guys pretty much gonna be covering the same games as TFTV, BlackOutGaming or VTV, but with less knowledgeable and known casters and less of an existing audience?

I would definitely say that if you spot a gap on a night then go for it, but what I'd really like to see is you covering the odd little things that don't get big coverage: div1/2/3 games if there are prem games on the same night; grudge matches in any division; tie-breakers in div2-6 etc etc. Exciting games if given the right context, but overlooked by everyone else. I fear that if you try to "compete" with TFTV or BO you'll end up being swallowed, that's all. And that would be a terrible thing.[/quote]

Really pleased someone asked this, because that's precisely what we're going for. We have no plans to tread on anyone's toes, that's just going to needlessly fragment the community. In all honesty I think we'll be happy leaving Prem entirely to TFTV, at least for this season, they're the 'official' outlet and they do a fantastic, fantastic job.

Our primary goal's to make this game bigger and better, and we're definitely not going to do that by splitting audiences + making things a pain for spectators. We're smaller, newer and less experienced. And that's fine, but we also know our place!

The current plan is to take things slowly, covering d1/2 games on a weekly basis and then expanding each season. Most importantly, if there's anything you'd really like casted, send us an email or tweet @ us over at @maincall and we'll have a look into it.

Part of our job is to make sure there's always some TF2 to watch wherever you are, and with new casters, an absolutely beautiful stream (honestly, these OBS scenes are breaking my heart right now) and really solid production values (60fps, Twitch chat voting, VODs uploaded from source not from Twitch are all planned/implemented features).

I think we're in a really good position to start doing that.

Honestly, we think TFTV are doing an incredible, incredible job. We just want to add on to that.

More loud voices!
6 Frags +

Despite there being some initial confusion, we do in fact have a solid plan for that cup what we’re doing. We’re not mavericks. Promise.

All times listed are CEST.

Map voting: Today – 23rd August
Signups: Today – 26th August
Seeding + Provisional Bracket: 27th August

If we get 8 teams, we’ll run a double elimination.

30th August:
Round 1: 19:00 – 19:30
Losers Round 1 + Winners Round 2: 19:45 – 20:15
Losers Round 2: 20:30 – 21:00

1st September:
Winners Semifinals (casted) + Losers Round 3: 19:00 – 19:30
Losers Semifinals (casted): 19:45 – 20:15
Grand Finals (casted, bo3): 20:30 – 22:30

If we get 16 teams, we’ll run a group stage with a single elimination.

28th August:
Groups: 1st Game: 19:00 – 19:30
Groups: 2nd Game: 19:45 – 20:15
Groups: 3rd Game: 20:30 – 21:00

29th August:
Break for tiebreakers.

30th August:
Round of 16: 19:00 – 19:30
Quarter-finals: 19:45 – 20:15

1st September:
Semi-final 1 (casted): 19:00 – 19:30
Semi-final 2 (casted): 19:45 – 20:15
Grand Finals (casted, bo3): 20:30 – 22:30

UPDATED VERSION BELOW, #30

Cheers for everything that's been said, both here, ETF2L and on assorted streams - it's fantastic to be finally be here after two and a half months of work!

Despite there being some initial confusion, we do in fact have a solid plan for that cup what we’re doing. We’re not mavericks. Promise.

All times listed are CEST.

[s][b]Map voting[/b]: Today – 23rd August
[b]Signups[/b]: Today – 26th August
[b]Seeding + Provisional Bracket[/b]: 27th August

If we get 8 teams, we’ll run a double elimination.

[i]30th August:[/i]
[b]Round 1[/b]: 19:00 – 19:30
[b]Losers Round 1 + Winners Round 2[/b]: 19:45 – 20:15
[b]Losers Round 2[/b]: 20:30 – 21:00

[i]1st September:[/i]
[b]Winners Semifinals (casted) + Losers Round 3[/b]: 19:00 – 19:30
[b]Losers Semifinals (casted)[/b]: 19:45 – 20:15
[b]Grand Finals (casted, bo3)[/b]: 20:30 – 22:30

If we get 16 teams, we’ll run a group stage with a single elimination.

[i]28th August:[/i]
[b]Groups: 1st Game[/b]: 19:00 – 19:30
[b]Groups: 2nd Game[/b]: 19:45 – 20:15
[b]Groups: 3rd Game[/b]: 20:30 – 21:00

[i]29th August[/i]:
Break for tiebreakers.

[i]30th August[/i]:
[b]Round of 16[/b]: 19:00 – 19:30
[b]Quarter-finals[/b]: 19:45 – 20:15

[i]1st September[/i]:
[b]Semi-final 1 (casted)[/b]: 19:00 – 19:30
[b]Semi-final 2 (casted)[/b]: 19:45 – 20:15
[b]Grand Finals (casted, bo3)[/b]: 20:30 – 22:30[/s]

[b]UPDATED VERSION BELOW, #30
[/b]
Cheers for everything that's been said, both here, ETF2L and on assorted streams - it's fantastic to be finally be here after two and a half months of work!
13 Frags +

http://images.cdn.bigcartel.com/bigcartel/product_images/142362565/max_w-1000/!add_5_BLU.jpg

It's not badlands.

[img]http://images.cdn.bigcartel.com/bigcartel/product_images/142362565/max_w-1000/!add_5_BLU.jpg[/img]

It's [s]not[/s] badlands.
11 Frags +
bobmusIt's not badlands.

I've seen a lot of tf2 shirts but this one I actually want

[quote=bobmus]
It's [s]not[/s] badlands.[/quote]
I've seen a lot of tf2 shirts but this one I actually want
3 Frags +
hashtagchanreally solid production values (60fps, Twitch chat voting, VODs uploaded from source not from Twitch are all planned/implemented features).

Seriously, the guy's a madman on production values. He scares me sometimes

[quote=hashtagchan]
really solid production values (60fps, Twitch chat voting, VODs uploaded from source not from Twitch are all planned/implemented features).
[/quote]

Seriously, the guy's a madman on production values. He scares me sometimes
2 Frags +
bobmushttp://images.cdn.bigcartel.com/bigcartel/product_images/142362565/max_w-1000/!add_5_BLU.jpg

It's not badlands.

How about in RED/BLU but a bit darker?

[quote=bobmus][img]http://images.cdn.bigcartel.com/bigcartel/product_images/142362565/max_w-1000/!add_5_BLU.jpg[/img]

It's [s]not[/s] badlands.[/quote]

How about in RED/BLU but a bit darker?
3 Frags +

I think the spire image would look better in shades rather than lineart, it's too technical a shape.

I think the spire image would look better in shades rather than lineart, it's too technical a shape.
1 Frags +
JackyLegscp_ediface, many people wished for the return of famous cp_gravelpit, yet nobody really gave this map a shot, only UGC in their pre-season week iirc, therefore playtesting this would also mean something, not many people love A/D on 6's, but this map deserves a shot.

I played cp_edifice in that pre-season, and I studied it with my team endlessly. We found it to favor defense far more, especially with major offclasses like heavy and sniper. With more enthusiasm it could get more exposure to see how it plays out

[quote=JackyLegs][u]cp_ediface[/u], many people wished for the return of famous cp_gravelpit, yet nobody really gave this map a shot, only UGC in their pre-season week iirc, therefore playtesting this would also mean something, not many people love A/D on 6's, but this map deserves a shot.[/quote]

I played cp_edifice in that pre-season, and I studied it with my team endlessly. We found it to favor defense far more, especially with major offclasses like heavy and sniper. With more enthusiasm it could get more exposure to see how it plays out
3 Frags +
atmoI think the spire image would look better in shades rather than lineart, it's too technical a shape.

Considering that I'll be screen-printing these myself, I don't think that's going to be possible. Personally I like it as line art and I'm pleased with how it looks, but I'll keep that in mind if we do another series.

GetawhaleHow about in RED/BLU but a bit darker?

Like this...?

http://maincall.tf/images/2colour.png

(obviously this represents two different coloured shirts, I'm not quite that insane)

...or like this?

http://maincall.tf/images/2colour2.png

I haven't ordered the shirts yet because I'm actually on holiday (that dedication, take note boys), but I'll get on it when I'm settled back home. If people'd rather these colours then obviously I'm happy to get them - I like the slightly duller colours but that's because I'm a bit weird, probably.

[quote=atmo]I think the spire image would look better in shades rather than lineart, it's too technical a shape.[/quote]

Considering that I'll be screen-printing these myself, I don't think that's going to be possible. Personally I like it as line art and I'm pleased with how it looks, but I'll keep that in mind if we do another series.

[quote=Getawhale]How about in RED/BLU but a bit darker?[/quote]

Like this...?
[img]http://maincall.tf/images/2colour.png[/img]
(obviously this represents two different coloured shirts, I'm not quite that insane)

...or like this?
[img]http://maincall.tf/images/2colour2.png[/img]

I haven't ordered the shirts yet because I'm actually on holiday ([i]that dedication, take note boys[/i]), but I'll get on it when I'm settled back home. If people'd rather these colours then obviously I'm happy to get them - I like the slightly duller colours but that's because I'm a bit weird, probably.
0 Frags +
atmoI think the spire image would look better in shades rather than lineart, it's too technical a shape.

seconded. Current one is too geometric to really be nice to look at

[quote=atmo]I think the spire image would look better in shades rather than lineart, it's too technical a shape.[/quote]

seconded. Current one is too geometric to really be nice to look at
1 Frags +

I like the look of the line art. Keep it up!

I like the look of the line art. Keep it up!
4 Frags +

Hello, I'm Coolbeans.

I'm the competitions admin at maincall.tf and I've made spreadsheets for teams and players alike to look for players to fill their ranks or to take part in the debut cup of maincall.tf.

LFT Speadsheet

LFP Spreadsheet

Feel free to send me an add if you have anymore questions or put it in this thread, I'll be checking it reguarly

Hello, I'm Coolbeans.

I'm the competitions admin at maincall.tf and I've made spreadsheets for teams and players alike to look for players to fill their ranks or to take part in the debut cup of maincall.tf.

[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz6Q9WcDui7T_hvomJSN_53HBaPdMGhzFUrWtIYac7o/edit#gid=0]LFT Speadsheet[/url]

[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/154EyCyYAS04iESQmeHwCYudRj1GODhNoPjzymF8f_MI/edit#gid=0]LFP Spreadsheet[/url]

Feel free to send me an add if you have anymore questions or put it in this thread, I'll be checking it reguarly
3 Frags +

Well now that Coolbeans has done his introduction I suppose I should probably follow suit.

I'm asymmetrical toast as you can see, although in the strange realm of "the real world" my name is Theo and so that's another thing you can call me.

Officially, I'm the "other editor" at maincall. That basically means that hashtagchan doesn't have to read every article that one of us writes before it goes through because I will be reading half of them.

I'll also be doing some casting (I'm one of the aforementioned no name D5 shitters)

Feel free to add me with any concerns, I'm out of the country currently but will be back at my PC on Tuesday and will be responsive from that point on. Until then I'll be checking this thread every so often in my vain attempts to be of use.

Well now that Coolbeans has done his introduction I suppose I should probably follow suit.

I'm asymmetrical toast as you can see, although in the strange realm of "the real world" my name is Theo and so that's another thing you can call me.

Officially, I'm the "other editor" at maincall. That basically means that hashtagchan doesn't have to read [i]every[/i] article that one of us writes before it goes through because I will be reading half of them.

I'll also be doing some casting (I'm one of the aforementioned no name D5 shitters)

Feel free to add me with any concerns, I'm out of the country currently but will be back at my PC on Tuesday and will be responsive from that point on. Until then I'll be checking this thread every so often in my vain attempts to be of use.
3 Frags +

Hello again!

With The People’s Cup approaching at a frankly terrifying pace, the map votes are in and the people have spoken! With over 80 voters the map selections for the cup are: cp_logjam, cp_warmfront and cp_obscure!

With the introduction of some high level teams such as E-SHOCK ESPORT, Hello Kitteh Ninjas and Druidz eSport we have decided in a shocking, controversial, and groundbreaking turn of events to split the competition into two (not one) double elimination tournaments, a higher and a lower bracket. The aforementioned 1st and 2nd place prizes will still be up for grabs in the high bracket whilst the winner of the low tournament takes the original 3rd place prize. We are also making moves (this is our way of saying that there is no guarantee so please don’t hate us when it all goes to shit) to make a prize for the team who will be coming 2nd in the lower bracket.

So, to clarify the schedule for The People’s Cup is in fact:

30th of August
7:00pm GMT, Round 1: cp_logjam
7:45pm GMT, Loser’s Bracket Round 1 and Winner’s Bracket Semifinal: cp_obscure
8:30pm GMT, Loser’s Bracket Round 2 and Upper Bracket Finals : cp_warmfront

1st of September
7:00pm Loser’s bracket semifinals: cp_logjam
7:45pm Loser’s Bracket Finals: cp_warmfront
8:30pm Grand Finals: Bo3 on all maps. Upper Bracket winner decides first map, losers pick for the second map.

(stop being a shitter with times hashtagchan u scrub)

There may be (read: there are and we’re sorry) some inconsistencies between this post and our website. This is the correct information and will be updated on the site as soon as is possible.

Hello again!

With The People’s Cup approaching at a frankly terrifying pace, the map votes are in and the people have spoken! With over 80 voters the map selections for the cup are: cp_logjam, cp_warmfront and cp_obscure!

With the introduction of some high level teams such as E-SHOCK ESPORT, Hello Kitteh Ninjas and Druidz eSport we have decided in a shocking, controversial, and groundbreaking turn of events to split the competition into two (not one) double elimination tournaments, a higher and a lower bracket. The aforementioned 1st and 2nd place prizes will still be up for grabs in the high bracket whilst the winner of the low tournament takes the original 3rd place prize. We are also making moves (this is our way of saying that there is no guarantee so please don’t hate us when it all goes to shit) to make a prize for the team who will be coming 2nd in the lower bracket.

So, to clarify the schedule for The People’s Cup is in fact:

30th of August
7:00pm GMT, Round 1: cp_logjam
7:45pm GMT, Loser’s Bracket Round 1 and Winner’s Bracket Semifinal: cp_obscure
8:30pm GMT, Loser’s Bracket Round 2 and Upper Bracket Finals : cp_warmfront

1st of September
7:00pm Loser’s bracket semifinals: cp_logjam
7:45pm Loser’s Bracket Finals: cp_warmfront
8:30pm Grand Finals: Bo3 on all maps. Upper Bracket winner decides first map, losers pick for the second map.

(stop being a shitter with times hashtagchan u scrub)

There may be (read: there are and we’re sorry) some inconsistencies between this post and our website. This is the correct information and will be updated on the site as soon as is possible.
1 2 3
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.