no signal to my monitor
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock X79 Extreme 4
RAM: 8 GB Corsair DDR3 (2x4GB)
GRAPHICS CARD: Nvidia GTX 560-ti
PROCESSOR: i7-3820
MONITOR: ASUS VS247H

a little history: I have my own rig set up and it has been playing fine for about 2 years. I've been playing with rolled back nvidia drivers ever since the update that makes the textures flash in dx8. Occasionally my drivers would crash and my graphics card would bug out where I would either have to restart my computer or it would fix itself in a couple seconds.

Recently I accidentally bumped my knee on on my case kind of hard and lately my nvidia drivers have been crashing more often than usual. I dont know if this matters, but it could be useful to know. last night my drivers crashed and so I restarted, but my computer wouldn't give my monitor a signal. I turned it off and let it sit for the night. The next morning I reseated (resat?) my graphics card and my RAM, and still my monitor keeps giving me a "DVI no signal." My fans are running and everything seems to be going fine in the computer itself, but I can't get anything on my monitor; it's black.

everything is plugged in, I've made sure that my RAM and graphics card are fully inserted, I've tried different slots, I havent tried using a different computer because all of my friends have laptops, I dont know what to do. any advice would be helpful. thanks!

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock X79 Extreme 4
RAM: 8 GB Corsair DDR3 (2x4GB)
GRAPHICS CARD: Nvidia GTX 560-ti
PROCESSOR: i7-3820
MONITOR: ASUS VS247H

a little history: I have my own rig set up and it has been playing fine for about 2 years. I've been playing with rolled back nvidia drivers ever since the update that makes the textures flash in dx8. Occasionally my drivers would crash and my graphics card would bug out where I would either have to restart my computer or it would fix itself in a couple seconds.

Recently I accidentally bumped my knee on on my case kind of hard and lately my nvidia drivers have been crashing more often than usual. I dont know if this matters, but it could be useful to know. last night my drivers crashed and so I restarted, but my computer wouldn't give my monitor a signal. I turned it off and let it sit for the night. The next morning I reseated (resat?) my graphics card and my RAM, and still my monitor keeps giving me a "DVI no signal." My fans are running and everything seems to be going fine in the computer itself, but I can't get anything on my monitor; it's black.

everything is plugged in, I've made sure that my RAM and graphics card are fully inserted, I've tried different slots, I havent tried using a different computer because all of my friends have laptops, I dont know what to do. any advice would be helpful. thanks!
-1 Frags +

0 Frags +

I have the exact same issue with a gtx 560, would be cool to know if there is a fix.

I have the exact same issue with a gtx 560, would be cool to know if there is a fix.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.