Made a Trailer to my HUD.
Feedback is very welcome!
Enjoy!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzJYX2Qbh2M[/youtube]

Made a Trailer to my HUD.
Feedback is very welcome!
Enjoy!
6 Frags +

-4 frags and no feedback. Good job folks.

It's a really unique looking HUD. Personally I think the huge health bar on the left needs something to balance it on the right - maybe an undercharge bar for medic or an ammo count for heavy/pyro? That would at least give it a definitive target audience. (:

-4 frags and no feedback. Good job folks.

It's a really unique looking HUD. Personally I think the huge health bar on the left needs something to balance it on the right - maybe an undercharge bar for medic or an ammo count for heavy/pyro? That would at least give it a definitive target audience. (:
11 Frags +

the flashing low health is a bit much and you should probably add health numbers to the target id

the flashing low health is a bit much and you should probably add health numbers to the target id
3 Frags +

I think making the health larger and putting it more towards the center would make it more easily readable as well as improving symmetry. As colly already mentioned, the health bar can be quite distracting, maybe try making it a bit smaller.
You might want to make some other elements of the huds (such as the sticky counter) larger and/or bolder as well to improve readability.

Also, while your video looks quite well-made, imgur is generally preferred to show off huds

I think making the health larger and putting it more towards the center would make it more easily readable as well as improving symmetry. As colly already mentioned, the health bar can be quite distracting, maybe try making it a bit smaller.
You might want to make some other elements of the huds (such as the sticky counter) larger and/or bolder as well to improve readability.

Also, while your video looks quite well-made, imgur is generally preferred to show off huds
-6 Frags +

haha this hp bar

haha this hp bar
3 Frags +

Thanks for the feedback so far guys!
The Concept of this HUD is based on the fact that seeing is faster then reading. The Mega Healthbar is visible from the corner of your eye.
I wanted to make something different from the current HUD Landscape and making the numbers more bigger and centered wasn´t enough for me.
But making the Bar smaller would delete the effect you get with this actual size.
The red blinking is slower than the original and when focused on the battle not distracting to me or the beta testers so far.
I just can recommend you to try it ingame.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys!
The Concept of this HUD is based on the fact that seeing is faster then reading. The Mega Healthbar is visible from the corner of your eye.
I wanted to make something different from the current HUD Landscape and making the numbers more bigger and centered wasn´t enough for me.
But making the Bar smaller would delete the effect you get with this actual size.
The red blinking is slower than the original and when focused on the battle not distracting to me or the beta testers so far.
I just can recommend you to try it ingame.
6 Frags +

looked ugly and impractical until i used it, it's actually pretty neat.

• make overheal more obvious both on targetid and playerhealth.
  • make the healthbar thinner by a little bit
  • make the playerhealthvalue tf2build instead of tf2buildsecondary and make the font larger and make the healthbar shorter to accommodate it and adjust the ticks on the bar accordingly
  • make the targetid healthbar bigger and possibly give that a healthplayervalue as well
  • put the uberbar at the bottom and make it look like the healthbar
  • find a new font and make the hud your own!

and cool watermark.

looked ugly and impractical until i used it, it's actually pretty neat.

[list]
[*] make overheal more obvious both on targetid and playerhealth.
[*] make the healthbar thinner by a little bit
[*] make the playerhealthvalue tf2build instead of tf2buildsecondary and make the font larger and make the healthbar shorter to accommodate it and adjust the ticks on the bar accordingly
[*] make the targetid healthbar bigger and possibly give that a healthplayervalue as well
[*] put the uberbar at the bottom and make it look like the healthbar
[*] find a new font and make the hud your own!
[/list]

and cool watermark.
5 Frags +

i dont wanna be that guy but that hp bar takes whole left side of the screen and it looks ugly. But its "very original" for most people. sorry.

i dont wanna be [b]that guy[/b] but that hp bar takes whole left side of the screen and it looks ugly. But its "very original" for most people. sorry.
5 Frags +

reduced fov with that hp bar hahaha

reduced fov with that hp bar hahaha
8 Frags +

i really like your hud and love the originality of it, i think you went too far with the whole "minimalistic" aspect, i believe most people enjoy minilistic huds that look attractive and thats why rayshud, yahud, and others do really well.

i really like your hud and love the originality of it, i think you went too far with the whole "minimalistic" aspect, i believe most people enjoy minilistic huds that look attractive and thats why rayshud, yahud, and others do really well.
4 Frags +
bobmus-4 frags and no feedback. Good job folks.

2:26 is too long for something that is proobably nothing I haven't seen before. imgur albums is the only teaser your hud needs.

[quote=bobmus]-4 frags and no feedback. Good job folks.

It's a really unique looking HUD. Personally I think the huge health bar on the left needs something to balance it on the right - maybe an undercharge bar for medic or an ammo count for heavy/pyro? That would at least give it a definitive target audience. (:[/quote]

2:26 is too long for something that is proobably nothing I haven't seen before. imgur albums is the only teaser your hud needs.
0 Frags +

i actually like the idea of the health bar, i think its a little large and distracting though but maybe something to play around with.
I think the charge bars are too small though and the overheal seemed pretty hard to see

i actually like the idea of the health bar, i think its a little large and distracting though but maybe something to play around with.
I think the charge bars are too small though and the overheal seemed pretty hard to see
3 Frags +

I wrote you some feedback on the hud modifications thread. http://teamfortress.tv/thread/8247/show-your-hud-modifications/?page=94#2799

I wrote you some feedback on the hud modifications thread. http://teamfortress.tv/thread/8247/show-your-hud-modifications/?page=94#2799
7 Frags +

19:47 - quartz mix/merc: good idea, super bad implementation

/Thread

19:47 - quartz mix/merc: good idea, super bad implementation

/Thread
1 Frags +

thanks voloder,
wil get to that tomorrow

thanks voloder,
wil get to that tomorrow
2 Frags +

Thank you all for your feedback so far!

Thank you all for your feedback so far!
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.