Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
75 hz vs 60hz
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

Hey

So, apparently I didnt knew my monitor can go up to 75hz if its running at a 1024x768 res, and well, I guess take what you can get right? until I get a 120hz.

So, if I run my game at that res, do I get the hz? or do I have to put my desktop at that res and HZ, THEN launch my game at that res to get the HZ boost?

Thanks.

Hey

So, apparently I didnt knew my monitor can go up to 75hz if its running at a 1024x768 res, and well, I guess take what you can get right? until I get a 120hz.

So, if I run my game at that res, do I get the hz? or do I have to put my desktop at that res and HZ, THEN launch my game at that res to get the HZ boost?

Thanks.
3 Frags +

Change your monitor to that res then there should be a Hz option nearby which you can change
After that the game should be 75Hz

Change your monitor to that res then there should be a Hz option nearby which you can change
After that the game should be 75Hz
4 Frags +

make sure to put -refresh 75 in your launch options

make sure to put -refresh 75 in your launch options
1 Frags +

Mine is similar, but funnily enough, to get the 75hz while in-game, my launch parameters have to specifically be this "-full -w 1280 -h 1024" even though my monitor runs at 75hz at 1280x720. It's pretty weird, and I can't remember any more how I even figured this out.

Mine is similar, but funnily enough, to get the 75hz while in-game, my launch parameters have to specifically be this "-full -w 1280 -h 1024" even though my monitor runs at 75hz at 1280x720. It's pretty weird, and I can't remember any more how I even figured this out.
1 Frags +

I've just noticed that my monitor can go 75hz as well...already changed the resolution to 1024x768

but how should my launch parameters be? besides -refresh 75, do i use -windowed or -full? do i put -w 1204 -h 768 as well?

I've just noticed that my monitor can go 75hz as well...already changed the resolution to 1024x768

but how should my launch parameters be? besides -refresh 75, do i use -windowed or -full? do i put -w 1204 -h 768 as well?
1 Frags +

Is there a way to get black bars, so that 1280x1024 doesn't stretch to my native res? When I turn on gpu scaling I lose the ability to go to 75 hz

Is there a way to get black bars, so that 1280x1024 doesn't stretch to my native res? When I turn on gpu scaling I lose the ability to go to 75 hz
0 Frags +

My monitor doesn't allow my refresh rate to be 75hz if I don't stretch it out (which I find it to be srange).

my launch parameters are -full -novid -w 1024 -h 768 -freq 75

My monitor doesn't allow my refresh rate to be 75hz if I don't stretch it out (which I find it to be srange).

my launch parameters are -full -novid -w 1024 -h 768 -freq 75
0 Frags +

http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

I used this tool to run my old LG monitor at 70Hz@1080p without artifacts. Some monitors will allow more, some less.

AT YOUR OWN RISK, find the highest stable value and see how it works. The difference between 60Hz and 70Hz isn't huge, but it's noticeable.

http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

I used this tool to run my old LG monitor at 70Hz@1080p without artifacts. Some monitors will allow more, some less.

AT YOUR OWN RISK, find the highest stable value and see how it works. The difference between 60Hz and 70Hz isn't huge, but it's noticeable.
0 Frags +

Im able to run desktop res @ 1920x1080 and then run my tf2 at a 75hz resolution. idk why but the res is 1774x981 (not sure how i got this figure i think it was that dodgy kid paymh?)

Im able to run desktop res @ 1920x1080 and then run my tf2 at a 75hz resolution. idk why but the res is 1774x981 (not sure how i got this figure i think it was that dodgy kid paymh?)
0 Frags +
Lexhttp://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

I used my old Acer monitor at 1680x1050 @ 86hz, was amazing till I got a 144hz monitor. Did notice how much hotter the monitor operated, surprised it STILL lasts. ~2 years.

also refer to your monitor's manual. Many monitors can run 1440x900@75hz.

[quote=Lex]http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

AT YOUR OWN RISK, find the highest stable value and see how it works. The difference between 60Hz and 70Hz isn't huge, but it's noticeable.[/quote]
I used my old Acer monitor at 1680x1050 @ 86hz, was amazing till I got a 144hz monitor. Did notice how much hotter the monitor operated, surprised it STILL lasts. ~2 years.

also refer to your monitor's manual. Many monitors can run 1440x900@75hz.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.