Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Using HUD elements from another HUD
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

So i use aHUD, and I'd like to use the main menu and class selection menu from another HUD.

Any help from you HUD experts out there?

So i use aHUD, and I'd like to use the main menu and class selection menu from another HUD.

Any help from you HUD experts out there?
0 Frags +

tf/custom/<whatever you named it>/resource/ui has most of these elements. If you choose to copy them to a different HUD, be sure to check if any fonts are used that are not in your clientscheme.res, if there are, copy the font definitions over from the other HUD.

Main menu also has a file in tf/custom/<whatever>/resource, I believe, and might use some custom images as well.

By the way, I know this because I asked rays about it some time ago. All credit goes to rays for being the awesome HUD-maker and Mastermind of all things HUD.

tf/custom/<whatever you named it>/resource/ui has most of these elements. If you choose to copy them to a different HUD, be sure to check if any fonts are used that are not in your clientscheme.res, if there are, copy the font definitions over from the other HUD.

Main menu also has a file in tf/custom/<whatever>/resource, I believe, and might use some custom images as well.

By the way, I know this because I asked rays about it some time ago. All credit goes to rays for being the awesome HUD-maker and Mastermind of all things HUD.
3 Frags +

0 Frags +
Fireim just gonna call the folder hud cuz its easier.

tf\custom\hud\resource\GameMenu.res
tf\custom\hud\resource\ui\MainMenuOverride.res

those are for the main menu, tho be sure to copy all the used fonts and possibly defined colors from the clientschemes.res .
Also some huds have animations when hovering over some buttons (e.g. yahud), idk that doesnt seem to work by simply copying the fonts and colors, maybe it has something to do with the borders but im not sure about that.

tf\custom\hud\resource\ui\ClassSelection.res

this if for your class selection. Same here, make sure to copy all the necessary fonts and colors to your used clientschemes.res .

if you have any questions regarding copying fonts/colors just ask here or pm me on steam, dunno whats easier.

An explanation on how to copy fonts and colors would be very much appreciated.

[quote=Fire]im just gonna call the folder hud cuz its easier.

tf\custom\hud\resource\GameMenu.res
tf\custom\hud\resource\ui\MainMenuOverride.res

those are for the main menu, tho be sure to copy all the used fonts and possibly defined colors from the clientschemes.res .
Also some huds have animations when hovering over some buttons (e.g. yahud), idk that doesnt seem to work by simply copying the fonts and colors, maybe it has something to do with the borders but im not sure about that.

tf\custom\hud\resource\ui\ClassSelection.res

this if for your class selection. Same here, make sure to copy all the necessary fonts and colors to your used clientschemes.res .

if you have any questions regarding copying fonts/colors just ask here or pm me on steam, dunno whats easier.[/quote] An explanation on how to copy fonts and colors would be very much appreciated.
0 Frags +

colours and fonts are in the clientscheme in the ui folder

colours are set in Red Green Blue Alpha format. Alpha is the transparency of the element youre trying to edit. So for example "255 255 0 180" would be a slightly transparent yellow.

There are a few guides out there on how to install fonts, iirc La_maison had a pretty good one, try if google gives you anything useful

colours and fonts are in the clientscheme in the ui folder

colours are set in Red Green Blue Alpha format. Alpha is the transparency of the element youre trying to edit. So for example "255 255 0 180" would be a slightly transparent yellow.

There are a few guides out there on how to install fonts, iirc La_maison had a pretty good one, try if google gives you anything useful
0 Frags +
KhanTF2colours and fonts are in the clientscheme in the ui folder

Can you explain exactly where in the ClientScheme i can find the HUD colors and fonts, and how i copy them to my own clientscheme?

[quote=KhanTF2]colours and fonts are in the clientscheme in the ui folder

There are a few guides out there on how to install fonts, iirc La_maison had a pretty good one, try if google gives you anything useful[/quote]

Can you explain exactly where in the ClientScheme i can find the HUD colors and fonts, and how i copy them to my own clientscheme?
0 Frags +
ReleetsKhanTF2colours and fonts are in the clientscheme in the ui folder

Colours are usually found towards the top, while the fonts are found at the bottom. Depends on what hud youre using though

[quote=Releets][quote=KhanTF2]colours and fonts are in the clientscheme in the ui folder

There are a few guides out there on how to install fonts, iirc La_maison had a pretty good one, try if google gives you anything useful[/quote]

Can you explain exactly where in the ClientScheme i can find the HUD colors and fonts, and how i copy them to my own clientscheme?[/quote]

Colours are usually found towards the top, while the fonts are found at the bottom. Depends on what hud youre using though
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.