Upvote Upvoted 7 Downvote Downvoted
Been a while... looking for some info
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Used to play 6v6 in ESEA-O/Int during S5-S7 as roam soldier and decided to start playing again more casually in PUGs/DM servers.

I literally have no idea what's been going on the past 3-4 years though, so...

I used to use Flame's/Community HUD and made further tweaks to it... what HUD is currently popular/the closest to that if people are familiar with it.

With all the new updates is the allowed weapons pretty much the same i.e. vanilla weapons with only a few updated items like ubersaw/melee weapons?

I'm assuming I can just check the servers tab for current DM servers, what about PUGs? I used to use mIRC with captain picks and tf2lobby, do people still use those or is there a better solution now lol?

Anything else I should know having not played competitively since like 2010? Thanks.

Used to play 6v6 in ESEA-O/Int during S5-S7 as roam soldier and decided to start playing again more casually in PUGs/DM servers.

I literally have no idea what's been going on the past 3-4 years though, so...

I used to use Flame's/Community HUD and made further tweaks to it... what HUD is currently popular/the closest to that if people are familiar with it.

With all the new updates is the allowed weapons pretty much the same i.e. vanilla weapons with only a few updated items like ubersaw/melee weapons?

I'm assuming I can just check the servers tab for current DM servers, what about PUGs? I used to use mIRC with captain picks and tf2lobby, do people still use those or is there a better solution now lol?

Anything else I should know having not played competitively since like 2010? Thanks.
2 Frags +

PUGs are still done through IRC and tf2center replaced tf2lobby. atf2.org will connect to the correct IRC channels for PUGs.

PUGs are still done through IRC and tf2center replaced tf2lobby. atf2.org will connect to the correct IRC channels for PUGs.
3 Frags +

I'm thinking http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CommHUDReborn would be the best HUD for you if you wanted something similar, but tbh there a ton of great HUDs now.

I'd check out, YAhud & rays Hud just to see if you like the more modern style of HUD.

There are some unlocks allowed now, but for the most part still the same game. Scouts get tanked way harder now and are all DM gods.

People still use IRC for pugs, I believe the channels are (and someone may have to correct me) #tf2.pug.na, #tf2mix and they are both on geeksirc. If you're looking for a lower level pickup to get warmed up, tf2lobby is dead and tf2center is the new garbage tier pickup site.

Finally, welcome back to tf2. (nobody ever leaves for good)

I'm thinking http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CommHUDReborn would be the best HUD for you if you wanted something similar, but tbh there a ton of great HUDs now.

I'd check out, YAhud & rays Hud just to see if you like the more modern style of HUD.

There are some unlocks allowed now, but for the most part still the same game. Scouts get tanked way harder now and are all DM gods.

People still use IRC for pugs, I believe the channels are (and someone may have to correct me) #tf2.pug.na, #tf2mix and they are both on geeksirc. If you're looking for a lower level pickup to get warmed up, tf2lobby is dead and tf2center is the new garbage tier pickup site.

Finally, welcome back to tf2. (nobody ever leaves for good)
0 Frags +

http://teamfortress.tv/thread/981-rayshud
might be a good hud

also theres a new pipe launcher for demo that shoots cannonballs

http://teamfortress.tv/thread/981-rayshud
might be a good hud

also theres a new pipe launcher for demo that shoots cannonballs
3 Frags +
StrifeI used to use Flame's/Community HUD and made further tweaks to it... what HUD is currently popular/the closest to that if people are familiar with it.

Not sure what's popular but huds.tf is a thing now. So you can go there and find a hud you like

Pretty much yes. Most people still run stock with the exception of some winger/escape plan/medic unlocks.

pugna moved to geeksirc from gamesurge

[quote=Strife]I used to use Flame's/Community HUD and made further tweaks to it... what HUD is currently popular/the closest to that if people are familiar with it. [/quote]

Not sure what's popular but huds.tf is a thing now. So you can go there and find a hud you like

[quote]With all the new updates is the allowed weapons pretty much the same i.e. vanilla weapons with only a few updated items like ubersaw/melee weapons?
[/quote]
Pretty much yes. Most people still run stock with the exception of some winger/escape plan/medic unlocks.

[quote]I'm assuming I can just check the servers tab for current DM servers, what about PUGs? I used to use mIRC with captain picks and tf2lobby, do people still use those or is there a better solution now lol?
[/quote]
pugna moved to geeksirc from gamesurge
-3 Frags +

If you play scout or medic you could also try TF2Pickup.net if you live in the east coast

If you play scout or medic you could also try TF2Pickup.net if you live in the east coast
3 Frags +

2 Frags +

Actually watching i49 docu made me want to get back in and play a bit again lol.

Alot of the people in the beginning of the vid for ESEA finals were people I used to play with. My 2nd season in ESEA was actually in High Koala Ts with YZ50 before he became all pro and went invite and I used to play on a team with vhalin and harbleu... also filled in for a shitty local lan with EmG since 3 of them live right by me in SoCal, and of course playing with alot of people in pug.na back in the day.

Looks like alot of the people at the top of the NA scene now are pretty old school since I recognize the names of like 70% of the people who were in the ESEA finals in that i49 docu... damn they've been playing forever then.

Thanks everyone for the advice tho, I'll check out HUDs tonight when I get home and probably try to get back into it with some DM servers first..

Actually watching i49 docu made me want to get back in and play a bit again lol.

Alot of the people in the beginning of the vid for ESEA finals were people I used to play with. My 2nd season in ESEA was actually in High Koala Ts with YZ50 before he became all pro and went invite and I used to play on a team with vhalin and harbleu... also filled in for a shitty local lan with EmG since 3 of them live right by me in SoCal, and of course playing with alot of people in pug.na back in the day.

Looks like alot of the people at the top of the NA scene now are pretty old school since I recognize the names of like 70% of the people who were in the ESEA finals in that i49 docu... damn they've been playing forever then.

Thanks everyone for the advice tho, I'll check out HUDs tonight when I get home and probably try to get back into it with some DM servers first..
0 Frags +

Okay so I went with yahud, and maybe I'm retarded, but for some reason my hud isn't updating.

I did a fresh install because my old HUD was completely fucked up.

Logged in to confirm my hud was fresh.

Copied in my old cfg folder for things like my custom crosshairs and class configs/auto exec.

Downloaded the updated yahud: https://github.com/averagecomputerguy/CPUHUD

Opened the yahud-fl red folder and copied in the materials/resource/scripts/sound folders and overwrote all of the default files... my hud is still vanilla tho.

Pretty sure that's what I did before, am I missing something?

Okay so I went with yahud, and maybe I'm retarded, but for some reason my hud isn't updating.

I did a fresh install because my old HUD was completely fucked up.

Logged in to confirm my hud was fresh.

Copied in my old cfg folder for things like my custom crosshairs and class configs/auto exec.

Downloaded the updated yahud: https://github.com/averagecomputerguy/CPUHUD

Opened the yahud-fl red folder and copied in the materials/resource/scripts/sound folders and overwrote all of the default files... my hud is still vanilla tho.

Pretty sure that's what I did before, am I missing something?
0 Frags +
Strife am I missing something?

Did you make your own custom folder?
Put the hud stuff in steamapps/common/TeamFortress2/tf/custom/USERFOLDER/
Userfolder can be named anything

[quote=Strife] am I missing something?[/quote]
1 Frags +
KapowwStrife am I missing something?Did you make your own custom folder?

oh wow that works, thanks.

that folder wasn't around when I used to play, I would just replace all the files in the tf folder :x

[quote=Kapoww][quote=Strife] am I missing something?[/quote]
Userfolder can be named anything[/quote]

oh wow that works, thanks.

that folder wasn't around when I used to play, I would just replace all the files in the tf folder :x
1 Frags +

Yeah it was a recentish update that transferred all files in tf2 to steampipe. Caused a LOT of confusion for people.

Welcome back. It looks a little different, but it's still the same old (awesome) game.

Yeah it was a recentish update that transferred all files in tf2 to steampipe. Caused a LOT of confusion for people.

Welcome back. It looks a little different, but it's still the same old (awesome) game.
3 Frags +

i updated my hud like last week actually. click the icon thing on my twitch page.

google projects apparently dont work anymore so until i find new hosting drive is my go to

www.twitch.tv/flame_gg

i updated my hud like last week actually. click the icon thing on my twitch page.

google projects apparently dont work anymore so until i find new hosting drive is my go to

www.twitch.tv/flame_gg
-3 Frags +
flamei updated my hud like last week actually. click the icon thing on my twitch page.

www.twitch.tv/flame_gg

github is love, github is life

[quote=flame]i updated my hud like last week actually. click the icon thing on my twitch page.

www.twitch.tv/flame_gg[/quote] github is love, github is life
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.