Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Getting a G400
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

Any way to still get a (preferably brand new) G400? Can't really find PIDs of them on any website, all I've found was an item model number and that is 910-002279.

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Any way to still get a (preferably brand new) G400? Can't really find PIDs of them on any website, all I've found was an item model number and that is 910-002279.

Help would be appreciated, thanks.
3 Frags +

why do you want the old one?

why do you want the old one?
-4 Frags +
Paragonwhy do you want the old one?

isnt the old one a little better in terms of sensor and accuracy?

[quote=Paragon]why do you want the old one?[/quote]

1 Frags +
rock-Paragonwhy do you want the old one?

Other way around afaik. I think the old one has prediction or something.

[quote=rock-][quote=Paragon]why do you want the old one?[/quote]

isnt the old one a little better in terms of sensor and accuracy?[/quote]
Other way around afaik. I think the old one has prediction or something.
1 Frags +

angle snapping was removed as of PID LZ13333 (old model, pretty long time ago) so any G400 you buy now should be fine

angle snapping was removed as of PID LZ13333 (old model, pretty long time ago) so any G400 you buy now should be fine
2 Frags +

i got mine off of ebay, but this was a few months ago. some korean seller was selling a couple of dozens of them (in actual retail packaging, never opened). there were more sellers around, but i could only find that one seller who had pictures of his own wares (so i could check if they had the stickers with 'Logitech' on them). the others used 'stock' pictures of the g400 (or even the g400s) or just didn't provide pictures of the back of the box.

i had contacted a few other sellers, but their english was too rubbish to understand what i meant when i asked them for pictures of the back of the box (the closest one of the sellers got was sending pictures of the bottom of the box).

so.. i would definitely try ebay.
beware for g400s mice, though. because, whether or not they did it on purpose, you can't always tell if they are selling the g400 or the g400s. look at (or ask for) pictures, but also read all the information about the product. sometimes the picture is wrong, sometimes the description is wrong.
after Search, just open a new tab for every single potential g400.
then go through them all.. find out which ones are definitely g400 mice, and save those pages/items.
now just go for the one that sounds most reliable. contact the sellers if you have to, but be prepared for a struggle with their english.

the g400s has noticable smoothing.
it doesn't make the g400s a bad mouse. but if you notice and don't like smoothing, then i would get a g400 (if you can find one). and it's true that the older batches of the g400 (below PID LZ13333) had prediction.

if the box has two stickers like this, it's definitely a newer batch.

you could even gamble on one from ebay that doesn't provide pictures of the back of the box because i really doubt there are still g400 mice from the old batch around..

anyway, i hope you'll get yourself one. it's still a fantastic mouse :)

i got mine off of ebay, but this was a few months ago. some korean seller was selling a couple of dozens of them (in actual retail packaging, never opened). there were more sellers around, but i could only find that one seller who had pictures of his own wares (so i could check if they had the stickers with 'Logitech' on them). the others used 'stock' pictures of the g400 (or even the g400s) or just didn't provide pictures of the back of the box.

i had contacted a few other sellers, but their english was too rubbish to understand what i meant when i asked them for pictures of the back of the box (the closest one of the sellers got was sending pictures of the bottom of the box).

beware for g400s mice, though. because, whether or not they did it on purpose, you can't always tell if they are selling the g400 or the g400s. look at (or ask for) pictures, but also read all the information about the product. sometimes the picture is wrong, sometimes the description is wrong.
then go through them all.. find out which ones are definitely g400 mice, and save those pages/items.
now just go for the one that sounds most reliable. contact the sellers if you have to, but be prepared for a struggle with their english.

it doesn't make the g400s a bad mouse. but if you notice and don't like smoothing, then i would get a g400 (if you can find one). and it's true that the older batches of the g400 (below PID LZ13333) had prediction.

if the box has two stickers like [url=http://cdn.overclock.net/0/0c/0c7bd73d_600x450px-LL-12e19626_IMG_5119.jpeg]this[/url], it's definitely a newer batch.

you could even gamble on one from ebay that doesn't provide pictures of the back of the box because i really doubt there are still g400 mice from the old batch around..

0 Frags +

Has anyone tested the G402 yet?

Has anyone tested the G402 yet?
0 Frags +
DougHas anyone tested the G402 yet?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1504917/logitech-g402-hyperion-fury-gaming-mouse-review-by-ino

it sounds like a great mouse. it uses the sensor of the g100s and uses some new technology to counter the low(ish) maximum tracking speed.

shaped like a mixture of the g502 and g400, but lighter and cheaper than the g502.

[quote=Doug]Has anyone tested the G402 yet?[/quote]

http://www.overclock.net/t/1504917/logitech-g402-hyperion-fury-gaming-mouse-review-by-ino

it sounds like a great mouse. it uses the sensor of the g100s and uses some new technology to counter the low(ish) maximum tracking speed.

shaped like a mixture of the g502 and g400, but lighter and cheaper than the g502.
0 Frags +
trenchi got mine off of ebay, but this was a few months ago. some korean seller was selling a couple of dozens of them (in actual retail packaging, never opened). there were more sellers around, but i could only find that one seller who had pictures of his own wares (so i could check if they had the stickers with 'Logitech' on them). the others used 'stock' pictures of the g400 (or even the g400s) or just didn't provide pictures of the back of the box.

if the box has two stickers like this, it's definitely a newer batch.

Thanks a lot for the info, will probably get a refurbished one from amazon.

[quote=trench]i got mine off of ebay, but this was a few months ago. some korean seller was selling a couple of dozens of them (in actual retail packaging, never opened). there were more sellers around, but i could only find that one seller who had pictures of his own wares (so i could check if they had the stickers with 'Logitech' on them). the others used 'stock' pictures of the g400 (or even the g400s) or just didn't provide pictures of the back of the box.

if the box has two stickers like [url=http://cdn.overclock.net/0/0c/0c7bd73d_600x450px-LL-12e19626_IMG_5119.jpeg]this[/url], it's definitely a newer batch.

anyway, i hope you'll get yourself one. it's still a fantastic mouse :)[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the info, will probably get a refurbished one from amazon.
0 Frags +

Would buy if it had the same sensor as the g502. Oh well. I guess they were trying to keep the price down?

Would buy if it had the same sensor as the g502. Oh well. I guess they were trying to keep the price down?
1 Frags +

I'd go with g400s

I'd go with g400s
0 Frags +

Been using it for the past 2 weeks.
Seems pretty flawless so far, haven't noticed any jitter or forced/neg accel at all. In design it feels a lot like g400, except it's a bit longer(which I personally find less comfortable, minor inconvenience and maybe I just have small hands).

Been using it for the past 2 weeks.
Seems pretty flawless so far, haven't noticed any jitter or forced/neg accel at all. In design it feels a lot like g400, except it's a bit longer(which I personally find less comfortable, minor inconvenience and maybe I just have small hands).
1 Frags +

I believe by "old one", rock was referring to the G400 in comparison to the G400s, in which case his statement is true.

That said, Amazon or Ebay would be your best bet. Edit : Oh I'm sorry, I offered to ship one I had new to you for around the price of a refurb since I wasn't using it, but just noticed your location, which would probably nulify savings for you and make shipping a pain anyhow. Sorry for that

I believe by "old one", rock was referring to the G400 in comparison to the G400s, in which case his statement is true.

That said, Amazon or Ebay would be your best bet. Edit : Oh I'm sorry, I offered to ship one I had new to you for around the price of a refurb since I wasn't using it, but just noticed your location, which would probably nulify savings for you and make shipping a pain anyhow. Sorry for that
2 Frags +

As a former user of a G400 and current user of a G400s I would just get the G400s. When I switched, after the cord of the G400 broke, I didn't notice any difference what so ever. No reason to try to hunt down the older, when you can just get the new and improved.

As a former user of a G400 and current user of a G400s I would just get the G400s. When I switched, after the cord of the G400 broke, I didn't notice any difference what so ever. No reason to try to hunt down the older, when you can just get the new and improved.
0 Frags +

from what i read on overclockers.net the G400 was slightly better than the "s" version, the G402 has 3310 sensor, the G502 has 3366 which is like one of the best sensor ever made, the 3310 is sligthly worse but still a great sensor, i'd buy it to replace my crappy G500s but it has too many gimmicks like the sniperxXx360 button and the shape is too gay for my tastes, but beside that like everyone said it's really good even if it has a problem with Y axis acceleration and with its embedded accelerometer, and also has a slam problem for someone, and logitech will probably fix these issues before the release (i hope)

SplitI believe by "old one", rock was referring to the G400 in comparison to the G400s, in which case his statement is true

that's what i meant :)

from what i read on overclockers.net the G400 was slightly better than the "s" version, the G402 has 3310 sensor, the G502 has 3366 which is like one of the best sensor ever made, the 3310 is sligthly worse but still a great sensor, i'd buy it to replace my crappy G500s but it has too many gimmicks like the sniperxXx360 button and the shape is too gay for my tastes, but beside that like everyone said it's really good even if it has a problem with Y axis acceleration and with its embedded accelerometer, and also has a slam problem for someone, and logitech will probably fix these issues before the release (i hope)

[quote=Split]I believe by "old one", rock was referring to the G400 in comparison to the G400s, in which case his statement is true[/quote]

that's what i meant :)
-4 Frags +
rock- the G402 has 3310 sensor

AFAIK that's false, read Ino's review at OCN, it tell all you need to know about the mouse.

About the G400 compared to the "s" version, some peopleo claim that the G400s has "smoothing" whilst the previous one doesn't. Imo i'd still buy the newer one because of it's cable stress relief system, had too many G400 break their cables.

[quote=rock-] the G402 has 3310 sensor[/quote]
AFAIK that's false, read Ino's review at OCN, it tell all you need to know about the mouse.

About the G400 compared to the "s" version, some peopleo claim that the G400s has "smoothing" whilst the previous one doesn't. Imo i'd still buy the newer one because of it's cable stress relief system, had too many G400 break their cables.
0 Frags +
hektikrock- the G402 has 3310 sensorAFAIK that's false, read Ino's review at OCN, it tell all you need to know about the mouse.

i read it on ino's review and at some point he says the mouse uses a 3310 customized by logitech

[quote=hektik][quote=rock-] the G402 has 3310 sensor[/quote]
AFAIK that's false, read Ino's review at OCN, it tell all you need to know about the mouse.[/quote]

i read it on ino's review and at some point he says the mouse uses a 3310 customized by logitech
0 Frags +

The main sensor is the AM010, same as g100s. If anything, its a customised 3050.

edit: image http://cdn.overclock.net/4/42/900x900px-LL-42dd277c_AWDsoGo.jpeg

The main sensor is the AM010, same as g100s. If anything, its a customised 3050.

edit: image http://cdn.overclock.net/4/42/900x900px-LL-42dd277c_AWDsoGo.jpeg
0 Frags +

Right now, nvc is streaming and testing the G402. He said it was a great mouse despite the sensor, and that he wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for the fusion engine technology. Looks like a really cool mouse.

http://www.twitch.tv/justnvc

Right now, nvc is streaming and testing the G402. He said it was a great mouse despite the sensor, and that he wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for the fusion engine technology. Looks like a really cool mouse.

http://www.twitch.tv/justnvc
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.