http://playmorepromode.org/

http://www.quakelive.com/#!news/site_news/37858

/discuss

http://playmorepromode.org/
8 Frags +

cu@cpma

cu@cpma
2 Frags +

Why would they change the "whole" user interface? It looks fucking terrible.

Why would they change the "whole" user interface? It looks fucking terrible.
0 Frags +

we must know if through loadouts we can bring to a map weapons that aren't featured in it IMO.

Overall help for item timings and damage dealt are nice additions, that won't stop newbies from getting rolled by fragmachines tho D:

we must know if through loadouts we can bring to a map weapons that aren't featured in it IMO.

Overall help for item timings and damage dealt are nice additions, that won't stop newbies from getting rolled by fragmachines tho D:
-1 Frags +

This could actually attract new players. I know Quake veterans aren't too interested in that but still... Running around with Machine Gun half the time in FFA/TDM was so discouraging for beginners like me.

This could actually attract new players. I know Quake veterans aren't too interested in that but still... Running around with Machine Gun half the time in FFA/TDM was so discouraging for beginners like me.
3 Frags +

whats the ETA on it coming to steam?

whats the ETA on it coming to steam?
1 Frags +

For players who wish to largely avoid the new major changes, the legacy style of play has been preserved within a "Classic" ruleset. All of our public Duel servers run in Classic mode

nothing will change

For players who wish to largely avoid the new major changes, the legacy style of play has been preserved within a "Classic" ruleset. All of our public Duel servers run in Classic mode

nothing will change
0 Frags +

we cant use all the weapons at once now? i wonder if this encourage some kind of "class" meta and make the team game modes a little less stale

we cant use all the weapons at once now? i wonder if this encourage some kind of "class" meta and make the team game modes a little less stale
0 Frags +
Twitchwe cant use all the weapons at once now? i wonder if this encourage some kind of "class" meta and make the team game modes a little less stale

Yes, you can. You will have those 2 "loadout" weapons when you spawn but you can always get more weapons by picking them up.

[quote=Twitch]we cant use all the weapons at once now? i wonder if this encourage some kind of "class" meta and make the team game modes a little less stale[/quote]
Yes, you can. You will have those 2 "loadout" weapons when you spawn but you can always get more weapons by picking them up.
RGB LAN
8 Frags +

I'm a fan of just about everything there is to this update, especially that duel will remain the same as it always has been.

- CTF has improved dramatically with the removal of mines and runes.

- Strafe jumping is still relevant and better than bunny hopping.

- Universal ammo is a pretty cool idea.

- Heavy machine gun. No idea how it is but it's cool that they added a new gun.

- Players can hold their jump button to continuously jump, which is a cool feature from Warsow but really changes nothing. It's just a preference thing.

- The loadout thing adds a different kind of strategy, which I think is pretty cool and makes it more unique. But again, if you don't like it, you can still play classic mode where you spawn with MG.

- Powerup timers appear 10 seconds before they spawn, but better teams who actually time these powerups will still have an advantage, because you need more than 10 seconds to set up for good powerup control.

- Lightning gun does 6 damage instead of 7, and I don't mind this. They tried to do something similar a long time ago with making it do 5/6/7 depending on how close/far the shaft was hitting the enemy. The LG will still see similar use, but it might make some people consider different weapons in certain situations. The LG will still definitely melt people, so no one should overreact about this.

All in all, QL needed a good update like this, so this is good. No harm done, considering if you want to play the classic way, the classic option is available.

I'm a fan of just about everything there is to this update, especially that duel will remain the same as it always has been.

- CTF has improved dramatically with the removal of mines and runes.

- Strafe jumping is still relevant and better than bunny hopping.

- Universal ammo is a pretty cool idea.

- Heavy machine gun. No idea how it is but it's cool that they added a new gun.

- Players can hold their jump button to continuously jump, which is a cool feature from Warsow but really changes nothing. It's just a preference thing.

- The loadout thing adds a different kind of strategy, which I think is pretty cool and makes it more unique. But again, if you don't like it, you can still play classic mode where you spawn with MG.

- Powerup timers appear 10 seconds before they spawn, but better teams who actually time these powerups will still have an advantage, because you need more than 10 seconds to set up for good powerup control.

- Lightning gun does 6 damage instead of 7, and I don't mind this. They tried to do something similar a long time ago with making it do 5/6/7 depending on how close/far the shaft was hitting the enemy. The LG will still see similar use, but it might make some people consider different weapons in certain situations. The LG will still definitely melt people, so no one should overreact about this.

All in all, QL needed a good update like this, so this is good. No harm done, considering if you want to play the classic way, the classic option is available.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.