Upvote Upvoted 13 Downvote Downvoted
Shade phished possibly
0 Frags +

My email was sending out garbage virus emails from

rodrigo @ eca. edu. au at 4AM last night with a link to some website called "ghosting . nl" I'm not sure how many people this sent out to but if you ever had contact with my personal email there is a chance you got that email as well.

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK.

I'm working on figuring out how I got hit with a virus in the first place but this means everyone that got an email regarding froyotech.tv might have been sent this message as well.

Also if you have any tips for me on removing or making sure this is removed let me know. I ran MalwareBytes and found nothing as well as another anti-virus scanner which also found nothing. Not sure if it might be browser or email based? Anyway just wanted to give a big mass warning to everyone to be careful of any emails you get from me from last night or the next couple days.

My email was sending out garbage virus emails from

rodrigo @ eca. edu. au at 4AM last night with a link to some website called "ghosting . nl" I'm not sure how many people this sent out to but if you ever had contact with my personal email there is a chance you got that email as well.

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK.

I'm working on figuring out how I got hit with a virus in the first place but this means everyone that got an email regarding froyotech.tv might have been sent this message as well.

Also if you have any tips for me on removing or making sure this is removed let me know. I ran MalwareBytes and found nothing as well as another anti-virus scanner which also found nothing. Not sure if it might be browser or email based? Anyway just wanted to give a big mass warning to everyone to be careful of any emails you get from me from last night or the next couple days.
13 Frags +

So I don't know if this makes a difference but I've noticed my computer has been so loud lately. Like grinding away when it's on. I just unplugged my wifi from it and it completely stopped making this noise lol. Does this mean something or am I being paranoid at this point? Lol posting from my iPhone now -.-

So I don't know if this makes a difference but I've noticed my computer has been so loud lately. Like grinding away when it's on. I just unplugged my wifi from it and it completely stopped making this noise lol. Does this mean something or am I being paranoid at this point? Lol posting from my iPhone now -.-
RGB LAN
23 Frags +

Just because your email has been compromised doesn't mean that your computer has a virus. Change your password and you should be fine. Unless whoever has control of your email has already changed the password, then I dunno, make a new email lol.

I have never heard of a case of a loud noise going away when you disconnect your computer from wifi or anything network related. In fact, I've never heard of any kind of loud noise coming from a computer that was network related.

You're just crazy, Funari.

Just because your email has been compromised doesn't mean that your computer has a virus. Change your password and you should be fine. Unless whoever has control of your email has already changed the password, then I dunno, make a new email lol.

I have never heard of a case of a loud noise going away when you disconnect your computer from wifi or anything network related. In fact, I've never heard of any kind of loud noise coming from a computer that was network related.

You're just crazy, Funari.
4 Frags +

change ur email password and make sure that there are no weird forwarding rules set. the loud computer thing probably isnt related but just stay diligent on running antiviruses regularly.

change ur email password and make sure that there are no weird forwarding rules set. the loud computer thing probably isnt related but just stay diligent on running antiviruses regularly.
RGB LAN
62 Frags +

Now that I think about it, the loud noises means your computer is mining bitcoins for ESEA.

YOU'RE DONE FOR.

Now that I think about it, the loud noises means your computer is mining bitcoins for ESEA.

YOU'RE DONE FOR.
5 Frags +

I changed the password and looked through the settings but dont seem to see any forwarding things set up.

Hopefully that resolves the issues.

This loud noise shit is really bothersome though. As soon as I unplug my wifi the like grinding sounds stop. Not sure what to think of that.

I changed the password and looked through the settings but dont seem to see any forwarding things set up.

Hopefully that resolves the issues.

This loud noise shit is really bothersome though. As soon as I unplug my wifi the like grinding sounds stop. Not sure what to think of that.
5 Frags +

What does "unplugged your wifi" mean? Disabling your network card or are you plugged in with an ethernet cord and unplugging that?

What I'm getting at is does it only get loud with Wireless internet or when plugged in with ethernet too?

*Edit* I'd just open the side panel of your case and see if you can spot what component is actually getting loud. Maybe just a fan going bad.

What does "unplugged your wifi" mean? Disabling your network card or are you plugged in with an ethernet cord and unplugging that?

What I'm getting at is does it only get loud with Wireless internet or when plugged in with ethernet too?

*Edit* I'd just open the side panel of your case and see if you can spot what component is actually getting loud. Maybe just a fan going bad.
RGB LAN
3 Frags +
HueyLewisWhat does "unplugged your wifi" mean?

I just assumed he meant unplugging an ethernet cable and used the word "wifi" very poorly, lol.

But yeah, you're probably right Huey. It's probably a dying case fan. I think it's possible that in the event that he's unplugging/plugging in the ethernet cable, the force of it being unplugged/plugged in jiggles a dying fan just a little bit.

[quote=HueyLewis]What does "unplugged your wifi" mean?[/quote]

I just assumed he meant unplugging an ethernet cable and used the word "wifi" very poorly, lol.

But yeah, you're probably right Huey. It's probably a dying case fan. I think it's possible that in the event that he's unplugging/plugging in the ethernet cable, the force of it being unplugged/plugged in jiggles a dying fan just a little bit.
4 Frags +

I have this little Belkin* network adapter thing which I use to connect to our wifi. When I unplug that thing, sound stops. When plug it back in after a minute or so the grinding starts back up. It's kinda loud as shit too.

I have this little Belkin* network adapter thing which I use to connect to our wifi. When I unplug that thing, sound stops. When plug it back in after a minute or so the grinding starts back up. It's kinda loud as shit too.
21 Frags +

u prolly have litecoin mining malware which requires an internet connection, which is using ur graphics card @ 100% usage causing the fan to kick on at max RPM which is quite loud.

the reason its dying when you plug internet is because you can't mine without a direct internet connection to a mining pool so as soon as u unplug the miner goes dormant

thats my 2c

u prolly have litecoin mining malware which requires an internet connection, which is using ur graphics card @ 100% usage causing the fan to kick on at max RPM which is quite loud.

the reason its dying when you plug internet is because you can't mine without a direct internet connection to a mining pool so as soon as u unplug the miner goes dormant

thats my 2c
RGB LAN
3 Frags +

Take off the side of your computer case and find out exactly what is making the noise. That will help tremendously.

Take off the side of your computer case and find out exactly what is making the noise. That will help tremendously.
0 Frags +

If you worry about your pc using a lot of resources, then check if your pc is using a lot of resources? Open taskmanager for the CPU and a GPU overclock program or whatever you feel is the best to check if your GPU is doing more work than normally.

If you worry about your pc using a lot of resources, then check if your pc is using a lot of resources? Open taskmanager for the CPU and a GPU overclock program or whatever you feel is the best to check if your GPU is doing more work than normally.
2 Frags +

download gpu z/rivatuner and check out ur GPU usage %, fan RPM, and core temp, that would help too

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

download gpu z/rivatuner and check out ur GPU usage %, fan RPM, and core temp, that would help too

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
19 Frags +

Damn it. I logged in just to make fun of funari for talking about unplugging a wireless connection. Then I read the rest of the thread and saw other people have already done it.

Oh well. Doing it anyway. Bahahahaha unplugging wifi, what a doofus.

Damn it. I logged in just to make fun of funari for talking about unplugging a wireless connection. Then I read the rest of the thread and saw other people have already done it.

Oh well. Doing it anyway. Bahahahaha unplugging wifi, what a doofus.
12 Frags +
TheFragileTake off the side of your computer case and find out exactly what is making the noise. That will help tremendously.

It seems it is my hard drive making these noises. I unno why the hell its doing that.

fuckyousmaka.

[quote=TheFragile]Take off the side of your computer case and find out exactly what is making the noise. That will help tremendously.[/quote]

It seems it is my hard drive making these noises. I unno why the hell its doing that.

fuckyousmaka.
-2 Frags +
shadeTheFragileTake off the side of your computer case and find out exactly what is making the noise. That will help tremendously.
fuckyousmaka.

Check if your pc is making temporary files, and also check your %appdata%

[quote=shade][quote=TheFragile]Take off the side of your computer case and find out exactly what is making the noise. That will help tremendously.[/quote]

fuckyousmaka.[/quote]

Check if your pc is making temporary files, and also check your %appdata%
6 Frags +

I would probably start backing up your stuff if I were you, just in case. A hard drive making a lot of noise is never a good thing. However I have no idea how it could possibly be connected to a usb wifi adapter (I assume thats what you have based on your previous post), unless it's something like what Rick posted. I'd plug in directly with ethernet and see if it still gets loud, just to try and eliminate the usb adapter.

I would probably start backing up your stuff if I were you, just in case. A hard drive making a lot of noise is never a good thing. However I have no idea how it could possibly be connected to a usb wifi adapter (I assume thats what you have based on your previous post), unless it's something like what Rick posted. I'd plug in directly with ethernet and see if it still gets loud, just to try and eliminate the usb adapter.
39 Frags +

It would be possible to figure out what is causing it and how to fix it but to be honest you're probably better off just freaking out for a bit and then reformatting. Next time make sure you get those 'celeb nudes' from a trusted source.

It would be possible to figure out what is causing it and how to fix it but to be honest you're probably better off just freaking out for a bit and then reformatting. Next time make sure you get those 'celeb nudes' from a trusted source.
13 Frags +
MemphisVonIt would be possible to figure out what is causing it and how to fix it but to be honest you're probably better off just freaking out for a bit and then reformatting. Next time make sure you get those 'celeb nudes' from a trusted source.

Jlaw man, Jlawwwwww.

[quote=MemphisVon]It would be possible to figure out what is causing it and how to fix it but to be honest you're probably better off just freaking out for a bit and then reformatting. Next time make sure you get those 'celeb nudes' from a trusted source.[/quote]

Jlaw man, Jlawwwwww.
2 Frags +

What CPU usage does task manager report?

What are the temps and power usage of your CPU? http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

If the computer is "Loud" it usually means it's doing work and the fans have to spin up to keep it cool (mining is a cause for this, as others have noted). Look for processes with high CPU usage and high CPU load temperatures as culprits!

What CPU usage does task manager report?

What are the temps and power usage of your CPU? http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

If the computer is "Loud" it usually means it's doing work and the fans have to spin up to keep it cool (mining is a cause for this, as others have noted). Look for processes with high CPU usage and high CPU load temperatures as culprits!
27 Frags +

I was hoping for leaked shade nudes.

I was hoping for leaked shade nudes.
-19 Frags +
AdmirableI was hoping for leaked shade nudes.

trust me, no you werent.

[quote=Admirable]I was hoping for leaked shade nudes.[/quote]

trust me, no you werent.
8 Frags +
shadeSo I don't know if this makes a difference but I've noticed my computer has been so loud lately. Like grinding away when it's on. I just unplugged my wifi from it and it completely stopped making this noise lol. Does this mean something or am I being paranoid at this point? Lol posting from my iPhone now -.-

1. fan ball bearings are shot and fans need to be replaced
2. your hdd is just loud and writing/reading a lot of data
3. if you use a water cooling system, your pump is failing
4. aliens

[quote=shade]So I don't know if this makes a difference but I've noticed my computer has been so loud lately. Like grinding away when it's on. I just unplugged my wifi from it and it completely stopped making this noise lol. Does this mean something or am I being paranoid at this point? Lol posting from my iPhone now -.-[/quote]
1. fan ball bearings are shot and fans need to be replaced
2. your hdd is just loud and writing/reading a lot of data
3. if you use a water cooling system, your pump is failing
4. aliens
5 Frags +

I don't want to freak you out, but if you don't have a backup already back up the most important files first. Backing up a whole HDD at once puts a lot of stress on it and if it's close to dying that might actually trigger a failure before the backup is done.

This is why you make backups, people.

My bets are on a fan though.

I don't want to freak you out, but if you don't have a backup already back up the most important files first. Backing up a whole HDD at once puts a lot of stress on it and if it's close to dying that might actually trigger a failure before the backup is done.

This is why you make backups, people.

My bets are on a fan though.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.