Upvote Upvoted 2 Downvote Downvoted
Configuring Blue Snowball for Mumble/ Teamspeak
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

It's never been too much of a problem before, but having just got a mechanical keyboard I'm wondering if any of the audio nerds experts of TF2 have any advice on specific settings I should be using on Windows/ my VoIP programs to make my voice sound better/ avoid picking up keyboard noise?

It's never been too much of a problem before, but having just got a mechanical keyboard I'm wondering if any of the audio [s]nerds[/s] experts of TF2 have any advice on specific settings I should be using on Windows/ my VoIP programs to make my voice sound better/ avoid picking up keyboard noise?
0 Frags +

Get a better mic with a smaller range, and/or put the mic closer to your mouth and lower the sensitivity…

Get a better mic with a smaller range, and/or put the mic closer to your mouth and lower the sensitivity…
4 Frags +

Its the wrong mic for gaming tbh, i have a blue yeti and the sound qual is great but always people complaining about the sound of my keyboard, because the mic is so powerful

Good mic for streaming/recording stuff with voice i guess..

Its the wrong mic for gaming tbh, i have a blue yeti and the sound qual is great but always people complaining about the sound of my keyboard, because the mic is so powerful

Good mic for streaming/recording stuff with voice i guess..
8 Frags +

if anyone complains that your keyboard is too loud, proceed to mash your keys until they stop whining

works for me

if anyone complains that your keyboard is too loud, proceed to mash your keys until they stop whining

works for me
7 Frags +
Dave_if anyone complains that your keyboard is too loud, proceed to mash your keys until they stop whining

works for me

That and inform that they are peasants and Cherry MX Blue masterrace.

[quote=Dave_]if anyone complains that your keyboard is too loud, proceed to mash your keys until they stop whining

works for me[/quote]

That and inform that they are peasants and Cherry MX Blue masterrace.
20 Frags +
Dave_if anyone complains that your keyboard is too loud, proceed to mash your keys until they stop whining

works for me

how do u know that they didn't just local mute you

[quote=Dave_]if anyone complains that your keyboard is too loud, proceed to mash your keys until they stop whining

works for me[/quote]
1 Frags +

i play with my keyboard in my lap because it picks up everything.
wish i got a different mic.

i play with my keyboard in my lap because it picks up everything.
wish i got a different mic.
-2 Frags +
AlderDave_if anyone complains that your keyboard is too loud, proceed to mash your keys until they stop whining

works for me

because i continue to hear them whine as i bottom out my keys without a care in the world

[quote=Alder][quote=Dave_]if anyone complains that your keyboard is too loud, proceed to mash your keys until they stop whining

works for me[/quote]
how do u know that they didn't just local mute you[/quote]
because i continue to hear them whine as i bottom out my keys without a care in the world
11 Frags +

so you mash keys until they stop whining

...but you continue to hear them whine

the logic is overwhelming

so you mash keys until they stop whining

0 Frags +

#JustCherryMXBlueMasterraceThings

#JustCherryMXBlueMasterraceThings
0 Frags +

Can you guys recommend some desktop mics around the same price point that wouldn't be as sensitive with the keyboard sounds?

Can you guys recommend some desktop mics around the same price point that wouldn't be as sensitive with the keyboard sounds?
3 Frags +
smakersso you mash keys until they stop whining

smaka
you're a beautiful lady

[quote=smakers]so you mash keys until they stop whining

the logic is overwhelming[/quote]
smaka
you're a beautiful lady
0 Frags +

Try to isolate it from the desk as much as posible, i put my yeti on a small box and played with the gateing a bit and managed to get it just about ok, all condenser mics pick up alot of background noise. Any dynamic mic will be more directional, so get a headset or a pg58/sm58 with a usb preamp if your serious about your audio stuff lol.

Try to isolate it from the desk as much as posible, i put my yeti on a small box and played with the gateing a bit and managed to get it just about ok, all condenser mics pick up alot of background noise. Any dynamic mic will be more directional, so get a headset or a pg58/sm58 with a usb preamp if your serious about your audio stuff lol.
0 Frags +
ProSkeezCan you guys recommend some desktop mics around the same price point that wouldn't be as sensitive with the keyboard sounds?

I use http://www.amazon.com/Connectland-CL-ME-606-Goose-Desktop-Microphone/dp/B0028Y4DCC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409915591&sr=8-1&keywords=connectland+mic

When I played with a keyboard on my desk I had it pointed toward me and I could use voice activation with little problems.

[quote=ProSkeez]Can you guys recommend some desktop mics around the same price point that wouldn't be as sensitive with the keyboard sounds?[/quote]
I use http://www.amazon.com/Connectland-CL-ME-606-Goose-Desktop-Microphone/dp/B0028Y4DCC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409915591&sr=8-1&keywords=connectland+mic&tag=teamfortresst-20

When I played with a keyboard on my desk I had it pointed toward me and I could use voice activation with little problems.
0 Frags +

You could change to the brown switches or get another keyboard with browns, but honestly, just use a headset mic with a lower range. I have a Yeti for recording and streaming, but I always use my steelseries headset when in mumble. I use cherries myself

If everything fails:

works for me
You could change to the brown switches or get another keyboard with browns, but honestly, just use a headset mic with a lower range. I have a Yeti for recording and streaming, but I always use my steelseries headset when in mumble. I use cherries myself

If everything fails:

works for me[/quote]
1 Frags +

I use an Antlion Modmic 4.0, no keyboard sounds, nothing outside me or my voice. Voice quality is great as well.

Slight problems with calibrating voice detection, other than that, it's really good and the fact that you can take it off is pretty useful.

I bought mine from their online store and had it shipped from the US, I think it cost something along the lines of 50€, similar to what they have now where you can buy it from a store in the UK (http://www.limexb360.co.uk/ModMic_with_Mute_Button_p/modmic.htm).

hf

I use an Antlion Modmic 4.0, no keyboard sounds, nothing outside me or my voice. Voice quality is great as well.

Slight problems with calibrating voice detection, other than that, it's really good and the fact that you can take it off is pretty useful.

I bought mine from their online store and had it shipped from the US, I think it cost something along the lines of 50€, similar to what they have now where you can buy it from a store in the UK (http://www.limexb360.co.uk/ModMic_with_Mute_Button_p/modmic.htm).

hf
0 Frags +

Try modding a boom arm so you can move it away from the keyboard.

http://www.ikeahackers.net/2011/05/hack-a-tertial-lamp-into-a-mic-stand.html

Try modding a boom arm so you can move it away from the keyboard.

http://www.ikeahackers.net/2011/05/hack-a-tertial-lamp-into-a-mic-stand.html
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.